Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Mars Disc Objects on Ground

  1. #1
    Junior Member krazyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    21

    Mars Disc Objects on Ground

    Full color images of a CD Rom or similar metallic object on Mars. I am beginning to think that all the Curiosity Rover images are taken on earth. Can someone be putting these objects their on purpose to let us know that the rover images are all bogus. Even J.P. Skipper is beginning to believe this also!



    Image 1

    Image 2

    J.P. Skipper: MARS LITTERBUG

    KK

  2. #2
    Looks like a DVD or CD.

  3. #3
    Senior Member majicbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis. Minnesota
    Posts
    1,192
    Covers of various ports on the lander were jettisoned when the reentry shell separated, this might be one of these covers. That it is not dust covered indicates that it is newly arrived on the surface.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    Covers of various ports on the lander were jettisoned when the reentry shell separated, this might be one of these covers. That it is not dust covered indicates that it is newly arrived on the surface.
    That as good an explanation as I have heard yet.

    I noticed when I place the two photos (taken at different positions) side by side, that the "prism effect" usually seen on CDs and DVDs is not present. In fact there is a distinct line or shadow of sorts running from the hole, to about the 10:00 o'clock position.

    Maybe residuals from a explosive bolt, or a compressed gas eject device.

  5. #5
    Junior Member krazyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    Covers of various ports on the lander were jettisoned when the reentry shell separated, this might be one of these covers. That it is not dust covered indicates that it is newly arrived on the surface.
    The thing is, these images are from Sol 309 and the rover is no ware near the landing sight. NASA gave no commentary under the images either. Would you not think they would comment on those objects in the images? Nice theory though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member majicbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis. Minnesota
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyken View Post
    The thing is, these images are from Sol 309 and the rover is no ware near the landing sight. NASA gave no commentary under the images either. Would you not think they would comment on those objects in the images? Nice theory though.
    When Curriosity was released from the areobreaking cover, the rover was well (6 to 1 miles) above the surface and the trajectory of the Rover was such that these could very well be those covers on the Curriosity Rover. Note how the cover and the landing device are also not where Curriosity landed. Small discs like these would have a Frisbee effect and travel a considerable distance. So yes, it is a nice hypothesis.
    Last edited by majicbar; 12-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Are there any competing hypotheses? Does anyone have any ideas about how to test the Cover Theory?

  8. #8
    Senior Member majicbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis. Minnesota
    Posts
    1,192
    http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-ima...000E1_DXXX.jpg

    http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-ima...000E1_DXXX.jpg

    These are the image numbers from the Curiosity website for the images in question.

    http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-ima...000E2_DXXX.jpg

    Same Sol in the same area, but this seems to show what looks like primitive pottery, clearly this is something that deserves notice and explanation.

  9. #9
    Junior Member krazyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post

    Same Sol in the same area, but this seems to show what looks like primitive pottery, clearly this is something that deserves notice and explanation.
    Your so called pottery looks like all the other eroded stone in the area. This is a distraction from my original post. Please feel free to start a NEW thread on your POTTERY THEORY.

    KK

  10. #10
    Junior Member krazyken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Are there any competing hypotheses? Does anyone have any ideas about how to test the Cover Theory?
    I did another video showing similar objects from images of the Spirit Rover.



    Image 1

    Image 2

    Image 3

    KK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •