Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BE's PRINCIPLES of EPISTEMOLOGY 101

Blog Entries
    I'm very happy we're in agreement on this, Doc. Our tendency to forsake skeptical analysis in the interests of novelty is the very reason that UFOlogy has fallen prey to disemblers and fantasists and the manipulative 'men in black' of the IC. BE's First Principle ought to always be our point of departure. "An open mind unrestrained by skepticism is credulity." Had that been the operative principle at OMF the members might have been spared considerable misery over the course of the years. I don't lay the blame entirely at Bren's feet. His original impetus was to provide an essential service to those who would have the temerity to question the status quo of our state of knowledge concerning our special interest. And for that he ought to be commended. The downfall of OM had to do with the lack of critical thinking allowed to go unchallenged, and eventually encouraged, there. There evolved there a childish hysteria among the membership that, to my mind at least, eventually took on the trappings of a cult. All of that proved to be attractive fertile ground for CI social engineers who have been actively engaged in the UFO coverup for the last 64 years. The OM leadership team, rather than consider the pernicious intent of these deceivers allowed themselves to be manipulated into becoming their enablers- elevating the likes of Rick Doty, Kit Green, Ron Pandolfi, Hal Puttoff et alia to the station of keepers of the OMoid petri dish while at the same time relegating their detractors to ignominious silencing. If Father Smith is hearing this I'd appreciate his response. Why? Because it is my belief that he has been Bennewitzed into becoming an enabler of his own.

I sincerely hope that our mutual experience at OM will not be marginalized by a foreclosing of this discussion in the interests of some misbegotten commity. In fact I believe it would be advantageous for Bren himself to offer commentary here. At the end of the day I think we're all adult enough to sort these issue out.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

We could actually come to a very interesting discussion on epistemology and methodology.

I've also been playing with the idea of approaching this field from the angle of knowledge management, where knowledge validation ties right into this same discussion.

Let me get back on this later.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Yes. To my mind UFOlogy is a philosophical conundrum. And perhaps that it subsumes all possible knowledge. But the details also intrigue me.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk