Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roswell Slides

Surly these folks knew that these were not the Roswell alien. They had these slides for a long time and it only took a day to figure out it was a two year old boy. Sad. I have lost a lot of respect for all involved.

The saga continues:

Slidebox Media has updated their placard page after they, too, ran the SmartDeblur software, and they don't get the same results:

http://slideboxmedia.com/placard/

The difference lies in the filter that was used.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Analysis of the Hi-res image of the placard appears to give the same result:

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2015...f-placard.html

Has anyone seen analysis of the body?
    Child like torso, I can't make out the ratio between upper and lower arm (reported to be reversed in grays).
    Not sure if the eye sockets are normal for human, or oversized like a gray.
    The mouth appears larger than I would expect for a gray.
    The cranium does appear oversized, but that may be typical for a child?
    If it is a mummy, and not a fossil, then DNA should resolve the matter quickly. All we have to do is locate the remains.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Anthony Bragalia admits he was wrong, and goes along with the 'two year old mummified body of a boy' interpretation after finding further corroboration:

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2015/05/t...pology_10.html
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/10656

The million dollar museum was visited by a german film crew. They undoubtedly filmed inside the museum so there should be much more available about this particular exhibit. The museum's contents went up for auction so records from that auction, may indicate the disposition of the "alien"."

"There are full mummified skeletons, and the new star of the place, "Alien Baby." In 1997, during the 50th Anniversary of the Roswell Incident, a German TV crew came by and took the tour. They proclaimed that one small mummy with a detached femur might actually be an E.T. This caused quite the sensation, and management quickly changed the description from "one of a race of midget Indians" to "Alien Baby."

According to its new label (the only Million Dollar Museum label computer printed instead of hand written), "No one is sure exactly when the museum acquired this artifact, but it does not appear to be human."
    - See more at: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story....d6dH3bNy.dpuf
    Discrepancies are answered in that photos before and after July 1997 are of different placards. The item is clearly from the "Million Dollar Museum", the body could not be of a 'Roswell alien". Disposition of the mummy would fall under the antiquities and Indian acts and the body would have been given back to the local tribes for burial.

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Anthony Bragalia admits he was wrong, and goes along with the 'two year old mummified body of a boy' interpretation after finding further corroboration:

http://ufocon.blogspot.com/2015/05/t...pology_10.html
    I'm pleased to see that Anthony Bragalia had the intestinal fortitude to write this apology regarding his involvement. Everyone else intimately involved with this should also step forward and make similar statements.

Except for Dew. He's the one it seems who controlled all of this and supposedly had photo experts authenticate the photographs. Yet we have someone with a $99 piece of software who was able to discern the writing on the placard when his experts could not? Really??? I think Dew is the one who has some 'splainin' to do!

I'm still flabergasted that those involved did not recognise what they were looking at.

To me the key is context. If we were looking at a cadaver in a medical context, such as hospital or laboratory, or even a Military context, such as a hangar, I could understand the confusion. Clearly we are looking at an exhibit, a glass display case with multiple historical artefacts, complete with their own placards.

It's good to see Anthony Bragalia acknowledge his mistake. I wonder if others will do the same?
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Blog Entries
    There are seasoned UFO Researchers on Facebook who are still defending Slidegate (yes, I just named it that). People are allegedly getting unfriended because they believe the slides to be a picture of a mummy. Arguments are still going on on Facebook. This is UFO Research at its worst.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    There are seasoned UFO Researchers on Facebook who are still defending Slidegate (yes, I just named it that). People are allegedly getting unfriended because they believe the slides to be a picture of a mummy. Arguments are still going on on Facebook. This is UFO Research at its worst.
    "SLIDEGATE", That's perfect Lily!

IMO there is one or two of those who were intimately involve in this aware of the truth. I don't know which ones but a LOT of $$$ and a lot of publicity was the goal. Not necessarily truthful disclosure!

Last edited by epo333; 05-11-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Definitely it looks like a museum and why would it be dried up like that after a crash ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm still flabergasted that those involved did not recognise what they were looking at.

To me the key is context. If we were looking at a cadaver in a medical context, such as hospital or laboratory, or even a Military context, such as a hangar, I could understand the confusion. Clearly we are looking at an exhibit, a glass display case with multiple historical artefacts, complete with their own placards.

It's good to see Anthony Bragalia acknowledge his mistake. I wonder if others will do the same?