Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Roswell Slides

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKoi View Post
    More nails in the coffin of the Roswell Slides (although the lid was pretty firmly nailed down a while ago...):

Further to a FOIA request by researcher Shepherd Johnson, the National Park Service has released 186 pages of documentation concerning the Montezuma Castle / Mesa Verde child mummy. As Shepherd has already mentioned on Facebook, the documents can be accessed here:
    http://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/foia-frd.htm

The material is in PDF format here:
    http://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/uplo...ocs_ForWeb.pdf

Just for ease of browsing and sharing on Facebook, I've converted the Roswell Slides material provide further to Shepherd Johnson's FOIA request into a Facebook album (with a title, and a description, giving credit to him - of course): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=29f3a2fe47

This material includes further photos of the mummy.
    Thanks for posting that here, Isaac!

I've been keeping an eye on this story since the "big reveal" on the 5th May, at which point it became clear to most of us that we were looking at images of a child mummy.

On the one hand it has been slightly embarrasing to watch certain well known individuals refuse to accept the obvious conclusion, on the other hand it has been good to see researchers come to a 100% solid conclusion. For me, despite the damage done to various peoples reputations, it just goes to show that the online UFO community are more than capable of getting to the bottom of any given story.

Withn just over a month we now know for certain the following facts:

- The Kodachrome slides depict a mummified child.
    - The Mummy was discovered in 1896 at Montezuma Castle by SL Palmer
    - It was put on display at Mesa verde museum where the Rays took their picture aprox 1947.
    - It was later moved to the Montezuma museum where it was photographed by Frank Hadl in December 1956.
    - The rest, as they say is (slightly embarrassing ufological) history.

The extensive FOIA file above provides all of this detailed inforamtion and much more. So now, hopefully, the child at the center of this story can finaly be laid to rest. Hats off to the RSRG, to Jose Antonio Caravaca , Shepherd Johnson and all involved for what has turned out to be an outstanding investigation!
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thanks for posting that here, Isaac!

I've been keeping an eye on this story since the "big reveal" on the 5th May, at which point it became clear to most of us that we were looking at images of a child mummy.

On the one hand it has been slightly embarrasing to watch certain well known individuals refuse to accept the obvious conclusion, on the other hand it has been good to see researchers come to a 100% solid conclusion. For me, despite the damage done to various peoples reputations, it just goes to show that the online UFO community are more than capable of getting to the bottom of any given story.

Withn just over a month we now know for certain the following facts:

- The Kodachrome slides depict a mummified child.
    - The Mummy was discovered in 1896 at Montezuma Castle by SL Palmer
    - It was put on display at Mesa verde museum where the Rays took their picture aprox 1947.
    - It was later moved to the Montezuma museum where it was photographed by Frank Hadl in December 1956.
    - The rest, as they say is (slightly embarrassing ufological) history.

The extensive FOIA file above provides all of this detailed inforamtion and much more. So now, hopefully, the child at the center of this story can finaly be laid to rest. Hats off to the RSRG, to Jose Antonio Caravaca , Shepherd Johnson and all involved for what has turned out to be an outstanding investigation!
    Lee, thanks for a break-down that put the entire affair into an easy to follow perspective.

I concur with Lee.

It showed the UFO community as mostly united and able to sort wheat from chaff.

There is an "emerging network" within the UFO Community of respectable researchers. At this point, Ufology is no longer a "fringe" science.