Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
My former office-mate and I were camping in the Sierras with our families in the early 1990's. At sunset we saw what looked like a tall man in a fur coat on a small rise, on the skyline in front of us. At the same time we heard a screaming that repeated every few seconds that sounded like a cross between a woman's vocal range and that of a big cat like one of the mountain lions which are in the area. At first the sound and the figure seemed to be separate but after a minute of so I could tell the sound was coming from where the figure was standing beside a tree, as if it was using the tree for partial cover and screaming at us. I was thinking how odd it was for a person to be doing this and how stupid, since other campers had been target shooting in the area just minutes ago. Whatever is was walked off to the right, down behind the hill and the screams grew faint then soon stopped. I have no idea what it was. I did some research later and there were three sightings around there within fifteen years before or after our experience.
Hi Doc,

What you are describing sounds like a fairly commonly reported encounter where the creature didn't like your presence. Woodknocks, cat like screams and deep grunted vocalizations are all typical Bigfoot activity. They have been known to throw rocks or small branches at tents or cabins. The Bigfoot was probably trying to scare you off while also letting other Bigfoot know you were there.