Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot in New York City

Blog Entries

Bigfoot in New York City

Well, in Staten Island, at least.

From Cryptomundo http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/li-bigfoot/
    On December 7, 1974, Frank Piztolato and Phillip Vivolo were in the woods near Historic Richmond Town when they "saw a black, upright ‘bear’ which roared at them." A few weeks later, on the morning of January 21, 1975, a young couple "saw Bigfoot in a church car park in the early morning" and later that night, Mrs. D. Daly was "driving late at night [and] had to brake to avoid a Bigfoot under six feet tall crossing the road from a church car park and heading for the rubbish dump and the swamp behind the church."
    I think it is believable because the area has a lot of natural woods. I took this picture of the area in 2008. That is St. Andrew's church in the background. I don't think it has changed much since 1975.

Though, maybe it was a bear that came over from New Jersey.
    Last edited by newyorklily; 12-06-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

I suppose I've heard of stranger things in NYC

On a more serious note, I live in the back hills of Arkansas and I can guarantee you that Bigfoot exists, I've seen one up close and quite frankly it scared the pee water right out of me.

I too had an encounter with a Bigfoot. He was huge, solid black with some grey on his back. I reported the sighting to BFRO and Matt Moneymaker. They contacted me about the incident but never came to interview me. It changed my whole perspective on what is possible and what is not. I don't talk about it very much because...simply put....people just don't believe me.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Though, maybe it was a bear that came over from New Jersey.
    Bear have often been mistaken for Bigfoot since they will occasionally stand on their hind legs. In comparison, Bigfoot have occasionally been sighted walking on all fours. The main difference is in the gate of the walk. Bear when walking on their hind legs tend to take short, almost hopping steps. The Bigfoot I witnessed took long strides with his long arms swinging by his side. He moved hurriedly, covering a lot of ground in a short period of time. My sighting was in North Carolina where Bear are common but they are smaller than the larger Browns and Grizzlies of other parts of the country. When standing on it's hind legs, a NC Black Bear might be 6 ft at best. The creature I saw was a every bit of 8 ft, maybe taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I too had an encounter with a Bigfoot. He was huge, solid black with some grey on his back. I reported the sighting to BFRO and Matt Moneymaker. They contacted me about the incident but never came to interview me. It changed my whole perspective on what is possible and what is not. I don't talk about it very much because...simply put....people just don't believe me.
    Where did you see this? I think I have an idea. Uwharrie National forest?
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 12-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Where did you see this? I think I have an idea. Uharrie National forest?
    Hi Dragonfire,

You are close. It was very near there. My wife and I were on our way from Raleigh NC where we live to Kerr Lake where we use to have a houseboat. Kerr Lake is on the North Carolina and Virginia border. We were heading north on I-85 one Saturday morning in early October as we have done hundreds of times. It was cool, grey and very overcast. We had a lot of rain that year and the Lake and River levels were well above normal, which explains why I saw what I saw. Between Oxford and Henderson you cross two major NC Rivers, the Tar and Neuse. Both run NW to SE and empty out at the coast. It was on a section of I-85 between these two rivers that I had the sighting.

We were coming out of a slight curve to the right, I was traveling about 70mph with my cruise control on. I was in the inside lane. There was a 18-wheeler slightly ahead of me in the outside lane and I was overtaking him. That is when I notice a dark figure come out of the tree line to the right and start down the embankment. It was a couple hundred yards ahead and covering ground pretty fast. Now this was a wide section of I-85 with a grassy median and steel guard rails on both sides of both the North and South bound lanes. At first I thought it was a man, I even exclaimed to my wife that some idiot is crossing the road ahead of us. My wife was reading a book and never looked up. The trucker saw it the same time I did because I saw his brake lights come on. I put my foot on the brake to release the cruise control and in case I had to stop suddenly. The WTF moment came when the creature stepped over the guard rails in mid stride,
    not slowing down one bit. It didn't run like a human, it had more of a long legged gait. It swung it's big, long
    arms down by it's side. It was jet black head to toe with a patch of grey on its back. The best way to discribe how it looked is like a really broad, tall man wearing a loosely fitting black sweat suit with the hoodie up. I didn't get a look at it's face, only the side and back. The creature never turned toward me, just hurriedly crossed the road and disappeared into the tree line on the other side. The whole time I kept telling my wife to look and when she finally put down her book, the creature was gone. To this day, she still doesn't believe I saw it.

