Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: British MOD release of UFO documents

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Only one story has made it out of the archives so far.
    This has appeared in many papers in the U.K.
    A UFO was seen over Skegness for 7hrs and showed up on multiple radar but no jets were sent to check it out. 'They were overruled at the highest level'

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...es-Declassifed
    That link was no good (404) for me.

Found the story on The Sun.
    Very detailed, but disclaimer/warning, boobs in the advertisement on the page. Weird distraction, odd timing..

'NATION AT RISK' ‘Britain’s X-Files’ reveal how a UFO was spotted on RAF radar for HOURS but military were told to do nothing about it.

Ministry of Defence UFO files reveal ALL about 1996 UFO sighting that was written off as a 'celestial phenomena'
    Exclusive
    By Margi Murphy

“BRITAIN’S X-Files” reveal how a UFO was spotted on military radar for seven hours – but the RAF were “overruled at the highest level” and told to do nothing about it.

An investigation into the phenomenon was only opened after several witnesses spotted a rotating UFO in the sky over the Skegness coast.
    Story continues
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post

'NATION AT RISK' ‘Britain’s X-Files’ reveal how a UFO was spotted on RAF radar for HOURS but military were told to do nothing about it.
    Maybe they were told to do nothing because the higher ups new it was one of their own (man made origin, secret aircraft)?
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Tempted to drive over there photo them all. But suspect that's not allowed.
    Article said you are free to read the papers in the Kew locations "Reading Room". No clue if copy machine available in that room.
    Imagine you can use smartphone camera to capture images, or Even (with decent signal) live stream the images/video to cloud.
    Of course, no clue yet on size.
    15 releases= how many pages?
    Attachment 1008

Article said you are free to read the papers in the Kew locations "Reading Room". No clue if copy machine available in that room.
    Imagine you can use smartphone camera to capture images, or Even (with decent signal) live stream the images/video to cloud.
    Of course, no clue yet on size.
    15 releases= how many pages?
    Isaac Koi already went and took photos or copies of them. But when asked about putting them on the Internet, he was told that 1) there would be a fee, and 2) he had to take measures that they could not be copied and distributed by third parties. So, basically, the guideline seems to be: copy for personal use is allowed, but not for public distribution.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Davis Clarke has looked at another one of the files...

https://drdavidclarke.co.uk/2017/06/...lane-incident/

The release by Britain’s Ministry of Defence of 15 of its last remaining UFO files at the UK’s National Archives has revealed details of a stunning Cold War close encounter witnessed by the entire crew of a US Air Force spy-plane.

A RC-135 Rivet spyplane of the type operated by the USAF during the Cold War (credit: Wikipedia/USAF)

Formerly secret RAF files opened at The National Archives include a detailed account of an incident on 19 October 1982 when a USAF RC-135 plane, monitoring Soviet military activity, was buzzed by ‘a big object’ over the Eastern Mediterranean.

According to the files, British personnel at RAF Troodos, a remote base on the island of Cyprus listened in amazement to the radio calls of the American crew as the encounter unfolded at 35,000 feet above the sea.

The UFO – – described as covered in ‘a multitude of flashing lights 20 at a time’ – was picked up on the spylane’s radar as it approached from the south.

It then circled around the plane, call-sign Beano 73 – and closed in as the navigator appealed for help from the ground...

Full article on his page

Has anyone noticed how Nick Pope is taking so much credit on this? He has been posting how he has had So Many Media Interviews he claims.. And keeps stressing SO Many Media Interviews... He was a low level fella that had not much to do with anything,, And keeps saying he can't discuss anything because of a security oath.. Then how is he a UFO fella? Can't talk about nothing.?? lol. I had asked him, and he knows me, about our CubeSat project and atleast supporting it some how.. Giving us a shout out or anything. He said he would be happy to , "If WE Paid Him?"" WHat?? He is all about money.. Pay him to just say a word about us.. HE is the only person that has ever said such a thing. Watch putting up those new files from the MOD. He may ask for money for it, and turn you in for putting them on the internet,, lol. Sorry. Taking credit for these files kills me about him.. Rant a bit, I know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Isaac Koi already went and took photos or copies of them. But when asked about putting them on the Internet, he was told that 1) there would be a fee, and 2) he had to take measures that they could not be copied and distributed by third parties. So, basically, the guideline seems to be: copy for personal use is allowed, but not for public distribution.
    Sounds very unusual.
    Public documents, paid for with tax payer money, AFAIK have always been considered public domain.
    What they are describing amounts to a copyright.

I did send The Black Vault archives a recent email. Waiting to hear back. Maybe he will have better luck.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Has anyone noticed how Nick Pope is taking so much credit on this? He has been posting how he has had So Many Media Interviews he claims.. And keeps stressing SO Many Media Interviews... He was a low level fella that had not much to do with anything,, And keeps saying he can't discuss anything because of a security oath.. Then how is he a UFO fella? Can't talk about nothing.?? lol. I had asked him, and he knows me, about our CubeSat project and atleast supporting it some how.. Giving us a shout out or anything. He said he would be happy to , "If WE Paid Him?"" WHat?? He is all about money.. Pay him to just say a word about us.. HE is the only person that has ever said such a thing. Watch putting up those new files from the MOD. He may ask for money for it, and turn you in for putting them on the internet,, lol. Sorry. Taking credit for these files kills me about him.. Rant a bit, I know...
    The thing about Nick Pope is; he's a credentialed Government UFO investigator (retired).
    When he expresses an opinion on the subject, it is not easy for anyone to dismiss him as a UFO Crackpot.
    I can only imagine all the requests for appearances and endorsements he must receive. Guessing A LOT.
    Asking for $$$ can be a way of slowing down the request, and a way to pay for travel expenses. Might seem unfair, but if he is going to forgo working a day job to pursue UFOlogy, IMHO seems only reasonable he is paid for his time. Whatever the market will bear.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Looks like the #15 remaining MOD UFO Files released Jun 2017, are LISTED on the The National Archives website.
    They can be reserved (order in advance) for your viewing pleasure, onsite at the Kew location.
    They can be "Ordered" (copies mailed to you, for a price$)???
    They cannot be downloaded.

