Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Emerging Surveillance State?

Quotes from article interview with author Byron Tau:

“Any nightmare use for data you can think of will probably eventually happen,” Tau said. “It might not happen immediately, but it’ll happen eventually.”
    Another example I give in the book is car tires. For example, did you know that your car tires actually broadcast a wireless signal to the central computer of your car, telling it what the tire pressure is? Well, that’s all well and good, and it’s there for perfectly legitimate safety reasons. But of course, governments have figured this out.
    Book link: Means of Control: How the Hidden Alliance of Tech and Government Is Creating a New American Surveillance State by Byron Tau.

Opinion:

Bluetooth signals are discussed in the interview... Depending on where a person is at, that data is being monitored and recorded. Bluetooth signals aren't simply grabbed by a someone's personal cellphone. Walk into a store using earbuds that are connected via Bluetooth signal, that signal could be picked-up by receivers in the store and that data sold.

How often have you experienced this or heard about something to this effect, "I talking with a friend over the phone about hamburgers, and next day I was getting ads on the internet about specials on hamburgers at a fast-food joint near me."

Think about a cellphone and car stereo system. Bluetooth is engaged for the car stereo, phone calls and music. Phone connects automatically to the stereo when the car is started. When you're not in the car and walking around, that Bluetooth signal from the phone is pinging for a connection. For example, privacy is engage for location date on the phone but that Bluetooth signal is on for the car stereo to auto connect. Walk into a major super market chain where it picks-up that Bluetooth signal and it becomes a "got-ya".

It's not simply Bluetooth connections, there are Wi-Fi signals that cellphones use for internet connections to save on cellular data usage.

Inside of a major store chain I am able to receive and make phone calls... But if I attempt to access the internet using my cellphone signal, it won't connect to the internet or speed is slowed. Almost as if the store or cellular phone company has something in place that attempts to force people to connect to the store's "free" Wi-Fi service.

We're told, "It's the walls of the stores that are causing the problem."

Is that really the problem? For future reference, next time that happens I'll start looking at signal strength for cellphone to towers. Yes, it's possible that type of construction and thickness of walls are causing weakened cellular signals. Signal is strong enough for texting and voice calls, but not for data transfer of internet.

In the near future, will a whistle blower report that a major store chain has a device that weakens the connection between cellphones and towers? Is that an attempt to force people to connect to the store's "free" Wi-Fi? Data can be scraped from a Wi-Fi connection.

Most corporations claim "We respect your data and right to privacy." Those pesky "terms and conditions" that takes a team of lawyers to understand.

In reality, there is no respect for privacy. We've reached the point where many people shrug it off as, there is nothing we can do about it.

in 2016, Andrew Yang raised the issue.

Personal date is repeatedly bought and sold. Not only are people consumers, they are now considered as a product to sell and profit from.

Based on the interview and book by Byron Tau, governments are buying that scraped date on people.

I often refer to various corporate entities as part of the Corporate State.

When it comes to Governments and Corporations: It's a case of "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."
    Last edited by CasperParks; 02-28-2024 at 03:13 PM.

Opinion: Evidence of the Corporate State spying on drivers.

CNBC Television interviews New York Times reporter Kashmir Hill.
    New York Times report finds automakers sharing consumer driving habits with insurance companies

ABC 7 Chicago
    What you need to know about driver data being shared with insurance companies

Quotes from article:

A federal court says your privacy is diminished due to the proliferation of video cameras throughout society.
    ?Mr. Hay had no reasonable expectation of privacy in a view of the front of his house,? said the U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in its decision on U.S. vs Hay. ?As video cameras proliferate throughout society, regrettably, the reasonable expectation of privacy from filming is diminished.?