Thread: Moon Base Image 2013

Blog Entries

Moon Base Image 2013

This picture in the video is supposedly from the Apollo NASA archives. The object is speculated as a Moon Base of some sort on the Dark Side of the moon.

It was uploaded to YouTube July 7, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...QQN4SKsY#at=41
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

The video was fuzzy, difficult to say for certain.

Recall hearing about a base on the Darkside of the Moon in the mid 1970s.

This is a film developing defect. Note that there is NO shadow to the "object" in the image. Were it a real "object" there would have to be shadows, as is illustrated by all the other real objects in the frame.

Blog Entries
    There does seem to be some shadow effect but it is hard to tell if it is magnification illusion.

What I was expecting to encounter was some pixel distortion due to the magnification but surprising there was not that much.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Use Google to find the original data for this image in TIFF and it quite clear that this is a film processing defect. It is not a real object.

http://archive.org/details/AS11-41-6155

The item of interest when the image is rotated to a normal horizon, is on a 9:30 radial from the center not quite half way to the edge of the frame, it is fairly small so one need to zoom the image in order to see it well.
    Last edited by majicbar; 07-15-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yep, thanks majic, seems to be too saturated to be natural background object.

I put the NASA original .tiff into PSE (Photoshop) to compare to video to see if I could spot any tampering from the original and it does show some enhancement and light and contrast adjustments. I would suspect more than likely for presentation rather than direct fraud since he did show the source reference in the beginning of the video.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

I have to agree with Majicbar, this is an artifact and not an actual object:

The above photo is taken from the video. For many people, it is difficult to orient themselves to determine just exactly what they are seeing.

The above photo is oriented so that the top of the photo is up, based on the craters and their shadows.

As we zoom in, we see the above. The artifact sits oddly on the surface of the moon (or is it sticking up from the surface).

As we continue to zoom (I have made no enhancements for lightness or contrast) we notice there are no shadows cast by the object.

M
    Last edited by Marvin; 08-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Marvin,

Your opinion is valued, thanks for weighing in on it.