Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Remote Viewing - Discussions

Blog Entries
    I thought some of you might want to see how a remote viewing project is done from the viewers POV. These two projects was requested by Linda Moulton Howe and I think many of you will recognize what they are. The findings of the viewers were interesting and disturbing.

http://www.debrakatz.com/#!linda-mou...projects/c12f2
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    That would fall under psychometry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)) and technically speaking not be considered remote viewing. Though no doubt there will be people labeling it 'Remote Viewing' because it sounds better...
    So there you have it! "Psychometry", a dusty old term that reeks of "old time Spiritualism" and hokey stage magic. It's just one of a few such terms in that genre that I don't dare utter in forums like this one because of that.

But give it some shiny new cloths by revamping and updating its 'process' and changing the name of that term to some type of specialized Remote Viewing and just watch how this formerly mocked and negated phenomenon is embraced whole-heartedly by the same one's who had an aversion to it; including yours truly (but for me, it's for the term itself but not the phenomenon which I know on a first hand basis is a very real one).
    Last edited by A99; 05-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

"Psychometry" is also an old name for psychological testing. I have not heard it used in a long time. Psychometry was a a field within psychology that involved administering and scoring tests exclusively. They did not do therapy. Psychometry was performed by a "Psychometrist" who was a Masters level, usually State licensed, individual who typically worked for a school system, a hospital, or a large counseling center. Where the job still exists, it is now usually called "Licensed Psychologist" to differentiate from a "Clinical Psychologist" who is a Doctoral level person who performs a wide range of functions, including psychological testing.

That is probably more than you wanted to know but I thought it might be important in some way to people interested in remote viewing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    So there you have it! "Psychometry", a dusty old term that reeks of "old time Spiritualism" and hokey stage magic. It's just one of a few such terms in that genre that I don't dare utter in forums like this one because of that.

But give it some shiny new cloths by revamping and updating its 'process' and changing the name of that term to some type of specialized Remote Viewing and just watch how this formerly mocked and negated phenomenon is embraced whole-heartedly by the same one's who had an aversion to it; including yours truly (but for me, it's for the term itself but not the phenomenon which I know on a first hand basis is a very real one).
    Actually, I don't find the word "psychometry" outdated at all and I still use it. I've been interested in archaeology since I was 7 years old so psychometry was the psi ability I've always wanted to have. If you haven't seen it already, rent a movie called "Vibes" with Jeff Goldblum, Cindy Lauper and Peter Falk. There are some very funny uses for psychometry in there.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

A couple observations after reading through the threads posts.

RV is ESP.

RV = Remote Viewing
    ESP = Extra Sensory - Perception
    RP = Remote Perception/Presence
    OOBE = Out Of Body Experience

Technically , if ESP is considered extra sensory...then in an OOBE the person is not experiencing ESP as it would be their primary sense. Only in a body would it probably be considered ESP.

-------------------

Another comment of mine, Ingo Swanns remote coordinate system wouldn't work unless a person is acquainted (at some upper level of their consciousness) with a coordinate system based on numerical approximation.

Most psychics I have talked to seem to target nearby and remote objects by some sense of "approximation". Either they use a known reference point in spacetime such as a building or room [or their own body] where they have been to or marked with their personal field. Or they use non-physical traces and identifiers...such as a persons unique psychic signature to "approximate" a specific targets location. Be it a few inches or a few thousand miles.

With Ingo Swanns convention(s) used for targeting (a number system or a coordinate for example). A psychic would have to memorize what a geographical plot system generally "approximates" in a coherent sense.

They would then be able to pull up other types of identifiers and "approximate" the location to a target when resolved as a coordinate on a map or a globe.

Coordinate systems are just a mental invention.

-----------------------------

Two different spots in the Atlantic are pretty much the same without a series of unique identifiers. Psychic forms of "Ranging" (an ET technique) is one way to determine which direction and approximate distance to a target when you don't have a physical "line of sight" to a target or find enough identifiers at the location to determine what is unique about a destination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranging

"Ranging" 2 distant spots in the Atlantic is easier if you apply a logical methodology and the right techniques. Then that "determined approximation" can be converted to a mental-sense of a specific geography, a numeric-sense of a metric of distance, a specific coordinate system, or left as a non-ambiguous sense of approximate distance and direction.

-----------------------------

I have noted that people try RV techniques all the time over the years but they seemingly rarely give any thought to "why" (or even "how") they expect to turn one piece of information about a "target" into something coherent enough for them to actually track. Psychics seem to like blanking out their mind and hoping for the best...

I have often noticed ETs using the psychic "Ranging" techniques all the time (with many different methods applied) when they are "out of phase" (out of sync) with their craft. For example, they typically seem to psychically target the ~metals~ their crafts are made of within a specific (confined) search radius.

Different types of ET use different methods but they keep a sense of where it is in relation to themselves when they are out about on the ground and when (for whatever reason) readjust their phase settings while walking the ground.

---------------

It is from observing (and talking/pestering) them that I later figured out how to perform similar techniques or incorporate those techniques into my own former versions of psychic ESP.

Edit: It is just different forms of Psychometry. Though the way Psych-ometry is used could use a definition change or two.
    Last edited by Fore; 05-13-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

By now there are many different types of Remote Viewing, and each uses their own protocols.

Apart from the 'coordinate' RV that Ingo Swann did, there are, e.g., 'controlled' RV, 'scientific' RV, 'technical' RV, 'associative' RV, 'extended' RV, 'neurosensing', to name the most common ones.
    'coordinate' RV
    'controlled' RV
    'scientific' RV
    'technical' RV
    'associative' RV
    'extended' RV
    'neurosensing'

Could anyone provide a few back links to the various types? So far I am only aware of the first two.

That would fall under psychometry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychometry_(paranormal)) and technically speaking not be considered remote viewing. Though no doubt there will be people labeling it 'Remote Viewing' because it sounds better...
    That is kinda strange. In my mind I don't see the real difference.

Like in Wikipedia, the definition seems extremely convoluted. I consider Psychometry the act of sensing/locating something via ESP.

Why the wikipedia article somehow refers to psychometry as also including spirit contact is a mystery...

I mean you could (and do) use ESP features (well in most cases) to effectively communicate with some non-living entity. Perhaps even notice the presence of a non-physical object/individual. Beyond that though, the definition seems to be a tad too inclusive.

The spiritualist have really done a number on the words used? (Perhaps it is just a bad Wiki edit?)
    Last edited by Fore; 05-13-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post

Another comment of mine, Ingo Swanns remote coordinate system wouldn't work unless a person is acquainted (at some upper level of their consciousness) with a coordinate system based on numerical approximation.

Well it worked well enough for the CIA and though the plug was pulled to the general public it is now hidden among black projects. Have fun trying to pin RV down in Government use. The name has been changed at least a half a dozen times and if you do not know what you’re looking for you will led down so many blind alleys you will not know which way is up or down.

Warning: If you do know what you are looking for and create waves than you and/or your loved ones might be singled out or worst case scenario you might probably be terminated. They usually make it look like an accident or suicide.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Why the wikipedia article somehow refers to psychometry as also including spirit contact is a mystery...

Perhaps I can help.
    You see, the only difference between someone calling themselves a medium and another person calling himself a psychic is that the medium KNOWS who and what is giving the information to them be it the other person’s spirit guide or any other-dimensional being that’s connected to that other person. These communications from those in those other realms are facilitated by either the medium’s own spirit guide or their “higher self”. Edgar Cayce, for example, worked through his ’higher-self’ that was able to access non-physical entities to whatever kind of information he was seeking where he was always able to identify who those entities were. Other times he accessed information directly via the Akashic Records via OBE’s.

On the other hand though, the person who calls himself only a ‘psychic’ doesn’t know where the information is coming from because they are not able to sense and identify the source of their information. For them, all they ‘sense’ is a thought popping into their mind out of nowhere that they know is not their own. They may suspect that it is their higher-self that gives them that information but they are unable to trace the communication trail that leads to entities out there who are providing that information to his higher-self. This goes for any kind of psi abilities too that the 'psychic' has too, like psychokinesis, for example.

In the case of psychometry, objects, especially objects where the previous owner of it was emotionally attached to it in some way carry identifiers within them where one’s spirit guide or higher self is able to tap into that component of the object and trace it to those spirit guides of the former owner of it to get information about it. Or they can track down the previous owner’s higher self to get information too if that previous owner operates more that way than through a spirit guide.

In short, all information that we get of this nature is through communication with entities that dwell in those other realms. Some are able identify and communicate with those entities who facilitate in the information gathering process where others are completely oblivious of them where they are outside of the loop of that communication stream process. All they know is that they get the information but they don’t know where it’s coming from except that they may suspect it’s got something to do with their ‘higher-self’. But in the vast majority of those case's, it's their own spirit guide who is accessing that information for them but because they are not in communication with their spirit guide where they may not even be aware that they have one, they simply are clueless about how they are getting that information in the first place.

We live in a universe chock full of entities in other realms that are the providers of the information we receive. Some are aware of the source of any information they receive -- others are not. The one's who call themselves medium's KNOW where they get their information from but I hate that term as it too is an antiquated one. Probably calling ourselves "channel's" or "receivers" instead sound better.
    Last edited by A99; 05-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    'coordinate' RV
    'controlled' RV
    'scientific' RV
    'technical' RV
    'associative' RV
    'extended' RV
    'neurosensing'

Could anyone provide a few back links to the various types? So far I am only aware of the first two.
    Here are two of the ones you are asking about.

"Associative"
    Associative remote viewing is a protocol based on a revised tasking for a given RV project. It is used for binary targets (where there is a choice of two outcomes (plus ‘other’), and these types of targets are usually also a form of precognitive psi. The tasker "associates" three specific targets with the outcomes in question. When tasked, the Viewer's description will (it is hoped) match one of those targets clearly enough for the tasker to conclude an answer. For example, if the target is the rise or fall of the price of sugar on the commodities market tomorrow, the tasker may assign "Niagara Falls" to a "fall" answer, "the Eiffel Tower" to a "rise" answer, and "the grand canyon" to "other" (such as, stays the same, the stock market is closed that day, or any other potential).
    The viewer is tasked with, "Describe the target." If the Viewer's description can be correlated with one of the predefined associated targets, that is what the analyst or tasker would take as the psi-derived "answer." When the outcome is learned, the viewer is given the feedback of the target correlated with the actual outcome. They are not given feedback on the other options or on what they may have described, even if it is clearly one of the other selected targets.
    "Extended" remote viewing (ERV)
    One of the more common means of "getting in touch with a target" is similar to the Ganzfeld approach, but without the technology. In this instance, usually the psychic reclines or lies down comfortably in a dim or darkened room, and another individual (an 'interviewer' or 'monitor') asks them questions and records the data they verbally provide, or they use a tape recorder. Prior to finishing their session they generally attempt to sketch their impressions. This has probably been a method used by psychics throughout time. In the later years of the DIA intelligence unit that utilized remote viewing, once CRV (above) had become a standard methodology, the "natural psychic" way of going about things was coined the term ERV, mostly to separate it from CRV (and as such, it encompassed most anything CRV was not). Over time, as the viewers had been bred into the concept of ‘methods’, various methods were imposed upon this approach as well, until it was a slightly different creature.
    At this point, there is no legitimate claim by anybody to know ‘what ERV really is’, but there are a variety of people who have done something like this, at some time, some of them in the intell unit, some initially and some after CRV came along and caused the ERV-term to be coined-- and they are probably all doing something different-yet-similar. There are people who ‘teach’ ERV methods in the public now, based on what they think they know about the intell Unit’s use of ERV. It probably doesn’t matter. In the end, methods are just methods -- if you work within protocol and get accurate data, you’re doing alright.
    Courtney Brown's Farsight Institute teaches Scientific Remote viewing (SRV). Here is a link for free materials on it.http://www.farsight.org/srv/

Here is some info on Technical Remote Viewing http://www.technicalremoteviewing.com/

I can't find any good articles on neurosensing but the little bit I did see gives me the impression it is RV enhanced by technology.
    Last edited by newyorklily; 05-14-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Last three paragraphs.

Blog Entries
    Here is an interesting RV site. It has a membership the last time I looked at over 8000. I am sure somewhere in their forum they have debated terms on what they label it now. It is called Ten Thousand Roads or TKR for short it is the Remote Viewing and Dowsing Project.

http://www.dojopsi.info/forum/index.php
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’