Thread: Women's UFO Symposium Takes On ET Hunters' 'Old Boys Club'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Women's UFO Symposium Takes On ET Hunters' 'Old Boys Club'

Well it's about time! The first annual "Women's UFO Symposium" is coming up in May of next year in Texas!
    Good that they are letting us know way ahead of time to save up for it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1115052.html
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

That's about an hour away for me. I will try to go on the day Steve Allen is going to talk on Stephenville. I understand Ricky Sorrells will be there too.
    I'm interested in hearing more of their experience in Stephenville.

Great to hear AJ will receive an award for her coverage. It is much deserved.

I am most definitely planning on attending that Symposium! We need more 'girl power' in this field ... that's for sure! Can't wait to meet you and AJ too!
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

This seems silly, why should or would a subject be for women only? Makes no sense. You are either interested in something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    This seems silly, why should or would a subject be for women only? Makes no sense. You are either interested in something or not.
    Hi Pam, The topic and investigators has been dominated by men for the vast majority of time. This is simply giving female investigators and reporters an opportunity to present their work and garner some much deserved attention. Paula Harris and Angelia Joiner are very professional in their research and reporting and in AJ's instance, she lost her job at the Stephenville paper for being dedicated to getting to a much of the facts as she could. The paper did not want to be seen as being connected to the UFO subject. AJ is a reporter first, last and always. But women tend to be marginalized in the topic and they have much to contribute just as the gentlemen have. This is simply a venue to let them speak. There will be plenty of men on the panels (such as witness Steve Allen) and in the audience.

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Hi Pam, The topic and investigators has been dominated by men for the vast majority of time. This is simply giving female investigators and reporters an opportunity to present their work and garner some much deserved attention. Paula Harris and Angelia Joiner are very professional in their research and reporting and in AJ's instance, she lost her job at the Stephenville paper for being dedicated to getting to a much of the facts as she could. The paper did not want to be seen as being connected to the UFO subject. AJ is a reporter first, last and always. But women tend to be marginalized in the topic and they have much to contribute just as the gentlemen have. This is simply a venue to let them speak. There will be plenty of men on the panels (such as witness Steve Allen) and in the audience.

I'm looking forward to it.
    I am fully aware of AJ as I was at OMF during the events that went down from day one. There are many women that have been involved for a long time including LMH. I just have a problem when subjects are specified to one sex or another.

I truly believe it is irrelevant to the topic or study whether you wear a dress or not.

I believe that there are more women "experiencers" so to speak than men as most of the stories I read are from women.

More than likely there are more men than women involved in the study because of the jobs they held in the past.
    Last edited by Pam; 12-10-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    I am most definitely planning on attending that Symposium! We need more 'girl power' in this field ... that's for sure! Can't wait to meet you and AJ too!
    I agree. This study has been dominated by men for way too long.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk