Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnosticism - The Forbidden Religion - Jose M. Herrou Aragon

Blog Entries

Gnosticism - The Forbidden Religion - Jose M. Herrou Aragon

I'm very fond of Gnosticism. So I'd like to recommend this guy's books. I'm almost done The Forbidden Religion, which was inspired by lessons in his dreams. H alsoe has another book on Parapsychology that looks really good too and gets into psychic self defence. It's all on the website.

http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/...m#.Uzjom-ddXiM

And here are the 32 Gnostic Statements from the site:

THE 32 GNOSTIC STATEMENTS OF THE FORBIDDEN RELIGION

1- Jehovah does not want man to know his origin or his great destiny. He forbids all contact with the higher world. He wants man to be a reflection of him, the creator, and not a reflection of the Supreme God.

2- Just as the creator cursed the serpent when it destroyed his plans and ruined his work, so must the creator be cursed by every man who has woken up. Just as the creator cursed the Serpent of Salvation, so the creator himself will be cursed as long as he exists, by every Spirit liberated from his clutches.

3- It is the divine energy of the imprisoned Spirit which impelled and continues to impel the evolution of the man-animal!

4- Gnostics do not want to wait thousands of millions of years. They want to liberate themselves now, as soon as possible. And not only liberate themselves. They also want to put an end to this whole satanic system, the breathing of the demiurge and his insane plans, the torment of the imprisoned Spirits, the successive creations and destructions, death and reincarnation, everything created, everything that is impure and the demiurge as well.

5- The worst thing that can be done to the Truth is to forbid it. The opposite effect will be produced: it will emerge with more strength and violence.

6- That is the reason for the fear and that is the reason for the Conspiracy: so that nobody can ever find the Path of Liberation and Return.

7- The aim of these religions is to keep man asleep, leading him blindly to the final slaughterhouse: his fusion with the demiurge.

8- If man could withstand the vision of True Light without dying, he would only see unfathomable darkness, because he would be seeing the True Light.

9- Warriors of the Spirit loathe matter. They are indeed destroyers, but destroyers of the impure.

10- Only the absurd aspects would be destroyed, the sick part, that which imprisons the Spirit, the coffin which encases It: the body and soul of the animal wrongly called man.

11- And the day everything that is garbage is destroyed, that is to say, the day on which all creation and its creator are disintegrated, when nothing remains, not even a single atom, body or soul, only the Spirits will remain, freed forever. Now there will be no more duality and the world will go back to being one and only one: the Unknowable Eternal Fire.

12- Gnostics conclude then that if those laws are those of the demiurge, they can and must be disobeyed.

13- All that the creator says, orders and demands must be disobeyed, because he is not the True God but an imposter who considers himself to be “the Only One”.

14- Through his constant opposition, the Gnostic gradually acquires a power equal then later superior to that of the creator god.

15- What happens is that there is something in man which was not created by the creator god: the Eternal Spirit.

16- This rebellion comes from the Spirit. It is the uncreated in man which loathes and opposes the creator satan and his work.

17- The creator god exists, but he must be eliminated by man.

18- The duality of worlds must be eliminated by man so there will be only one kingdom: that of the Unknowable God.

19- Most of them do not want to know the truth: that they are living in a huge mental institution invented and controlled by the Supreme Madman.

20- His impure body and soul have been deified by the Spirit and no longer belong to the demiurge. His body, soul and Spirit have been converted into only one thing: something indestructible, immortal and eternal.

21- The path of the right hand towards the demiurge by means of perfection of the soul, or the Path of the Left Hand, towards the Unknowable God by means of liberation of the Spirit.

22- Real kaivalya inevitably includes total and absolute separation from the demiurge himself.

23- This is the natural hostility of the Spirit towards the demiurge and his work. If the Spirit felt love for the demiurge and his creation, it would not be a Spirit, it would be a soul. The soul is pure love (for the demiurge and his work). The Spirit is pure hate (for the demiurge and his work).

24- It is good to remember that, although persecuted and denied, liberation and fulfilment of the Spirit also exist.

25- The initiate recognizes the Unknowable God, rejects the authority of the creator god and his commands, and declares that he has been forever liberated from the power of the demiurge.

