Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul....it's possible

Blog Entries
    Spamming board after board with Ron Paul propaganda is an exercise in futility as far as I'm concerned. Your current hero is just another career politician selling his own peculiar brand of snake oil while at the same time denying that obvious truth. Your problem is that you're always in search of some messiah that will make everything OK. There is no such animal. Sorry. Humanity is drama- sound and fury signifying nothing, as one keen observer of the human condition once so aptly opined. Love it or hate it, it is so. Chill out and enjoy the play...and spare us the tedious slogans. Thanks.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Not my hero...just not an obvious ***** or clown

Blog Entries
    An obvious ********? Hahahahaa. OK I can buy that.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Blog Entries
    There's no doubt that Ron wiped the floor with those douchebags last night. But he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the nomination. That's just the way it is.

Let me append this to that..

Ron made a point last night that there are times when he's the lone dissenter on otherwise unanimous votes. That's a critical issue in itself because it tells us why he'll never be the nominee. That reason is that he has a keen mind and a clear and consistent focus on issues. He refuses to pander. POTUS is panderer in chief. That's how the game is played.
    Last edited by noot; 12-11-2011 at 04:46 PM.

I'm telling you it's possible...and you are being dishonest to you're own beliefs

Excerpt

http://www.thedailybell.com/3337/Sta...tate-Secession

[OFFSITE]Daily Bell: Thanks for sitting down with us again. Let's jump right in. Do you think Ron Paul has a real chance to win the GOP presidential nomination?

Thomas E. Woods, Jr.: It won't be easy, but it's less difficult to imagine a scenario in which he wins than it was even four or five months ago.

An outright win in Iowa, which is a strong possibility, gives him momentum going into New Hampshire. At least a strong second-place showing there silences the doubters who hesitate to support him because they think he can't win. Now those are on board.

The momentum builds further. Money pours in like crazy. It is not impossible.

I'll never forget, in 2008, reading articles about the GOP primary following John McCain's win in New Hampshire. Voters in states where the primary election had yet to be held were actually saying things like, "I don't like McCain but I guess I have to go vote for him." What? Why do you have to go vote for him?

There are other candidates still in the race! What possible reason could you have for voting for someone just because he won the New Hampshire primary?

It's bizarre behavior, and apparently there's no getting rid of it. Might as well hope it can be used in our favor this time.
    [/OFFSITE]

Blog Entries
    It is not impossible.
    Now there's some faith! hahahahah Tom Woods will probably back the Newt because he converted to Catholicism.

European Disunion Blog Makes Solid Case for Ron Paul

Support for Ron Paul turns up in interesting places, such as the UK-based European Disunion Blog.

Don't want endless foreign wars, but do want a strong military for defense? Vote Ron Paul. Do want bankers to be subjected to greater scrutiny and accountability? Vote Ron Paul. Don't want the government to tow the line of corporate interests? Vote Ron Paul. Do want to be allowed to say and think what you will - even do what you will - provided that it does not harm or infringe upon the rights of others? Vote Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who does not accept donations from big business - his campaign is funded entirely by individuals. Yet it forms policy from a conservative outlook: pragmatic, rather than idealistic, with any reforms carefully considered before implementation, with a strict doctrine of fiscal prudence to boot. In short, it is the perfect blend for individualistic yet reasoned and cash-strapped America.
    That is a rock-solid case in two short paragraphs.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock
    http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com

Well, surprise, surprise, surprise!!! Ron Paul seems to be getting more attention in his run for POTUS this time, than all of the other times when he has run for POTUS in the past!! How many time is it now??? And oh yes, this time he is very obviously running "nom de plume" (alias, or pen name). Ron has always been a very staunch and vocal "Libertarian Party" candidate in all of his prior runs for the position of POTUS, and now, this time, he decides to "change his party affiliation name"???? I wonder why that is????

Is he no longer the staunch Libertarian he once was??? Does he really embrace the ideals and values of a truly conservative member of the Republican party, since he is now running as a Republican???

Well, quite frankly, I don't feel that Ron Paul is any better candidate now, than he has been in the past. Sure, he presents "some" ideas relative to changes most of us like to hear, (as do most of the other candidates) but I would not trust him to become the POTUS we need to turn this country around, and to take it forward. Obama already has the country going off the cliff, and my concern is that Ron Paul would drive us toward the cliff on the opposite side. For me he is too "off-the-wall-ish", and, at best, he performs similar to a "lead-man, or first line supervisor, from a management standpoint. He demonstrates no real management capability, nor management record. Our POTUS is supposed to provide the management leadership of this nation, working with his/her Cabinet officials, working closely with the Congress, and performing the duties of "Commander in Chief" (CIC). I absolutely cannot envision Ron Paul being an effective leader in that position, nor can I see him as my CIC!

Can any of you really envision Ron Paul being an effective leader, at the very highest level of this country, and in this world????? It takes a lot more than words to be a strong and effective leader. Just try to envision Ron Paul as being that type of leader! I just cannot see him having the capability to be that type of leader.

Nope, Ron Paul is not my person for POTUS. But, in the November 2012 election vote, I will vote for whoever is in the running against Obama, that is for sure.