Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
Some random thoughts...

In archeology and history, we've created a terminology of 'stone age,' 'bronze age,' 'iron age' etc. to refer to the level of technological advancement of a society. Similarly, Nikolai Kardashev developed a scale of technological development based on the amount of energy a civilization is able to utilize. He distinguished three different types of civilizations, calling them Type i, Type II and Type III civilizations. Some years ago, Michio Kaku revised Kardashev's typology, noting that the civilizations Kardashev identified would not rely on non-renewable energy, and that therefore, we haven't even reached the level yet of a Type I Civilization. He called us a Type 0 Civilization who relies on depletable energy sources.

Where am I going with this?

One of the reasons for war is necessity. The economic and energetic needs of a Type 0 Civilizations are greater (in the sense of harder to be met) than those of technologically more advanced civilizations, because they rely on depletable resources, which - be definiton - run out, and have to be replenished. Type 0 Civilizations are therefore more prone to intervention, and by consequence, to war.
If you look at the past history of extraterrestrial intervention, as described in mythologies worldwide, many of those interventions fit that pattern.

Even the Greys seem to be driven by necessity more than anything else. There are numerous stories that they would need human DNA to ensure their survival.

Necessity is of course not the only reason for war. One look at our history shows that wars have not only been fought over resources, but also for far more personal reasons (which is what Fore hinted at): greed, jealousy, the lust for power, or even plain, simple lust: The Trojan Wars allegedly were fought because of a love triangle!
And we actually see plenty of that, as well, in our mythologies, when it comes to our extraterrestrial visitors. Plenty are the stories of gods fighting one another for the most petty of reasons, which have nothing to do anymore with necessity.
It is good to know we have something in common with our galactic neighbors. Now if only I could steal their light saber... (A reference to "star wars")