26- By means of the initiation, the initiate has radically changed his relation with the creator god. He has separated himself from the demiurge and all creation. He has separated himself from his body and soul. He is now outside the laws which govern the world of matter and time. He is now outside everything, except his Spirit.

27- I want to separate myself from the creator god and his creation, I want to separate myself from matter and time, I want to separate myself from my body and soul, I want to unite myself with my Spirit, I want my Spirit to be liberated, I want to be my Spirit, I am my Spirit.

28- Originally impure, made from mortal demiurgic matter, the body and soul will be transmuted into divine and eternal matter by the Spirit: the indestructible vajra . The mud and breath of the demiurge will thus become pure and glorious. They will form only one entity with the Spirit, inseparable and indissoluble for the whole of eternity.

29- The triumphant Spirit has seized from the demiurge part of his creation, a body and a soul, and has transformed them into divine matter over which the demiurge has no control. The created has been transmuted into the uncreated by the power of the Spirit!

30- The time for the Spirit's revenge has arrived.

31- The body and soul, deified and incorporated by the Spirit, will be the trophy which the Spirit will flaunt eternally as a souvenir of Its triumphant passage through the perverse world of created matter.

32- In this way, all duality will have disappeared and the world will go back to being only one: the Eternal Kingdom of the True and Unknowable God.
    "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock."

I have some interest into the subject. I've learned that Gnostics hate this demiurge, yet I haven't yet had learned enough what they held/hold as real god of their's or is it like they have none at all. Well the post was interesting, well sort of, perhaps not as original Gnostic writing as the Gnostics were back when it started. Also there is a certain amount of hate in the statements, sort of hate towards the demiurge, I'm not sure if such is a very good point of view towards such entity, if there is such anyway. Of course I have my own opinion about these matters, but I collected below a few statements and I'd like to know what does one think about these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lycaeus View Post
    1- Jehovah does not want man to know his origin or his great destiny. He forbids all contact with the higher world. He wants man to be a reflection of him, the creator, and not a reflection of the Supreme God.

13- All that the creator says, orders and demands must be disobeyed, because he is not the True God but an imposter who considers himself to be “the Only One”.

18- The duality of worlds must be eliminated by man so there will be only one kingdom: that of the Unknowable God.

25- The initiate recognizes the Unknowable God, rejects the authority of the creator god and his commands, and declares that he has been forever liberated from the power of the demiurge.

32- In this way, all duality will have disappeared and the world will go back to being only one: the Eternal Kingdom of the True and Unknowable God.
    Who or what is this Supreme/True/Unknowable God?

15- What happens is that there is something in man which was not created by the creator god: the Eternal Spirit.
    This sounds true to me to some extent. However one creates sort of one's own spirit in my view, since one decides about what one is about through one's own actions and choices.

16- This rebellion comes from the Spirit. It is the uncreated in man which loathes and opposes the creator satan and his work.

20- His impure body and soul have been deified by the Spirit and no longer belong to the demiurge. His body, soul and Spirit have been converted into only one thing: something indestructible, immortal and eternal.

23- This is the natural hostility of the Spirit towards the demiurge and his work. If the Spirit felt love for the demiurge and his creation, it would not be a Spirit, it would be a soul. The soul is pure love (for the demiurge and his work). The Spirit is pure hate (for the demiurge and his work).

24- It is good to remember that, although persecuted and denied, liberation and fulfilment of the Spirit also exist.

26- By means of the initiation, the initiate has radically changed his relation with the creator god. He has separated himself from the demiurge and all creation. He has separated himself from his body and soul. He is now outside the laws which govern the world of matter and time. He is now outside everything, except his Spirit.

27- I want to separate myself from the creator god and his creation, I want to separate myself from matter and time, I want to separate myself from my body and soul, I want to unite myself with my Spirit, I want my Spirit to be liberated, I want to be my Spirit, I am my Spirit.

28- Originally impure, made from mortal demiurgic matter, the body and soul will be transmuted into divine and eternal matter by the Spirit: the indestructible vajra . The mud and breath of the demiurge will thus become pure and glorious. They will form only one entity with the Spirit, inseparable and indissoluble for the whole of eternity.

29- The triumphant Spirit has seized from the demiurge part of his creation, a body and a soul, and has transformed them into divine matter over which the demiurge has no control. The created has been transmuted into the uncreated by the power of the Spirit!

30- The time for the Spirit's revenge has arrived.

31- The body and soul, deified and incorporated by the Spirit, will be the trophy which the Spirit will flaunt eternally as a souvenir of Its triumphant passage through the perverse world of created matter.
    What is this Spirit?

21- The path of the right hand towards the demiurge by means of perfection of the soul, or the Path of the Left Hand, towards the Unknowable God by means of liberation of the Spirit.
    What exactly would this Spirit have to be freed from?

Was an interesting post however, I think this subject is interesting also. It's like I'm into this spiritual pondering a lot, there are truths and not so true things, or misunderstandings and such etc. a lot, even in common beliefs and religions. The ultimate truth is so hard to get from these things. Leaves many believing into things, which are not so good for oneself, well maybe I'm wrong. But still it's good to have these things going on in the mind, so that one lifts up from the ground level and such.

project-maji forum

I read through all the 32 Statements and was surprised at how complicated and almost artificially difficult the ideas were to follow. I've found the idea of hidden knowledge and salvation through knowing to be interesting but what I read makes me less likely to want to know more of this brand of Gnosticism.

Compare with Philip K. Dick's summary / personal understanding of Gnosticism:

The Ten Major Principles of the Gnostic Revelation

From Exegesis, by Philip K. Dick

The Gnostic Christians of the second century believed that only a special revelation of knowledge rather than faith could save a person. The contents of this revelation could not be received empirically or derived a priori. They considered this special gnosis so valuable that it must be kept secret. Here are the ten major principles of the gnostic revelation:

1. The creator of this world is demented.

2. The world is not as it appears, in order to hide the evil in it, a delusive veil obscuring it and the deranged deity.

3. There is another, better realm of God, and all our efforts are to be directed toward

- returning there
    - bringing it here.

4. Our actual lives stretch thousands of years back, and we can be made to remember our origin in the stars.

5. Each of us has a divine counterpart unfallen who can reach a hand down to us to awaken us. This other personality is the authentic waking self; the one we have now is asleep and minor. We are in fact asleep, and in the hands of a dangerous magician disguised as a good god, the deranged creator deity. The bleakness, the evil and pain in this world, the fact that it is a deterministic prison controlled by the demented creator causes us willingly to split with the reality principle early in life, and so to speak willingly fall asleep in delusion.

6. You can pass from the delusional prison world into the peaceful kingdom if the True Good God places you under His grace and allows you to see reality through His eyes.

7. Christ gave, rather than received, revelation; he taught his followers how to enter the kingdom while still alive, where other mystery religions only bring about amnesis: knowledge of it at the "other time" in "the other realm," not here. He causes it to come here, and is the living agency to the Sole Good God (i.e. the Logos).

8. Probably the real, secret Christian church still exists, long underground, with the living Corpus Christi as its head or ruler, the members absorbed into it. Through participation in it they probably have vast, seemingly magical powers.

9. The division into "two times" (good and evil) and "two realms" (good and evil) will abruptly end with victory for the good time here, as the presently invisible kingdom separates and becomes visible. We cannot know the date.

10. During this time period we are on the sifting bridge being judged according to which power we give allegiance to, the deranged creator demiurge of this world or the One Good God and his kingdom, whom we know through Christ.

To know these ten principles of Gnostic Christianity is to court disaster.

By "creator of this world" the Gnostics mean the creator of our 3D space-time-matter-energy universe, which is not necessarily the True God who is the creator of the entire multidimensional framework of existence, of which our 3D universe is but a subset -- a subset pretending to be the only reality, or equally a veil that obscures the greater reality beyond it.

Our 5-sense reality is seen as a kind of "matrix," and its creator is just an impostor pretending to be the True God. The goal of the fake god / demiurge is to totally consume our spirit, lock it into matter, and make us entirely subservient to matter-based impulses such as dog-eat-dog survivalism, materialism, and deterministic (non-freewill) types of behaviors. Or else it creates false systems of spirituality that make you think you're becoming free, but you're just being lead down a dark path.

