Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change why are we still even debating it?

fracking has to stop

fracking hurts the datum in a multitude of ways

one of which is contamination of ground water

Quote Originally Posted by aquila View Post
    fracking has to stop

fracking hurts the datum in a multitude of ways

one of which is contamination of ground water
    That was some what prescient post there aquila, considering what took place in OK. a week later.
    Form what I understand the geologist at the USGS can't say definitively the quake was caused by fracking, the felling I got from their statement was that it, was, the likely cause.
    If nothing else that earthquake should be a wake up call.

something else to ponder.

This is not good

Temperatures near the North Pole have risen above freezing in the latest sign of the “sudden” and “very serious” changes to the Earth’s climate.

The US Weather Channel reported that at least five buoys near the pole had recorded temperatures between zero and 1.2C on Tuesday this week...

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7424446.html

Today the temperature went up to 106 where I live. Not quite as bad as the one day when it reached 110 but it still is looking like it's going to be a hot week.
    My inner Mulder wants to believe, but my inner Scully remains skeptical.

Wonder what the surface temperature was. Whenever I check on the temp. in my area, I always know that it only tells part of story. Surface temp. and humidity can jack up the real temp. (what it really feels like) up another 5 degree's... or even more wrt what it really feels like when you're walking out there.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Wonder what the surface temperature was. Whenever I check on the temp. in my area, I always know that it only tells part of story. Surface temp. and humidity can jack up the real temp. (what it really feels like) up another 5 degree's... or even more wrt what it really feels like when you're walking out there.
    Excellent point!

During the recent heatwave in Phoenix, it was reported that for a brief time, certain aircraft could not take off due to the high heat. While the temperature was reported around 120, I personally witnessed a news reporter take a digital thermometer reading (while live on the air) of close to 140 at ground level.

Just yesterday, Portland was reportedly in the 100+ range but again, a (CBS) reporter took a far higher reading with a personal digital thermometer downtown while broadcasting.

A more sobering weather scenario is playing out in Europe as well.

I could write a page on what Hawaii is going through. They have even come up with a brand-new, never before heard here term for the flooding that has been occurring...

This new flooding condition is called a "King Tide".

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    something else to ponder.

Nye has my eternal enmity for his obtuse attitude, closed mind, and generally boorish display of distrust towards the Disclosure Project's USAF whistle-blowers on Larry King Live.

Conversely, Lieutenant Jacobs has my eternal gratitude and respect for putting Nye in his place!
    Last edited by Wansen; 08-03-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Dr. Jacobs is a research scientist and university professor. He absolutely CLOBBERED Nye in that debate. lol. A real fun watch even though I felt a little sorry for him... but only a little.
    Last edited by A99; 08-03-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Nye has my eternal enmity for his obtuse attitude, closed mind, and generally boorish display of distrust towards the Disclosure Project's USAF whistle-blowers on Larry King Live.

Conversely, Lieutenant Jacobs has my eternal gratitude and respect for putting Nye in his place!
    Dito, could not agree more, thanks!