Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OBITUARIES - Remembrances

Blog Entries
    Stephen Furst.
    May 1955 to June 2017.
    Died from diabetes complications.
    Actor in movie Animal House, as Flounder.
    TV series St Elsewhere, as Dr Elliot Axelrod.

And my personal favorite, his portrayal as sidekick Vir Cotto, on Babylon 5.

RIP.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post

News has been coming out about the number of drugs that were found in Carrie Fishers autopsy results. Too bad that information had to be publicized instead of remaining with the family but she still remains a hero in the mental health dept. For people who suffer from any form of mental illness, every day is a struggle regardless that they are on prescribed psychotropic medications for it. Some are more lucky than others because those meds are successful in keeping their illness at bay, but the same can't be said for the other half or more where those meds are, for the most part, ineffective... hence why so many stop taking them. And that's when they start to self-medicate again which appears to be the route Fisher went.

Nevertheless, she still deserves our respect because she put herself out on the front-line to raise public awareness on mental illness and was very successful in raising money on a continuous basis for research in this area. She will not be forgotten and will forever remain a princess in the eyes of many more to come for her efforts to make meaningful and significant changes in the mental health field.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    News has been coming out about the number of drugs that were found in Fishers autopsy results. Too bad that information had to be publicized instead of remaining with the family but she still remains a hero in the mental health dept. For people who suffer from any form of mental illness, every day is a struggle regardless that they are on prescribed psychotropic medications for it. Some are more lucky than others because those meds are successful in keeping their illness at bay, but the same can't be said for the other half or more where those meds are, for the most part, ineffective... hence why so many stop taking them. And that's when they start to self-medicate again which appears to be the route Fisher went.

Nevertheless, she still deserves our respect because she put herself out on the front-line to raise public awareness on mental illness and was very successful in raising money on a continuous basis for research in this area. She will not be forgotten and will forever remain a princess in the eyes of many more to come for her efforts to make meaningful and significant changes in the mental health field.
    The news didn't denigrate Carrie Fisher's memory for me.
    We all struggle with inner demons.
    IMHO, her death was more of a cautionary tale.
    Trans-oceanic flights (UK to USA) are LONG.
    Don't do anything that may cause need for medical attention when boarding such flights (excessive self-medication), because it might be a LONG delay (hours) for that ambulance ride to the Emergency Room for help.
    Rapid transport can make all the difference, hence the red lights and sirens on emergency vehicles.
    Unfortunate series of events. In an at home incident, she probably would have survived.
    Attachment 1008

RIP Carrie Fisher
    I agree with you. Thanks for your feedback.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Author John Major Jenkins passed away, last Friday (30 June).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Banned

The Death Of A Great Mind

During the morning of May 18th, 2017, Jacque Fresco died. His last few days were spent with close friends and he worked on his vision for a better future until the very end.

The Venus Project was Jacque’s life work, a plan for using science and technology to create a world free of money, military, politicians, and war. It proposed an alternative to the current social and economic structure presently being exercised in our world, and offered an entirely new approach to solving problems.
    Jacque maybe gone, but left us a vision for a better future. Perhaps someday, the world may look back and acknowledge him as one of the greatest minds of the 21st century.

RIP Jacque, one day, the world will come to realize your mind.

R.I.P. Martin Landau.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

RIP Martin Landau
    He was one of my favorites. One of my fav's is "By Dawn's Early Light". He played the President during a Nuclear exchange with Russia. Great movie of a Oops what could happen... He sure was one of the best.

Whenever I would see Martin Landau in the second half of his life, in movies, even though he was old and growing older, I could still see that young Landau from the 50's and 60's in him. He had that youthful vibe... that spark of life about him that never went away and you could especially see that shining through in his eyes and overall demeanor. He will be missed.

Last edited by A99; 07-17-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    R.I.P. Martin Landau.
    I particularly enjoyed his early acting in the original TV series "Mission Impossible" and "Space 1999".
    Also, his much later oscar winning role in "Ed Wood", and his appearance in one of the "X-Files" big screen movies.
    He was a talented and prolific actor.

RIP. Martin Landau dies at 89.

Landau with co-star and wife, Barbara Bain in "Space 1999" circa 1976.
    Attachment 1008