Thread: Super Typhoon Hurricane Haiyan

Super Typhoon Hurricane Haiyan

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/08/world/...yan/?hpt=hp_t1

"With sustained winds of 315 kph (195 mph) and gusts as strong as 380 kph (235 mph), Haiyan may be the strongest tropical cyclone to hit land anywhere in recorded history"

For years, since I was very young, it has never made sense to me the way that we as a human society live our lives. We live in a unnatural way, not in harmony with the earth, physically and mentally, and see nature as our enemy. We have constructed enormous cities and view it as our conquest over nature and our evolution as a species. This paradigm, from my perspective, is extremely flawed. We are born of and inherently a part of nature, but this 21st century, capitalist, materialism mindset has destroyed our world and prevented us from living as human beings are supposed to live, in nature working together with one another, not isolated trying to one-up one another just to survive in the city and trying to keep up with the kardashians and 'kanye west'.

These storms and weather disasters don't come as a surprise to me. If the body gets a cold it fights it off, the same thing is of earth. We have destroyed it for a long time and expected nothing to happen. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if these natural disasters get worse.

From USA TODAY:

MANILA — As many as 10,000 people are feared dead in one city alone after Super Typhoon Haiyan — one of the most powerful storms ever recorded — slammed into the central islands of the Philippines, officials said.

Regional police chief Elmer Soria said he was briefed by Leyte provincial Gov. Dominic Petilla late Saturday and told there were about 10,000 deaths on the island, mostly by drowning and from collapsed buildings. The governor's figure was based on reports from village officials in areas where Typhoon Haiyan slammed Friday.

Tacloban city administrator Tecson Lim said that the death toll in the city "could go up to 10,000." A mass burial was planned Sunday in Palo town near Tacloban.

Video and more at link below...
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...etnam/3483099/

With climate change accelerating these storms are going to get more and more frequent. It's a simple bell curve.
    These super storms become more frequent and even stronger storms become a rare event.

Agree with minette the sooner we realise we are here to develop spiritually and not accumulate as many cars /shoes as possible the better. We need the truth. There is still time.