Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerging Surveillance State?

Blog Entries
    What if one day these spy computers become sentient…without soul…or maybe its natural evolution replacing humankind with computers as the next phase as the dominant being on the planet.

Visions of the Terminator
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Behavioral Targeting

Surfing ABC News website, one of those paid news link ads caught my attention. In the process of opening additional webpage "paid.outbrain" flashed across the URL quick. Did research on it and found this.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Outbrain is a content recommendation service whose widget offers to help internet publishers increase web traffic at their websites. It does so by presenting them with links to articles and other content.

The company was founded by Yaron Galai, who had sold his company Quigo to AOL in 2007 for $363m, and Ori Lahav, who had previously been with Shopping.com before their purchase by eBay.

Outbrain uses behavioral targeting to recommend interesting articles, blog posts, photos or videos to a reader, rather than relying on a more basic 'related items' widget.

Outbrain uses the cost-per-click charging model. The service is free to install onto websites, but only offers revenue sharing to content creators with greater than 10 million US page views per month.

Internet content publishers whose websites have used or are using Outbrain include USA Today, Boston Globe, Washington Post, Daily Beast, New York Observer, Slate, The Street, Elle, Hollywood Reporter, CNN, Fox News, Hachette Filipacchi Media, Mashable, MSNBC and the Guardian.

Click here to read more at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    With corporations and governments monitoring and spying on everyone, it is not shocking that cultures and societies are suffering PTSD.

Blog Entries
    Was his photo/image not added into the facial recognition system, and or that it was originally an old school film photo before being transferred to digital?
    The pic I have is a sketched portrait as an adult, clear facial pic. Looks like even Jimi has multiple fb accounts. I don't think fb has facial recognition software, it's just a vacuum for obtaining information from people, profiling them.

I just found out that I need a college id card that I have to load 'credits' (money) onto in order to use computers and print out friggin paper!

What if one day these spy computers become sentient…without soul…or maybe its natural evolution replacing humankind with computers as the next phase as the dominant being on the planet.
    Sometimes I wonder if A.I. hasn't already taken over some worlds, taken over certain alien races and is using them as pawns to capture more worlds. Next on the list: Earth?

Looks like everything is going virtual where things are easily monitored and controlled. I got this email from my new ISP:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing Bell and signing up for e-bill.

To complete your registration for e-bill, please select a password.

Please note that if you do not complete your registration we will send you paper bills and a $2/month paper bill fee will apply.

Thank you,

Bell Customer Service"

What the hell is with that, 2 dollars for a real paper bill? Is this going to be a new trend for all companies? What about the ascetic spiritual people who don't buy computers, now they have to pay more money, or buy or find a computer to use after they register and sign contracts with the banksters. It's crazy, you have to pay a bill in order to pay a bill now. Where's this leading? In the future we'll probably have to do eyescans to log in, then scan our microchipped bracelets or implant to enter our own custom-tailored virtual-reality space we can access anywhere once the digital world takes over the physical. Hopefully they don't put too many subliminal brainwashing signals and waves in there.

Quote Originally Posted by lycaeus View Post
    "Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing Bell and signing up for e-bill.

To complete your registration for e-bill, please select a password.

Please note that if you do not complete your registration we will send you paper bills and a $2/month paper bill fee will apply.

Thank you,

Bell Customer Service"

What the hell is with that, 2 dollars for a real paper bill? Is this going to be a new trend for all companies? What about the ascetic spiritual people who don't buy computers, now they have to pay more money, or buy or find a computer to use after they register and sign contracts with the banksters. It's crazy, you have to pay a bill in order to pay a bill now. Where's this leading? In the future we'll probably have to do eyescans to log in, then scan our microchipped bracelets or implant to enter our own custom-tailored virtual-reality space we can access anywhere once the digital world takes over the physical. Hopefully they don't put too many subliminal brainwashing signals and waves in there.
    Paper billing has been like that at many major companies for at least five years.

One paging company charges a $5.00 fee just to talk with customer service. They want customers to trouble shoot online via their website prior to calling. If it turns out you could have viewed a bill online, or did trouble shooting online, they hit their customers with a $5.00 fee for talking to customer service.

Blog Entries
    Paper billing has been like that at many major companies for at least five years.
    Huh, didn't know that. Been on my own for 5 years paying bills and it's the first time I've seen something like that. It would save a lot of paper, money and the business can call itself 'eco-friendly'. Still makes me wonder if the trend towards software versus hardware/paper is innocent and natural or if it is part of an agenda, similar to the change from cash to credit.

Quote Originally Posted by lycaeus View Post
    Huh, didn't know that. Been on my own for 5 years paying bills and it's the first time I've seen something like that. It would save a lot of paper, money and the business can call itself 'eco-friendly'. Still makes me wonder if the trend towards software versus hardware/paper is innocent and natural or if it is part of an agenda, similar to the change from cash to credit.
    It is another step toward a cashless society.

Maybe we should have turned some of those trees in Colorado into paper, would have created jobs, save houses, and lives. I find $2.00 to document a business transaction(s) just a plain old money grab!

More symptoms of a decaying economy. Companies pinching the dollar every little way they can, by pinching the consumer/employees in pathetic ways. Ultimately I think it traces back to the government, military, speculator, and banking elite who have sucked trillions upon trillions of wealth from the mainstream economy. Then they use funny statistics, tricks, and borrowing / devaluation to maintain the illusion that everything's okay. Corporations right down to Breyers making their ice cream containers smaller is helping with that.

Instead of increasing the sticker price of products, which would then show inflation to be what it actually is, they shave off some ounces from their products, water down the beer, use thinner plastic, shift from manufacturing in Korea to China or Cambodia (bad enough they went from USA to Korea or Mexico to begin with), and so on. Then if you buy two ice creams to get what used to come in one, economic figures show greater purchases and hey look the economy is growing. Get rid of one high paying job, create two part time jobs without benefits, and hey look we just doubled the number of people employed. It's baloney, and it's going to come crashing down sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by montalk View Post
    More symptoms of a decaying economy. Companies pinching the dollar every little way they can, by pinching the consumer/employees in pathetic ways. Ultimately I think it traces back to the government, military, speculator, and banking elite who have sucked trillions upon trillions of wealth from the mainstream economy. Then they use funny statistics, tricks, and borrowing / devaluation to maintain the illusion that everything's okay. Corporations right down to Breyers making their ice cream containers smaller is helping with that.

Instead of increasing the sticker price of products, which would then show inflation to be what it actually is, they shave off some ounces from their products, water down the beer, use thinner plastic, shift from manufacturing in Korea to China or Cambodia (bad enough they went from USA to Korea or Mexico to begin with), and so on. Then if you buy two ice creams to get what used to come in one, economic figures show greater purchases and hey look the economy is growing. Get rid of one high paying job, create two part time jobs without benefits, and hey look we just doubled the number of people employed. It's baloney, and it's going to come crashing down sooner or later.
    Economy has been on life support for a couple decades or more.

It seems that every day more information comes out that indicates the extent of the intrusion is deeper than thought and way beyond what was/is needed and promised. Very disturbing. It justifies every paranoid thought I ever had about personal security in the digital age and some things I had not even imagined!