Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The Government can't even tell the truth about unemployment numbers and tax receipt projections. Why on Earth would we take their word on anything else?
I guess your comment is directed to me since I posted a link to SOHO (NASA) website..?

Anyway, if you assume the gubbmint is lying about the "spaceships" that can be seen on SOHO's pictures, then you must assume that also amateur astrophotographers all over the world are lying and supressing the truth about the aliens driving around in our solar system. It's not only NASA who are looking at the Sun (and the other planets).

A fellow called Thierry Legault is one of them, this is not a NASA or US gubbmint man, he is not even American:

I am engineer and I live in the suburbs of Paris (close to Versailles), in a site that is very polluted by city lights. From my backyard, I can take images of the Sun, the Moon, planets and nebulas with narrow band filters. For deep sky imaging (galaxies, comets, nebulas...), I am obliged to go in the land, after loading my van. I began digital imaging (CCD) in 1994.

The asteroid number19458 has been officially named Legault at the International Astronomical Union.

I have written two books: The New Atlas of the Moon with Serge Brunier (Firefly) and Astrophotographie (Eyrolles).

I have written numerous articles and lectures about imaging in Europe and USA (Sky and Telescope, Ciel et Espace, Astronomie Magazine, Chasseur d'Images...).

My photographs, especially of space shuttle and space station, have been published in newspapers and magazines and have been shown on TV worldwide: The Times, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, CBS News, Discovery Channel, Science et Vie, le Monde, le Figaro, le Point, Ca m'Intéresse, TF1, France2, M6...

I have made several photo exhibitions and given many lectures during: NEAF (New-York) in 2008 and 2011, RCE (Paris) in 2006, 2008 and 2010, AIP workshops in 2008 and 2010, Festival de Photo de Nature de Montier-en-Der in 2008, Salon de la Photo (Paris) in 2007 and amateurs meetings in France, Germany, Netherlands, Bergium and Greece between 2004 and 2010.

Go here to see (among other things) his amazing pics of the ISS passing in front of the Sun:
http://www.astrophoto.fr/

Don't you think he and all the other amateur astrophotographers around the world, who are constantly looking out into space, would have noticed, photographed and not least mentioned it to the media, if there really were any spaceships hanging around near our Sun? And can you imagine how much money any of theses guys and girls would make if they could produce a real picture of an actual alien spaceship? Think about it.