The basic gist is that we can see through that veil, awaken from our matter-induced amnesia of who we really are, and we can establish contact with the True God, with the Paraclete / Holy Spirit, and/or with the higher part of our being that isn't our lower mortal mind. It's also implied that by doing so, we gain back control over our lives, our bodies, souls, and environment, from the grips of the deterministic matrix.

There are some satanists, luciferians, left-hand-pathers that use the banner of gnosticism to preach a kind of "rebellion against all control, transcendence beyond all limitation" that differs from true gnosticism in that it purposely ignores or rejects the existence of an absolute divine ethical framework.

Yet another reason to like Philip K. Dick. His summary is less off-putting and yet, true to the more complex one above. It always seemed to me that with our brains as what takes to the top of the food chain, to deny or suppress our intellect in favor of 'blind faith" as the way od knowing good did not make much sense. Surely, we are meant to know and understand.

I find these principles interesting. They indeed are more sound than the almost hateful and initiating principles the earlier mentioned were. However I find the Gnostic teaching slightly misguided, and these principles are maybe true Gnostic teachings, with perhaps some modifications, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by montalk View Post
    1. The creator of this world is demented.
    I think the creator of this world is the same as creator of the unseen world so to speak. These worlds are connected to each other seamlessly, from what I've learned.

2. The world is not as it appears, in order to hide the evil in it, a delusive veil obscuring it and the deranged deity.
    I think evil is not hidden, it's in plain view and maybe the demiurge is blamed from that what people make themselves into the world. Similar to how devil is blamed from all that is bad, when it's the people who create it by themselves.

3. There is another, better realm of God, and all our efforts are to be directed toward

- returning there
    - bringing it here.
    True there is another world, but it's not like things are wrong in that sense. I think this reality called world is as much needed as are the other worlds. I think it's better to be content rather than complaining about the state of affairs.

4. Our actual lives stretch thousands of years back, and we can be made to remember our origin in the stars.
    Why only thousands of years, might be that the time some have lived spans back across the time of this universe.

5. Each of us has a divine counterpart unfallen who can reach a hand down to us to awaken us. This other personality is the authentic waking self; the one we have now is asleep and minor. We are in fact asleep, and in the hands of a dangerous magician disguised as a good god, the deranged creator deity. The bleakness, the evil and pain in this world, the fact that it is a deterministic prison controlled by the demented creator causes us willingly to split with the reality principle early in life, and so to speak willingly fall asleep in delusion.
    The good god the impostor might be called some kind of divinity, yet such entity is nothing but a ruler not the creator. I think the creator is a real one, and that everything is actually consisting of his functions. Everywhere and not only in this physical reality.

6. You can pass from the delusional prison world into the peaceful kingdom if the True Good God places you under His grace and allows you to see reality through His eyes.
    This might be true, there are other worlds outside this universe and places like Heaven exist in my view. But they are not places where one should live for eternity, if one is able to live in this world. Since this world is better for certain entities.

7. Christ gave, rather than received, revelation; he taught his followers how to enter the kingdom while still alive, where other mystery religions only bring about amnesis: knowledge of it at the "other time" in "the other realm," not here. He causes it to come here, and is the living agency to the Sole Good God (i.e. the Logos).
    I believe that Christ is in dealing with the impostor divinity. So he isn't as miraculous as some think. Yet he is a special entity, and not a total impostor entity.

8. Probably the real, secret Christian church still exists, long underground, with the living Corpus Christi as its head or ruler, the members absorbed into it. Through participation in it they probably have vast, seemingly magical powers.
    Miracle work is possible. It can be very hidden yet very influential.

9. The division into "two times" (good and evil) and "two realms" (good and evil) will abruptly end with victory for the good time here, as the presently invisible kingdom separates and becomes visible. We cannot know the date.
    Good and evil are the two sides of the same coin. What matters is wrong and right more than were it good or bad.

10. During this time period we are on the sifting bridge being judged according to which power we give allegiance to, the deranged creator demiurge of this world or the One Good God and his kingdom, whom we know through Christ.
    I would think it's more about oneself than like one should care about such demiurge and what he wants. Also making allegiances with any entity, would be harmful. Since there are no perfect beings.

I wanted to put my own thoughts to challenge these principles. There is loads of matters thought not so well in my opinion in these teachings. I've found in my opinion slightly more information about such matters, than what the common belief is.

Blog Entries
    Montalk that was a really good explanation. I love Philip K Dick books.

I don't understand all of those statements but a lot of it is intriguing and seems to make sense. They say the Gnostics were the ancient conspiracy theorists because of their unorthodox beliefs that set them apart.

I can see how some of the statements could be used to justify a destructive or hateful lifestyle like this:
    12- Gnostics conclude then that if those laws are those of the demiurge, they can and must be disobeyed.
    In a positive interpretation, this could be about using the power of the higher mind, or Spirit, to transcend physical limitations. "Disobey the physical laws" by overpowering them with the power of your Spirit, like by healing your body with your mind, or developing psychic abilities. In a negative way, an ignorant person could use this as an excuse to go against their biological instincts that tell them to keep the body healthy and to not physically hurt others, or damage the environment. And they might do drugs, or hurt others which is not good.

Just as the creator cursed the serpent when it destroyed his plans and ruined his work, so must the creator be cursed by every man who has woken up.
    This quote sounds pretty negative indeed for example. They say that since carbon is almost everywhere in the physical universe, and it has 6 electrons, protons, and neutrons, than the physical matter or Matrix is Satan, and by extension, the Demiurge, which is a lesser, false God than the real big guy upstairs. But this line is hard for me to get my head around because the physical world can be a beautiful thing. Couldn't there be physical worlds that are a spiritual paradise? Why curse all of creation? Its interesting material though nonetheless, it seems dark in a way. I was feeling a bit dark and victimized when I first read it, maybe that's why I was so attracted, but a lot of the Gnostic stuff is very uplifting to me for the most part. You always have to listen to your heart and truth inside. Jesus taught how to escape the limitations.

Jesus quote:
    (28) Jesus said: I stood in the midst of the world, and I appeared to them in the flesh. I found them all drunk; I found none of them thirsting, and my soul was afflicted for the sons of men; for they are blind in their heart, and they do not see that they came empty into the world, (and) empty they seek to leave the world again. But now they are drunk. When they have thrown off their wine, they will repent.
    http://www.earlychristianwritings.co...lthomas28.html
    I think he's talking about how people have become so infatuated with physicality, they are intoxicated or 'drunk' with it. So they've lost knowledge of their higher Spiritual aspects. This would be the negative side of physicality, when matter overpowers the spirit. That's the philosophy of Satanism basically. You have the inverted pentagram of the 4 Elements above the 5th Point pointing downwards. The 5th point is Spirit.

The distinction between Soul and Spirit is fascinating to me. Back in the day humans were known to have body, soul, and spirit. But spirit was taken out of the equation to keep people unaware and easier to control, according to that book the Forbidden Religion. Most people use the terms 'soul' and 'spirit' interchangeably (if they even use those terms at all). But I've always noticed some differences amongst people. So the concepts of hylics and organic portals simply made sense to me, especially considering the evidence of genetically engineering and manipulating different human races on the planet. Castaneda talked about how some people didn't have that 'luminous cocoon' so they were missing something in their being. Without getting too judgemental I'd say that not all humans have that spirit component in them which comes from 'the higher realm' and they come from the physical world, having body and soul but no spirit.

I think the soul is basically your astral body, where your passions and emotions are. The soul energy goes to the Demiurge when you die, or the Eagle in Toltec terms, or the Moon I've also heard. If you can't separate the soul from your spirit than your spirit's trapped in the Demiurge some groups say. Though I think a lot of the fear of damnation and devouring of your spirit is a tactic of the dark and probably not true. It [the soul] connects the Spirit to the body. The Spirit is the core of your consciousness, the observer. Like if you get angry because a mosquito bites you, you could become emotional and swear loudly out of irritation. But the Spirit is not so concerned with the physical body and emotions, it is distinct. I notice some people identify with their body and emotions much more than others, who seem to have more of a natural objectivity about themselves, and I think these distinctions of spirit, soul, and body might explain things. Lack of spirit would also explain why hylic people are so comfortable in the physical realm with no aspiration for something higher. These distinctions would also explain much of the polarity and butting of heads on so many issues in our world.

