Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1223

Thread: End Game....Economic/Political Crisis

And another submitted for your comments.

whoknows,

Thanks for posting videos.

Although a number of Native Tribes are doing well, many Native American Peoples suffer. Pine Ridge is an example. The US wasted trillions overseas, while people of Pine Ridge are ignored.

Tragic that the US does not invest in Reservation Lands, raising the quality of living.

Economics across the US as a whole is one-sided, favoring wealthy and corporations. Tax dodges... Yes it is true they have a higher tax rate, however in reality many pay zero dollars on profits by stashing money overseas.

The United States has more people per-cap in prisons (many prisons for profit) than any other nation on globe. Including China, Russia, N. Korea and Cuba.

Civil unrest? Nations across the globe are feeling rumblings of it.

Will Civil Unrest solve issues and or usher in something worse?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    Will Civil Unrest solve issues and or usher in something worse?
    It's unfortunate that the word "revolution" is used sort of willy-nilly. In my mind,what more is revolution than the violent over throw of a system only to be replaced be the same system with a different group of people in charge. Prof. Alperovitz says this as well, in that he, I think, suggest removing the present system over a period of decades and thereby divesting our selves of the current PTB. The people still have power, we just need to find common ground to enable ourselves to act cooperatively against a system that is to my mind very deleterious.

I think he suggest some very good alternatives that can, are and have been used and supported by a wide range of ideologies.

BTW there has been resent(last day or two) new about a mining group called Newell(?) pulling the same stunt on an elderly Peruvian woman as was on the Dann sisters.

Last edited by whoknows; 04-29-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    It's unfortunate that the word "revolution" is used sort of willy-nilly. In my mind,what more is revolution than the violent over throw of a system only to be replaced be the same system with a different group of people in charge. Prof. Alperovitz says this as well, in that he, I think, suggest removing the present system over a period of decades and thereby divesting our selves of the current PTB. The people still have power, we just need to find common ground to enable ourselves to act cooperatively against a system that is to my mind very deleterious.

I think he suggest some very good alternatives that can, are and have been used and supported by a wide range of ideologies.

BTW there has been resent(last day or two) new about a mining group called Newell(?) pulling the same stunt on an elderly Peruvian woman as was on the Dann sisters.

While a powerful speech, Chief Seattle is not it's author. While being attributed to Chief Seattle attempts to give it a provenance of importance, that makes it a fraud of unacceptable proportion. We cannot erase the genocide against the Native Americans, it will stand as a crime that America committed and that will haunt us forever. The crimes we continue to commit in the name of greed and disrespect for this World will stand against our generations unless we take it to heart and reform our actions.

http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/chiefsea.html

http://www.barefootsworld.net/seattle.html

http://www.chiefseattle.com/history/...ech/speech.htm

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    The crimes we continue to commit in the name of greed and disrespect for this World will stand against our generations unless we take it to heart and reform our actions.
    There is the truth of the matter!

Questionable Attribution is not enough to invalidate a "powerful speech" that I think at least one of the most well know literary historian links very strongly to Native American traditional belief system. I mean was it Shakespeare or Bacon, does it in anyway lessen the power and beauty of the words?

This is one of those no brainers (I really mean no offence by that statement) that make me shiver to the core!

In the U.S. we have never lived within a democracy. We live in a democratic republic that tends to further enable the activities cited in this video.

We only ever get to vote for people chosen by small groups of powerful people to represent the majority. I can tell you from personal knowledge the powerful have never wanted to be subject to what they would call the whims of the unwashed and uneducated. I kid you not, this is the way they talk. Thing is, as long as the majority goes along with the 1% plan to keep the majority uneducated, we are going to be SOL!

(LOL with sense of despair)most are so used to be told by their priest and prophets they are sheep, that we may see "the end the world as we know it."