Thread: Cloaked Helicopter

Cloaked Helicopter

I posted this before on other forums. But here it is for posterity:

Image on the left was photographed by a friend on 35mm film in Boynton Canyon, Sedona Arizona in the late 90s. Friend said he heard a distant helicopter sound but couldn't see anything, so he snapped some pics in the direction of the sound. He was down in the canyon at the time.

Imagine on right was captured also on 35mm film in Boynton Canyon, Sedona Arizona by myself in Summer of 2001. I was up on a ridge looking across flat land toward another ridge. I didn't hear anything, and only saw this after the film was developed.

I think it shows a cloaked helicopter from two different angles. Left picture shows it facing the right. You can see the cockpit area and the back tail extension. Right picture shows it facing to the left and back.

Maybe it had an infrared signature, and that's what showed up on film, and why it is white in color.

I heard there's an underground military base in the region. Back before they closed it off to camping, my friend camped there in Boynton a few times. One night he was sleeping in a tent with his wife when they were woken up by several bipedal footsteps running around the tent. Like children dashing around... it was a sleepless night for him and next morning he took off and never came back. He heard same stories from others who had camped there. Another time he heard something huge stumbling down (he said it sounded like a bigfoot) the hill and snapping trees in its way. I didn't camp there, I only hiked part of the way in during daytime.

IMHO, the visibility of the helicopter is more likely due to its color rather than it being “cloaked.” There are a number of "helicopter tours" available on the Sedona area and I have found several of the helicopters that are light in color (there is company which has a light blue/white and darker blue stripes color) which would give this appearance against a blue sky.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Thanks, I can see that being the case. The helicopter would have to look something like this then:

That's a pretty good camouflage if so, with the blue matching the sky on both occasions. If the whole thing were blue, it wouldn't have shown up at all.

I can only think of three possible reasons that might not fit:

- Guy who shot first pic said he couldn't see anything in the sky where the sound was coming from. Though this may be poor observation on his part.

- Second pic appears to show far wall of cockpit behind near wall with an open gap between them, as if see-through. Though this could be an optical illusion of the paint job:

- Second pic doesn't show top and bottom fins on the tail. Though it may be a different helicopter, or else the left side is painted differently from right side.

I'll be on the lookout for airshow or casual photos that show similar effects with blue/white helicopters.