Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Demise of alienscientist forum?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I don't think you put the wrong password. This is the message that you get when it won't let you in any more.
    Waiting 15 minutes won't help.
    Resetting your password won't help either...
    Yep, you are correct I cannot even get to the log in screen. These things are such a hassle and so sophisticated and sometimes they are just password captures that you just want to tear your hair out. I have password generators but just to lazy to use them.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Sorry hear about the troubles. If anyone can get on there and post, please let staff/members at Alien Scientist know that they can come here to communicate and regroup as Garuda offered. We will assist if asked.

I just tried to create a new account, but that doesn't work anymore either.

The software obviously has been corrupted / compromised on a large scale...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure it has attacked the servers command and control and infected it with asymmetric encryption. You would need an encryption key to get through the mess it just created.

Unless you know where and how you have been compromised system restore boots might work but if they did it once and you don’t know how they did it they can do it again and most likely will.

Even if you are lucky and get in, posting posts inside an infected forum which nobody else can log into would be somewhat futile. You would need to let the admins know here by posting in this Outpost Forum or one of their choosing..
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

The purpose for creating a new account was to make 1 post to encourage staff to use this forum to get organized.
    As anybody can still read the forum, that would not be futile.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Alienscientist and David Hilton are the ones to get hold of over there. Most of our mods do not participate anymore. Ed Fouche and I just became admins last week but hadn't received the admin permissions yet. We were cleaning out (banning) spammers like crazy when all this happened. We had moderator privileges but not admin yet. I think Garuda's idea was great. Jeremy Rys is the owner (alienscientist) and would have to give you all the go ahead. I personally appreciate all that you are trying to do. You guys are awesome. Will be gone tonight as I have to work. Rod
    A fantastic journey begins with curiosity

I have e-mailed Ed Fouche who has alienscientist (Jeremy) email address with a link to this thread so they can view your offer of help. We'll see if Jeremy takes you up on the offer. Once again I really appreciate it! Rod

While I can get into the site, it is very slow a balky, I do think it possible that someone has installed some kind of software to corrupt the site. It is a shame. I see today the FBI has taken to getting back at some of the major international hackers. It is about time.

I also have discovered that the site, "Open Minds Forum 2013" is attempting to resurrect the old OMF and has not been able to attract the former forum members. I'll be interested to see if they again attract the same kind of games and trash that killed the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemaverick View Post
    I have e-mailed Ed Fouche who has alienscientist (Jeremy) email address with a link to this thread so they can view your offer of help. We'll see if Jeremy takes you up on the offer. Once again I really appreciate it! Rod
    You're welcome.

I contacted Jeremy as well.
    - Jef Mallett

- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    While I can get into the site, it is very slow a balky, I do think it possible that someone has installed some kind of software to corrupt the site. It is a shame. I see today the FBI has taken to getting back at some of the major international hackers. It is about time.

I also have discovered that the site, "Open Minds Forum 2013" is attempting to resurrect the old OMF and has not been able to attract the former forum members. I'll be interested to see if they again attract the same kind of games and trash that killed the old site.
    I think you are right. We got hit with a lot of spam from China and Russia started and then Eastern Europe.