Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faces on Mars?

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Maybe it's just my imagination but the 'guy' on the left looks like a seahorse, and if you look at the guy on the right, he seems to have 'fins' either behind his ears or where his ears should be.
    I vaguely remember seeing that before...
    I thought that at some point an underwater movie would be a more cunning way disguising the source. A few other things occurred to me. If you had a camera a decided to fake these photos they would gave to be books or television, films that were on the telly. Actually going to the cinema and taking a snap would be risky and much more difficult.
    The guy on the right looks as though he maybe an actor.
    Do you know when those photos first came to light?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Garuda, Longeyes: Although the Google identification is helpful, I was hoping more for an alternative view like Garuda's. I think somebody out there knows the film or TV series this pic came from. (I got tired of looking, too. The last thing like this I did took three years off and on.)
    Having another look I really think Meier isn't worth the effort. If he faked two he faked the lot. His photos of beam ships were just too convenient and unbelievable. He attracts the lunatic Ufo fringe and they aren't exactly questioning.
    One avenue 1950's 1960's scifi buffs might be well worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Having another look I really think Meier isn't worth the effort. If he faked two he faked the lot. His photos of beam ships were just too convenient and unbelievable. He attracts the lunatic Ufo fringe and they aren't exactly questioning.
    One avenue 1950's 1960's scifi buffs might be well worth asking.
    I can't argue with your opinion of Meier. I was very let down by his fakery back in the day and I consider anyone trying to defend his "wedding cake" picture to be a fool or a knave. That said, I was hoping to see this pic definitely identified to add to the positive debunkery.

For me "worth the effort" is directly proportional to how big a pain in the butt someone is + how bored I am.

Blog Entries
    @Doc
    was that suppose to be knave? Or naive?

Guess they both fit!
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    @Doc
    was that suppose to be knave? Or naive?

Guess they both fit!
    You ask the greatest questions. "knave" from the Old English "cnafa" probably derived from the High German "knabe"-- originally a young servant but came to mean an undisciplined rascal or dishonest rogue.

Have a look at the suits in this film and search out the remakes. Very close.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    Nice find!

Planet of Storms / Planeta Bur (1962) would make a good candidate for having the original.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

89cf1a91c327.jpg

That's a mirrored version of Doc's original. If you look for the circle shape in the bottom right corner it could be the lamps worn on the suit in the video. The figure, now on the left is cropped above where this lamp would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Nice find!

Planet of Storms / Planeta Bur (1962) would make a good candidate for having the original.
    I looked at the whole thing couldn't see the frame in question.
    There seems to be full length versions of all these old sci fi films on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemChild View Post
    Now, that is what I was hoping for! Someone clever using that film as jump-off point might just find the original frame/pic. Great find!