Thread: Earth's Moon, discoveries.

Earth's Moon, discoveries.

From NBC News:

Moon water discovery hints at mystery source deep underground

Evidence of water spotted on the moon's surface by a sharp-eyed spacecraft likely originated from an unknown source deep in the lunar interior, scientists say.

The find — made by NASA's Moon Mineralogy Mapper instrument aboard India's Chandrayaan-1 probe — marks the first detection of such "magmatic water" from lunar orbit and confirms analyses performed recently on moon rocks brought to Earth by Apollo astronauts four decades ago, researchers said.

"Now that we have detected water that is likely from the interior of the moon, we can start to compare this water with other characteristics of the lunar surface," study lead author Rachel Klima of the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Md., said in a statement.

Read more click here: At NBC New: Moon water discovery hints at mystery source deep underground
    Groundwater present within Earth's Moon, if true is an amazing discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Groundwater present within Earth's Moon, if true is an amazing discovery.
    My guess is that this water is condensate from geologic processes that got trapped in the magma tubes that have been discovered in the maria. There is not the kind of water we would find in aquifers here on the Earth. But any water is better than none.

05/12/17: NBC News reports - There Could Be A Village On The Moon By 2030

Artemis, NASA

I like that NASA has Boarding Passes for Missions.
    Artemis Boarding Pass is called, Fly your name around the Moon!
    Click here for Artemis Boarding Pass.

Priming NASA's Artemis I for Launch to the Moon

Artemis: We Are Focused

What is Artemis?

The shake down voyage!

NASA’s Big Rocket Reaches Launchpad. Next Stop: The Moon.

For once, NASA is ahead of schedule.

For the past month and a half, the Space Launch System rocket, which is the most powerful since the Saturn V that took astronauts to the moon in the 1960s and 1970s, has been parked in a building at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. There, technicians have been getting the rocket ready for its maiden flight, which could occur in two weeks.

The rollout from the building to the launchpad had been scheduled for Thursday, but NASA announced on Monday that the move had been moved up to Tuesday evening. This all leads to the launch of NASA’s Artemis I mission, an uncrewed test of the giant rocket and the Orion spacecraft where astronauts will one day sit.

Technicians will be making final preparations, including hooking up power and propellant lines to the rocket and the launch tower. Although the rollout is sooner, the target time for the Artemis I launch has not changed: Monday, Aug. 29 at 8:33 a.m. Eastern time. You can subscribe here to get a reminder about the launch, as well as other space events, on your personal digital calendar.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...eb0e6928d365ff