Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitations

Visitations

I thought I'd jot down a few that have happened to me in my adult life. Most of mine have been family, a couple friends.

To begin, my father has been my most frequent visitor. After his passing my mom and I were all the family that was left. She was diagnosed with dementia 1 yr after his death. So I watched her quite closely and eventually she needed 24 hr care and she wanted to go into assisted living to remain "independent". Everytime she was about to get seriously ill needing hospitalization, my father would show up. Once I saw him out on the property walking up from the stock tank. He looked about 45, healthy and strong and he was walking toward the house with purpose as they say.
    Two weeks later mom had a stroke and was hospitalized and needed 90 days of physical therapy to get back to her little apartment. The second time he showed up at the side of my bed. Once he had my attention, he faded away, but I knew he was warming me. She had a second stroke.
    The third time she became seriously ill, he did not come to me. She was quite ill and required surgery. She had a stroke on the table, ICU, then hospice. I knew she would not go home when he did not come to me. I believe in my heart he intended to come for her. She died on the full moon, 1 day after her mothers birthday. Curiously, my dad died 1 day after the anniversary of my sisters death. Family was everything to my dad and he never liked the family being separated. I think he stays around me because he doesn't want me to be apart from him or the family. I am the last of the line and have no other living family at all.

Before my dad's passing (6 months) my late sister showed up in my bedroom and scared the dickens out of me in the middle of the night. She put her hand on my hip and I felt the pressure. She also put one hand on the bed and the mattress dipped. I worked up the courage to turn my head and look as I thought it was an intruder, and it was her. She bent over and gently blew in to my face. My hair moved. It was no dream I am sure of it. Then she just faded. I read later that in India this is considered the "breath of hope". Dad died in my arms. After that I understood, she was giving me the gift of hope - hope that life does not end when we end. I get it.

My father's brother appeared to me the night he died. He stood at the foot of the bed with an incredible landscape behind him and a distant city. He told me to hold my arm out and I did, an amethyst bracelet appeared with a purple heart on it. He smiled and said, "You earned it kid" meaning the purple heart. He and my sister have never returned, but I know my dad is around. I've never seen my mom.

I have heard other stories from relatives now gone, that had extraordinary visits connected to family tragedies, so perhaps this runs in the family. I don't know. I had a college friend commit suicide. His father was a prominent doctor and they tried to keep it quiet and out of the news. They could not find Bill's body for 6 months, but in April I was sitting in my bedroom watching Upstairs ,Downstairs on PBS. The picture kept fading out and Bill's face would appear and he was laughing his fanny off. This happened about 3 times in short succession. I finally got up and called his sister. She panicked and asked me if I had heard anything on TV or the radio. I assured her I hadn't and she told me they had found a skull and a few bones out near a lake where he liked to go. Bill had a contentious relationship with his dad and did not want to be a dr. This was his revenge on his dad for pushing him to the edge. A week later when they buried the bones when I went to bed and the house got quiet, Bill came back. He was standing at the foot of my bed laughing this big belly laugh. He never said anything, just laughed and sent me a thought of love and goodbye. He has never come back. I just hope he is at peace.

Anyway, lot's of this stuff in my family and with me. Thought I'd start a thread on visitations. I'll add more as I recall them. But wanted to get started. How about you ? Any visits ?

Thanks for starting this thread, Southerncross. Great idea.

On several occasions I have felt presences, where I had the distinct impression that they were people who had passed on. And with many of those I had the impression that they wanted to communicate, but more often than not, my mind would just interfere...

On rare occasions, I 'have seen dead people' (borrowing the expression Whitley Strieber uses). One of them was my wife's grandmother, whom I had never met, and didn't even know what she looked like. After this visitation, I was shown a picture of her, and I recognized her.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

My father was a WWII vet who got lead posion from pulling pilots out of crashed airplanes. Many times while trying to rescue the pilots he would be standing ankle deep in fuel. Slowly this affected his mental state and led to him commiting suicide in 1957. I was 5 years old at the time. I grew up angry and confused, not understading why he chose to leave me the way he did. I would see other kids interact with their Dads and this hurt me deeply. It caused a rift between me and my siblings, you see I was the youngest of five kids. My brothers and sisters all had their fond memories of Dad and all I had was guilt and anger. Anger that he chose not to be my Father and guilt in thinking I was the reason he died. You can't imagine the weight this placed upon me growing up.

I have Degenerative Disk Disease and shortly after I turned 50, I had to have fusion surgery on my neck and back. During this time I was heavily medicated due to severe pain. Sleep did not come easy and many nights were spent tossing and turning. It was during one of these many restless nights as I rolled over on my side, that I spotted a dark figure standing near the bedroom door. At first I was startled and then leaned up on my elbow to get a better look. The figure stepped out of the shadow and I saw a face I had not seen for 45 years. It was my Dad and his appearance was just as I last remembered him. He first apologized for scaring me and then approached and sat on the side of my bed. At first I was speechless and just stared at him, but he soon put me to ease and we began to talk. I angrily confronted him on the pain he had caused me and he sincerely apologized. My Father and I talked and cried for hours, he explained why he had to leave and that it had nothing to do with me. When it was time for him to go, we embraced as only a father and son can. Somehow I knew that I would never see him again in this lifetime. But since that night I have been at peace with my Father and his death.

People that I have told this story to have dismissed it as the drugs I was taking at the time or it was just a dream. What no one can explain is the sudden change in me afterwards. The anger that dwelled inside me and occasionally lashed out at others is gone. The experience left me with a inner peace that I never knew before. It also has left me with the ability to sense, see or hear things that others do not. This has lead me to a spirtual awakening and re-connecting with my ancestral Native American bloodline. But that is another story for another time!
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Redbone I certainly sympathize with the Degenerative Disk Disease. My husband has suffered from it and had 2 major surgeries, the 2nd a fusion which almost took his life. The suffering is accute,and I am sorry you have had to endure it.

The experience you wrote of is very healing and so much so many would say who cares if it is real or not, but I think quite possible this is very real (just speaking as an outsider). I'd like to ask that when the two of you embraced was it like reality ? What did your senses tell you? Did he speak of what it was like to be where he is?

Thank you for sharing - I know, to my own satisfaction, that life continues after death. This can be proved to oneself by astral projection - until you have experienced it, it is all speculation (unless you have had the pleasure of a visit from someone from the other side)

Someone I loved in my earlier years took his own life not long ago; we were not in contact over the years, living on different continents & in several different countries), but I followed his career from a distance. Before I learned of his death, I had had several astral encounters with him, as well as intense dreams. His name also kept cropping up in synchronistic ways, to such an extent that I began to look for him to try to meet up again ( in the "normal" world) That is when I learned he had passed on, plus all the horrible details.

Since then we have had many astral encounters, & he has explained the reasons for his leaving.

I am convinced that with suicide, particularly, it is very important to try to maintain contact between the "deceased" & the "still living", as it is not a form of death that is easy to come to terms with, for either party (!) & there is still so much stigma attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Redbone I certainly sympathize with the Degenerative Disk Disease. My husband has suffered from it and had 2 major surgeries, the 2nd a fusion which almost took his life. The suffering is accute,and I am sorry you have had to endure it.

The experience you wrote of is very healing and so much so many would say who cares if it is real or not, but I think quite possible this is very real (just speaking as an outsider). I'd like to ask that when the two of you embraced was it like reality ? What did your senses tell you? Did he speak of what it was like to be where he is?
    I am sorry for your husbands condition and I know exactly what he is going through. Myself I have had four surgeries, two major and suffer today with chronic back pain. My best to you and your husband.

In the matter of the embrace.....To this day I remember every single detail of the meeting with my Dad, I could touch him and I could smell him. What I mean by smell is my Father loved his pipe and only smoked a particular brand of tobacco. When he sat down beside me, I felt his weight move the mattress. He gently reached and took my right hand and squeezed it. His hands were huge and collased, but warm and gentle. The aroma of his favorite tobacco started to fill my nostrils and I took a large inhale. The sight of his face, the touch of his hand and the familiar smokey smell is what put me at ease. I instantly recognized his voice as he spoke and for awhile it was as if I was young again and looking through the eyes of a five year old. It was a very emotional meeting and much of what was said is very personal. What I can tell you is that he assured me he was in a good place, that we will see each other again when my circle is complete. I know that once we hugged, I held on for dear life because I knew I would not see him again in this life. But for that moment, he was as real as you and I.

Quote Originally Posted by kleemkrishnaya View Post
    Thank you for sharing - I know, to my own satisfaction, that life continues after death. This can be proved to oneself by astral projection - until you have experienced it, it is all speculation (unless you have had the pleasure of a visit from someone from the other side)

Someone I loved in my earlier years took his own life not long ago; we were not in contact over the years, living on different continents & in several different countries), but I followed his career from a distance. Before I learned of his death, I had had several astral encounters with him, as well as intense dreams. His name also kept cropping up in synchronistic ways, to such an extent that I began to look for him to try to meet up again ( in the "normal" world) That is when I learned he had passed on, plus all the horrible details.

Since then we have had many astral encounters, & he has explained the reasons for his leaving.

I am convinced that with suicide, particularly, it is very important to try to maintain contact between the "deceased" & the "still living", as it is not a form of death that is easy to come to terms with, for either party (!) & there is still so much stigma attached to it.

For me living with the stigma of a family suicide caused me to withdraw and not participate in many activites with my friends. I tried the Boy Scouts but quit because of the Father/Son campouts. My older brother would go with me but it just wasn't the same. That is just one example of many instances where I felt cheated of my childhood. I turned to religion as a crutch to help me cope with the anger and guilt. But when I learned that anyone who commits suicide cannot enter Heaven but goes directly to Hell, I was devastated. As angry as I was with my Father, I could not accept his eternal fate. It made no sense to me. It wasn't until the night of his visitation that I was assured he was ok.

I envy you your visit from your dad. I'd give anything to be given the time to see and speak with him again. I am always amazed at how those who have had visits such as yours always say their loved one states they "are in a good place". That answer makes me want to ask more questions! What it look like, feel like. What do they do? All those childlike questions that we carry all our lives.
    But what a gift to have to carry you for the rest of your life and you know you will see him again. It is THE great mystery I think.

You and Randy have both suffered a great deal and deserve healing and release from all this pain. I have never witnessed anything like it. He has one more procedure on Dec. 16th when they remove the pins and plates in his spine and we are done. Recovery is about 4 days thankfully so Christmas should be normal.
    I hope you have your issues under control. Back pain is singularly one of the worst we can cope with. MY best to you on that and I am "pee green" over your beautiful visit.

Lol... looks like you already started up this topic... will read over it!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Hi Southerncross! Read over your visitation experiences and you sound like you're a lot more psychic or clairvoyant than I am. I have never seen a close loved one appear to me as an apparition... I've gotten other kinds of stuff though but not in the way that you have. Thanks for sharing! You definitely have gift and I'm sure you will have much more to share as time goes on!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi