Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visitations

I never think of myself that way as Randy has always had so many more experiences than me. I do envy Redbone his visit from his father as I can't imagine how extraordinary that was to experience that, but also be given the opportunity to share so much with a new perspective having lived the loss of that person, then being able to talk to them with a new perspective. An amazing experience.
    I hope one day to see them again on this side, but it's been at least since Dec. 2003, so I don't know. Perhaps I am in a good place and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I envy you your visit from your dad. I'd give anything to be given the time to see and speak with him again. I am always amazed at how those who have had visits such as yours always say their loved one states they "are in a good place". That answer makes me want to ask more questions! What it look like, feel like. What do they do? All those childlike questions that we carry all our lives.
    But what a gift to have to carry you for the rest of your life and you know you will see him again. It is THE great mystery I think.

You and Randy have both suffered a great deal and deserve healing and release from all this pain. I have never witnessed anything like it. He has one more procedure on Dec. 16th when they remove the pins and plates in his spine and we are done. Recovery is about 4 days thankfully so Christmas should be normal.
    I hope you have your issues under control. Back pain is singularly one of the worst we can cope with. MY best to you on that and I am "pee green" over your beautiful visit.
    All my best to Randy and hope that all goes well with his procedure.

Although I state that I remember every single detail of the visitation, I have to admit that is not completely the case. It is hard to explain but one would think that such questions as....What is it like on the other side?.....would be the first you would ask in such an experience. I remember we talked about the pain his actions had caused me and our family. We talked about my growing up fatherless and the unfairness of such a selfish act. The best that I can tell, we did talk about the otherside but I cannot recall what I was told. It's kind of like being hypnotized and at the end of the session, you are told you will not remember anything that was discussed. Except in this case I have selective memory.

All I really know is that I came away from the experience at peace with myself and my Father. I no longer fear the unknown or what waits for us on the other side. I wish I could give you more info but that is all I know.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

That's great Redbone and I'm so happy for you! I too feel blessed that I have been given the opportunity to know with absolute certainty that our loved ones are still with us and that there is no such thing as death.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    That's great Redbone and I'm so happy for you! I too feel blessed that I have been given the opportunity to know with absolute certainty that our loved ones are still with us and that there is no such thing as death.
    I was raised in a Christian home and was always told that I would have to answer to the Man upstairs when I died. It did not set well with me when I learned that commiting suicide was a one-way ticket to Hell for eternity. As angry as I was with my Dad for what he did, I would never condem him or anyone else to such a fate. So, God and I were at odds for sometime over this matter. The visitation calmed my fears for the first time in my life. Once I knew that my Dad was in a good place and not being punished, I was able to look beyond the confines of popular Christian belief and see the larger picture. Having gone through what I went through is much like having a near death experience. You come away knowing beyond a doubt, that there is more to come and this life is only a side trip.
    American by birth, Cherokee by blood and Southern by the Grace of God!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I was raised in a Christian home and was always told that I would have to answer to the Man upstairs when I died. It did not set well with me when I learned that commiting suicide was a one-way ticket to Hell for eternity. As angry as I was with my Dad for what he did, I would never condem him or anyone else to such a fate. So, God and I were at odds for sometime over this matter. The visitation calmed my fears for the first time in my life. Once I knew that my Dad was in a good place and not being punished, I was able to look beyond the confines of popular Christian belief and see the larger picture. Having gone through what I went through is much like having a near death experience. You come away knowing beyond a doubt, that there is more to come and this life is only a side trip.
    As we don't have a "like" button (yet), let me put it this way:
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin