Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerging Surveillance State?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    We already have been for quite a while, I do not feel hindered in the least.
    I find it sad you feel we already live in a police state. IMO we are not there yet & vigilance by the public can prevent a slide down the slippery slope that leads to tyranny and oppression.

Books like 1984 & Atlas Shrugged give us a glimpse of how bad it can get.... IF we bury our heads in the sand & ignore injustice.

Love this country and do NOT want to see abuses of power erode the freedoms we enjoy.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    sometimes the right hand has to view what the left hand is doing.

It is not just the Government you need to watch for.

We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    sometimes the right hand has to view what the left hand is doing.

It is not just the Government you need to watch for.

So true...

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I find it sad you feel we already live in a police state. IMO we are not there yet & vigilance by the public can prevent a slide down the slippery slope that leads to tyranny and oppression ...
    So you see no tyranny or oppression ?

I put it to you that in the West we do have both, but they are subtle.

Try taking your child out of mainstream education, then you will come up against tyranny and oppression.

Don't trust the triple-jab MMR vaccine ? Sorry, your child will have to have it because of tyrrany and oppression.

Want to peacefully demonstrate in Parliament Square to show the UK government how displeased you are with their policies ? Sorry, you can't have a demonstration on the ground that your taxes paid for and your grandparents died to protect, because of tyranny and oppression.

I could go on ...

So the US, the UK or whatever Western country you care to mention, we aren't Nigeria or Burma where the oppression is highly visible, we are the perfect oppressees, because some of us don't even know that we are oppressed.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean there isn't a blade at your throat.

DC.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCut View Post

Try taking your child out of mainstream education, then you will come up against tyranny and oppression.

Don't trust the triple-jab MMR vaccine ? Sorry, your child will have to have it because of tyrrany and oppression.

Want to peacefully demonstrate in Parliament Square to show the UK government how displeased you are with their policies ? Sorry, you can't have a demonstration on the ground that your taxes paid for and your grandparents died to protect, because of tyranny and oppression.

I could go on ...

So the US, the UK or whatever Western country you care to mention, we aren't Nigeria or Burma where the oppression is highly visible, we are the perfect oppressees, because some of us don't even know that we are oppressed.

DC.
    Well said. I would add that I believe that we must resist this ever-tightening collar, openly or stealthily, whichever suits us individually.

In essence, truthtellers RT have reported that the US has ignored Ecuador's calls to extradite fat-cat bankster-gangsters the Isaias brothers from cushy life in Coral Gables, Florida after they crashed the Ecuadoran economy in the 1990s; Russia was pleased to secretly assist Snowden because he was the one that revealed the US and the UK had secretly eavesdropped on former Russian prime minister Medvedev while in London for the G-8 in 2009.

also:

Ecuador Renounces Special Trade Agreement With US Ahead Of Its Asylum Decision For NSA Leaker Edward Snowden...

http://www.ibtimes.com/ecuador-renou...dward-snowden#

realenemysplash.jpg

So look at the "News", all the economic crashes, military, Emerging Surveillance State, Drones, Weather Modification, and on and on...

So, is this the beginning of the John Titor´s Civil War 2 CW2 (Corporate Govt VRS The People).

http://www.johntitor.com/Pages/CivilWar.html

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    realenemysplash.jpg

So, is this the beginning of the John Titor´s Civil War 2 CW2 (Corporate Govt VRS The People).

Just sayin'
    I hope not. I sincerely hope that the Titor is a hoax.

DC.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCut View Post

I could go on ...

DC.
    Sorry for the crazy photo, but I saw it on another site and thought it was a "funny" way to highlight what you said.

I think it has become clear that no particular system of government is ultimately superior to another in an ultimate sense. I think that notion is already proven to be a farce. I think the problem is (to me at least) that the worlds troubles are often derived from human nature and these creeping situations are a result of human nature.

If we look at the Nazi's and the whole previous generations of the Russian Federation behind the Iron Curtain, it is clear that the problem is a subtle mentality.

The USA today is doing (and has been doing) many of the same situations that often were said to be done only by despots in some foreign nation under some foreign system.

The subtle mentality creeps in after a while the wrong people creep forward with a particular mindset...that when they one day wake up to it and realize, that they themselves have become everything they once so despised. It is easy to point to the things we hate. But hard to look at where the seeds come from.

The current US is clearly doing many of the same things that Russia did. Those under that creeping illusion....of that mentality....like their predecessors don't fully realize what they are doing. Or they do realize it and find it convenient based on whatever they appear to believe is justifiable.

------------------------

There is a saying that to recreate the world, you only need one human being. Because like a Prism we contain inside us all the various aspects and natures of every culture, creed and self conditioning. Given enough time and generations, the same old developments will keep recurring.

The "perceived enemy" is not out there, it is in everyones inner most thoughts, reasoning and ultimately in our blood.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

This is weird . . . nearly a year ago!

Published on Aug 14, 2012
    In Episode 8 HBO's The Newsroom deals with a whistle blower at the NSA,. A truly prolific reason why.