Most people like to point out that Bigfoot usually doesn't use the interstate system. But I tell them actually he does! They use the rivers, lakes and streams. You see normally the big guy would have just passed under the highway through many of the culverts. But like I said earlier, the rivers were too high. He had no choice but cross the road. I just happen to be there at the right time.

After my experience I did a bit of research and found out that there have been a number of sighting in North Carolina. Uwharrie National Forest is particularly known for Bigfoot activity. There have been sigthings from The Great Smokies to the Sounds and marshes of the North Carolina Coast. Some have reasoned that Bigfoot uses the river systems to move freely about just as we use highways. They seem to follow the seasonal migrations of animals such as deer, supposedly a favorite food.

I filed a report with the Bigfoot Field Research Organization(BFRO), and was contacted via email. I was asked for greater details in a back and forth with one of their researchers but was never formally interviewed. I can honestly tell you that it was unlike anything that I have ever seen in my life. This creature was huge, probabaly 8 feet, massive arms and legs. I have been asked if I would like to join a Bigfoot expedition. My anwser? I do not wish to meet the creature I saw face to face!!

Redbone,

Thanks for sharing. I am in NC as well. Charlotte. I do travel the interstates often and the back roads as well. I know where you are talking about. Been that way many times. I would like to encounter one, at a safe distance of course. Just never in the right place at the right time.

I might be willing to go on the hunt. But I'm getting too old to stay out all night.
    Last edited by Dragonfire; 12-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

I believe you Redbone, Your story has some overtones of mine. When I saw the creature on the side of the highway it turned and headed back into the woods but never looked at me. I didn't see its face. Like yourself as well, I have absolutely no desire to ever see one again. I know it's real and the thought of going out into the forest to look for an animal that can tear me apart just for shits and giggles, no way. I'll leave that to the people who haven't seen one.

My former office-mate and I were camping in the Sierras with our families in the early 1990's. At sunset we saw what looked like a tall man in a fur coat on a small rise, on the skyline in front of us. At the same time we heard a screaming that repeated every few seconds that sounded like a cross between a woman's vocal range and that of a big cat like one of the mountain lions which are in the area. At first the sound and the figure seemed to be separate but after a minute of so I could tell the sound was coming from where the figure was standing beside a tree, as if it was using the tree for partial cover and screaming at us. I was thinking how odd it was for a person to be doing this and how stupid, since other campers had been target shooting in the area just minutes ago. Whatever is was walked off to the right, down behind the hill and the screams grew faint then soon stopped. I have no idea what it was. I did some research later and there were three sightings around there within fifteen years before or after our experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwupy View Post
    I believe you Redbone, Your story has some overtones of mine. When I saw the creature on the side of the highway it turned and headed back into the woods but never looked at me. I didn't see its face. Like yourself as well, I have absolutely no desire to ever see one again. I know it's real and the thought of going out into the forest to look for an animal that can tear me apart just for shits and giggles, no way. I'll leave that to the people who haven't seen one.
    It is like the dog chasing a car.......what is he going to do with it if he catches it? The creature I saw scared the bejeevies out of me. I was a nervous wreck and shaking like a leaf all while speeding in a 2000 lb car. Imagine being face to face with nothing between you but air? I was a skeptic before my sighting. I could not believe something like a Bigfoot could exist and there be no convincing physical evidence.

The Cherokee called them the 'Old People of the Forest.' Native American tribes all have their myths and legends of these creatures. My ancestors knew they existed, accepted them and gave them a wide berth. Now I have accepted that they exist and I too gladly give them a wide berth.