I do NOT see a release covering December 1980, that would include the "Rendlesham Forest incident".
    One of the remaining THREE missing files?

Descriptions of records and information about how to access them

1 - 15 of 15 results

UFO policy

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO policy.
    Held by: The National Archives, Kew - Ministry of Defence
    Date: 27 April 2004 - 07 May 2004
    Reference: DEFE 24/3156
    Subjects: Armed Forces (General Administration) | UFOs

Copy of DEFE 24/2862: UFO reports; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO reports. Copy of DEFE 24/2862: UFO reports; with redactions.
    Date: 16 November 1986 - 23 February 2001
    Reference: DEFE 24/2862/1

Copy of DEFE 24/2879: UFOs: reports; correspondence; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFOs: reports; correspondence. Copy of DEFE 24/2879: UFOs: reports; correspondence; with redactions.
    Date: 1976 - 1977
    Reference: DEFE 24/2879/1

Copy of DEFE 24/3129: UFOs: administration and general; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFOs: administration and general. Copy of DEFE 24/3129: UFOs: administration and general; with redactions.
    Date: 13 May 1982 - 02 January 1983
    Reference: DEFE 24/3129/1

Copy of DEFE 24/3122: Defence policy issues: UFOs; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Defence policy issues: UFOs. Copy of DEFE 24/3122: Defence policy issues: UFOs; with redactions.
    Date: 06 May 1997 - 15 March 2000
    Reference: DEFE 24/3122/1

Copy of DEFE 24/2823: UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs.
    Copy of DEFE 24/2823: UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions.
    Date: 06 November 1995 - 21 January 1996
    Reference: DEFE 24/2823/1
    Subjects: Air transport | Armed Forces (General Administration) | UFOs

Copy of DEFE 24/2822: UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs.
    Copy of DEFE 24/2822: UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions.
    Date: 04 January 1993 - 30 January 1995
    Reference: DEFE 24/2822/1

Copy of DEFE 24/2821: UFO reports: C31 air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO reports: C3I air traffic control; low flying UFOs. Copy of DEFE 24/2821: UFO reports: C31 air traffic control; low flying UFOs; with redactions.
    Date: 15 March 1991 - 20 December 1992
    Reference: DEFE 24/2821/1

Copy of DEFE 24/3128: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports. Copy of DEFE 24/3128: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions.
    Date: 01 September 2001 - 22 October 2002
    Reference: DEFE 24/3128/1
    Subjects: Air Force | Armed Forces (General Administration) | UFOs

Copy of DEFE 24/3127: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports. Copy of DEFE 24/3127: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions.
    Date: 16 November 1999 - 13 August 2001
    Reference: DEFE 24/3127/1

Copy of DEFE 24/3124: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports. Copy of DEFE 24/3124: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions.
    Date: 06 January 1995 - 21 November 1996
    Reference: DEFE 24/3124/1

Copy of DEFE 24/3126: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports. Copy of DEFE 24/3126: Air Defence Ground Environment: UFO reports; with redactions.
    Date: 01 October 1997 - 15 November 1999
    Reference: DEFE 24/3126/1

Copy of DEFE 24/2863: Freedom of Information Act 2000: copyright issues concerning internet publication; reports...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. Freedom of Information Act 2000: copyright issues concerning internet publication; reports of UFO sightings. Copy of DEFE 24/2863: Freedom of Information Act 2000: copyright issues concerning internet publication; reports of UFO sightings; with redactions.
    Date: 28 June 2007 - 15 August 2007
    Reference: DEFE 24/2863/1
    Subjects: Armed Forces (General Administration) | Communications | UFOs

UFO policy. This is a redacted version, which is the only surviving copy of this...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO policy. This is a redacted version, which is the only surviving copy of this file.
    Date: 13 June 2000 - 12 December 2000
    Reference: DEFE 24/3154

UFO policy. This is a redacted version, which is the only surviving copy of this...

Ministry of Defence: Defence Secretariat Branches and their Predecessors: Registered Files. UFO policy. This is a redacted version, which is the only surviving copy of this file.
    Date: 09 December 1971 - 11 December 1996
    Reference: DEFE 24/3152
    Attachment 1008

The thing about Nick Pope is; he's a credentialed Government UFO investigator (retired).
    When he expresses an opinion on the subject, it is not easy for anyone to dismiss him as a UFO Crackpot.
    I can only imagine all the requests for appearances and endorsements he must receive. Guessing A LOT.
    Asking for $$$ can be a way of slowing down the request, and a way to pay for travel expenses. Might seem unfair, but if he is going to forgo working a day job to pursue UFOlogy, IMHO seems only reasonable he is paid for his time. Whatever the market will bear.
    I think most people in the UFO community can spot a con a mile away. Afterall, there's been so many of them since way back when and they're all playing the same games anyway so that makes it easier to spot'em too.

I can understand where earthman is coming from but I'm with cal's opinion of Nick Pope. How many UFO researchers can say they actually worked at a gov't bureau that was set up explicitly for UFO reporting, research and analysis? He worked there for years so it's not surprising that he continued the same kind of work after he left that dept. And like everybody else, he's got to make a living to pay the bills so that means even charging for things that some may think he should simply grant as a favor. Favor's they wouldn't be requesting from him in the first place, if he wasn't Nick Pope.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi