Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 515

Thread: Emerging Surveillance State?

  1. #501
    Freedom of Speech Endangered:

    Huffington Post reports: Twitter Sues Trump Administration Over Alleged Attempt To Unmask Owner Of Anti-Trump Account:

    Twitter filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration Thursday over allegations that government officials had tried to force the social media company to reveal the identity behind an anonymous account critical of Trump and his immigration policies.

    The lawsuit alleges that U.S. Customs and Border Protection issued a summons to Twitter in March, demanding that it turn over records that would unmask the identity of the user or users behind the @ALT_uscis, or “ALT Immigration,” account ― an anonymous account that is purportedly run by federal immigration authorities. The account is one of more than a dozen “rogue” federal agency accounts that appeared in the wake of Donald Trump’s January inauguration and posts criticisms of the president’s positions on science, climate change and other issues.
    Click here for full news article.

    I am not a fan of Huffington Post... However, I suspect the article to truthful.

  2. #502
    Good for Twitter. Great article!
    In a change of subject... Woke up this morning and read about those US strikes in Syria. This administration made the right call on that one and, moreso than ever, I'm proud to be an American.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

  3. #503
    Good news!

    The US government has withdrawn its request ordering Twitter to identify a Trump critic


    The legal battle between Twitter and the U.S. government ended Friday as the Department of Homeland Security withdrew its demand that the tech company release information to identify an account holder whose tweets have been critical of President Trump.


    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Good news!

    The US government has withdrawn its request ordering Twitter to identify a Trump critic


    The legal battle between Twitter and the U.S. government ended Friday as the Department of Homeland Security withdrew its demand that the tech company release information to identify an account holder whose tweets have been critical of President Trump.
    That is good news, however it does not take away from the fact there was an attempt by government to stifle freedom of speech.

    I am of the opinion that the government will try it again - maybe with another social media provider or website.

  5. #505
    Please, I ask that no one take this posting as political. It is not... This about Conspiracy. This about a Surveillance State. This putting forth "evidence" of what is taking place.

    January 2017 an Executive Order was signed which included "Biometrics".
    Below is a copy from part of the Order.

    Executive Order – Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals
    EXECUTIVE ORDER
    Sec 8: Expedited Completions of the Biometric Entry-Ex Tracking System. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall expedite the completions and implementation of a biometric entry-exit system for all travelers to the Unites States, as recommended by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.
    Video from campaign trail 2016.
    Notice the "On Land, Sea and Air Tracking System" this is promised.


    The only type of Biometric Tracking System that comes to mind is an Implanted Biochip, Electronic Tattoo or something we haven't seen yet. A Biometric Tracking System was called-for shortly after 911 in the United States. It has been bogged-down, meant with resistance and so-on. The recent Executive Order is to "expedite the program".

    Is the Biometric only eyes and finger prints coded into a chip on Entry-Exit Visa / Passports?

    "Track by Land, Sea and Air" raises the specter of Biochip, Electronic Tattoo or something we haven't seen yet. Notice that "fear mongering" is used as a means to justify Biometric Tracking: Immigration and Terrorists...

    ***It is unclear what the US Government is aiming at for Biometrics for people traveling into the United States... Hence, whatever is taking place is something to watch closely.

    Please, please, please "do not take politics into this posting". There is not a conservative or liberal issue, it one of basic human rights and individuality. The video was posted simply as "evidence" of what is taking place within the US government. It is likely, a push for Biometric Tracking is taking place in other nations as well.

  6. #506

  7. #507
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,167
    Blog Entries
    19
    The last renewal of my US PassPort included an RFID chip embedded in the paper (no op-out option).
    So the technology exists, and is being used.
    I prefer the ability to leave it at home, under the skin sounds very intrusive.

    Dr Oz may be a popular entertainment host, but I certainly hope people realize he is no Civil Rights expert.
    While it is nice he is bringing the issue to public light (even if his Pro-chip opinion is opposite mine).
    Let's hope people realize Dr Oz has a self-interest in generating ratings.
    Apparently Dr Oz is NOT concerned/interested in protecting the public from government intrusion.

    Have to wonder what happens when criminals crack the RFID code, and start identity theft?
    IMHO, Nightmare waiting to happen if RFID implants become common.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  8. #508
    Senior Member atmjjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lost in Time
    Posts
    821
    Blog Entries
    11
    For many of you who are unaware; and if you carry a cell phone in one of your pockets the marketers are now using common location tracking which was only used at one time by the Gov.

    If you have a lot of apps most likely you are being tracked by ultrasonic background noise which is out of normal hearing range but picked up by your cells mic.

    The usual giveaway is if any of your cells apps have access to your cells microphone by default.

    What else can these apps do? They can listen to your conversations. No longer does anyone need to plant a bug (mic) to spy on you. Most of us carry one around with us by default.

    http://www.zdnet.com/article/hundred...our-ad-habits/
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

  9. #509
    Lead Moderator calikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    7,167
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    For many of you who are unaware; and if you carry a cell phone in one of your pockets the marketers are now using common location tracking which was only used at one time by the Gov.

    If you have a lot of apps most likely you are being tracked by ultrasonic background noise which is out of normal hearing range but picked up by your cells mic.

    The usual giveaway is if any of your cells apps have access to your cells microphone by default.

    What else can these apps do? They can listen to your conversations. No longer does anyone need to plant a bug (mic) to spy on you. Most of us carry one around with us by default.

    http://www.zdnet.com/article/hundred...our-ad-habits/
    Didn't Edward Snowden insist his visitors place their cell phones inside a refrigerator when they came to visit him in Hong Kong?
    Probably the very reason why.

    I also find it mildly disturbing that the last few smartphones I have purchased do NOT allow the battery to be removed.
    Phone also cuts out at critical minimal battery levels. Probably just enough to continue GPS tracking, and possibly a few stealth apps.

    If some poor jerk is listening in on my mic, I lead such a mundane boring life that such activity should be considered a waste of "their" resources.
    Serves him/them right for invading my privacy. Ha!
    Get a warrant and chase some REAL criminals.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

  10. #510
    Senior Member atmjjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lost in Time
    Posts
    821
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Didn't Edward Snowden insist his visitors place their cell phones inside a refrigerator when they came to visit him in Hong Kong?
    Probably the very reason why.

    I also find it mildly disturbing that the last few smartphones I have purchased do NOT allow the battery to be removed.
    Phone also cuts out at critical minimal battery levels. Probably just enough to continue GPS tracking, and possibly a few stealth apps.

    If some poor jerk is listening in on my mic, I lead such a mundane boring life that such activity should be considered a waste of "their" resources.
    Serves him/them right for invading my privacy. Ha!
    Get a warrant and chase some REAL criminals.
    I think Eddie used his microwave oven to shield visitor’s phones when they were present.

    When you carry a cell phone or even use a desk top for that matter most of the sophisticated spy networks can pin point your location within 25 feet of where you are standing or using a gadget. It is extremely hard to hide yourself no matter what type of software you are using.

    What Ed Snowden recommends if you do a lot of SMS chatting or other use of a cell phone is to use ‘signal’ type software. One particular good app that is recommended would be ‘Signal Private Messenger’ for the android, possibly Iphone too not sure, you can find it at ‘Google Play’. You need to use it as Default to hide your chat from messenger. Nothing perfect but if you use it read the installation directions and how to use it. Your notifications would come thru by Signal instead of Messenger.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •