Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigfoot in New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My former office-mate and I were camping in the Sierras with our families in the early 1990's. At sunset we saw what looked like a tall man in a fur coat on a small rise, on the skyline in front of us. At the same time we heard a screaming that repeated every few seconds that sounded like a cross between a woman's vocal range and that of a big cat like one of the mountain lions which are in the area. At first the sound and the figure seemed to be separate but after a minute of so I could tell the sound was coming from where the figure was standing beside a tree, as if it was using the tree for partial cover and screaming at us. I was thinking how odd it was for a person to be doing this and how stupid, since other campers had been target shooting in the area just minutes ago. Whatever is was walked off to the right, down behind the hill and the screams grew faint then soon stopped. I have no idea what it was. I did some research later and there were three sightings around there within fifteen years before or after our experience.
    Hi Doc,

What you are describing sounds like a fairly commonly reported encounter where the creature didn't like your presence. Woodknocks, cat like screams and deep grunted vocalizations are all typical Bigfoot activity. They have been known to throw rocks or small branches at tents or cabins. The Bigfoot was probably trying to scare you off while also letting other Bigfoot know you were there.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Talk about a voice out of the past! Today I got a call from Tommy Roland of BFRO. He asked if I remembered talking to him about my Bigfoot experience back in 2010? I said of course, that is something that I will never forget. It seems that Animal Planet wants to do a Bigfoot episode on the Uwharrie National Forest. Tommy Roland called and asked if it would be okay to give the Animal Planet producers my name. He said they are looking for witnesses who saw the creature in or near Uwharrie. I had to think about it.....NOT!! Of course I said yes! So, maybe they will call and I will get my 15 minutes

That is cool... Keep us posted...

What Casper said...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Tommy from BFRO said the producers from Animal Planet contacted him to get names of reputable/reliable witnesses who had sightings in or near Uwharrie National Forest in North Carolina. Makes me feel good that he would think enough of my report to forward it to the Animal Planet producers.

Very Nice...hope you make it on the show. Let us know the episode. Although I usually watch it when it starts, even repeats
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

WOW, they are not wasting any time. I just got off the phone with Nick Crow, an assistant producer for 'Finding Bigfoot'. We discussed my sighting and he asked if I would be willing to meet with the cast and crew to tell my story for the show. Filming is scheduled to take place in November. He said a film crew will be in touch with me to scout out the area where the sighting took place. He said they would want me to attend the 'Town Hall' meeting, then go out with Matt and crew to the site. How cool is that? Once I have more info I will pass it on. Man, as many times as I have watched 'Finding Bigfoot', I never thought for a second that I would be on it as one of the featured witnesses. Maybe this will lead to a guest appearance on 'Duck Dynasty'. My grandson would really think that is cool and I could hang with Uncle Si! Move over Hollywood, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    WOW, they are not wasting any time. I just got off the phone with Nick Crow, an assistant producer for 'Finding Bigfoot'. We discussed my sighting and he asked if I would be willing to meet with the cast and crew to tell my story for the show. Filming is scheduled to take place in November. He said a film crew will be in touch with me to scout out the area where the sighting took place. He said they would want me to attend the 'Town Hall' meeting, then go out with Matt and crew to the site. How cool is that? Once I have more info I will pass it on. Man, as many times as I have watched 'Finding Bigfoot', I never thought for a second that I would be on it as one of the featured witnesses. Maybe this will lead to a guest appearance on 'Duck Dynasty'. My grandson would really think that is cool and I could hang with Uncle Si! Move over Hollywood, here I come.
    Fantastic...