The themes of Spirits from the 'higher world' of the 'true God' being trapped here does seem to make sense. It fits in with the writings of Robert Morningsky and Truman Cash regarding the white light trap and ET controllers. And also Robert Monroe's writings about Spirits forgetting who they are and becoming trapped in the cycle of physical reincarnation because of attachment to physicality.

But if these far-out theories are true, then why would the Demiurge and its minions the Archons entrap Spirit beings in physicality? Is it all about feeding on loosh, the spiritual energy that the physical world can not generate on its own? Is that why so-called 'spiritless humans' or 'hylics' seem to mirror the spiritual energy of and psychically vampirize those with that spiritual consciousness in them? I've read that the Demiurge is trying to copy the "Pleroma", the 'true' more divine world, but its only a simulacra.

There are a lot of theories. I've even heard one theory related to Castaneda's writing, that the Matrix reality only exists because of the spiritual energy we give to it, the attention we pay to it. Our minds uphold the illusion and limitations. Maybe that is why more enlightened spiritual masters can transcend the laws of physicality; because they see through the illusions, giving no energy to it, therefore they are not bound by those physical limitations and perform those incredible feats we hear about.
    Last edited by lycaeus; 04-02-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: link
    "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock."

I think they ideas of mek and Lyceous touched on--that the Propositions of Gnosticism that were posted tend toward a negative and hateful approach and lifestyle are very accurate. The Propositions also seem unnecessarily convoluted.

I once read a book on creationism that was given to me by a pastor. He wanted me to see the argument against evolution by a Creation Scientist. Basically, it said that God had for some reason had hidden the truth from us. I didn't know much back then but that sure didn't seem right to me. I went looking for some refutation of that and I found a criticism of Creation Science that said the 'God's way might be difficult to understand but probably would not contain outright deception'. Or put another way, "Why would a loving God be fooling us?" That made a lot more sense to me then and now. That lead me too a scholarly field of literature called Biblical Criticism which I read deeply into for about two years, which is why I'm nowhere as religious today as I was then. Still, the mainline Christian beliefs seem to have greater internal consistency. (Of course that would appeal to my linear-thinking brain.)

I thought about the matter of the spirit and soul that were mentioned in the principles as well and about what lycaeus mentioned:

I think the soul is basically your astral body, where your passions and emotions are. The soul energy goes to the Demiurge when you die, or the Eagle in Toltec terms, or the Moon I've also heard. If you can't separate the soul from your spirit than your spirit's trapped in the Demiurge some groups say. Though I think a lot of the fear of damnation and devouring of your spirit is a tactic of the dark and probably not true. It [the soul] connects the Spirit to the body. The Spirit is the core of your consciousness, the observer. Like if you get angry because a mosquito bites you, you could become emotional and swear loudly out of irritation. But the Spirit is not so concerned with the physical body and emotions, it is distinct. I notice some people identify with their body and emotions much more than others, who seem to have more of a natural objectivity about themselves, and I think these distinctions of spirit, soul, and body might explain things. Lack of spirit would also explain why hylic people are so comfortable in the physical realm with no aspiration for something higher. These distinctions would also explain much of the polarity and butting of heads on so many issues in our world.
    I agree there are many spirits in a human being. So I believe and what I think is the reality is that we do have a soul, that I'd call the persons main spirit, that is the most in control of the person or the highest spirit. Then there are other spirits also coming and going when the time is right. And some might stay for the complete time of the body and leave once the earthly life has ended like the soul does. And actually I believe some people have many of these sort of souls at the same time, and that it's not so uncommon. And there are also many smaller spirits controlling a person's body's functions etc. and sometimes there are harmful spirits in a person, like when possessed. So that is what I believe is the reality.

I think the Demiurge is not messing things in anyway, since I think it's an invented matter not a real truth. This is because I don't see a need for such creator of this physical reality, like I think this reality is connected to the others so that there is no real border even, but that these all affect other dimensions and worlds without anyone able to say I built this and he did that, I think. Actually I believe in the afterlife there is also a physical body like in this universe spirit's have a physical body, so that would mean there would have to be sort of own Demiurge for each dimension, and that would be quite impractical when there isn't the real creator anywhere in that sense, but these Demiurges building things as they wish. So I believe the demiurge is an invented matter from the Gnostic religion, like many things in religions in general are only matters to be believed in and not the truth. These there are so many in religions that actually from what I've learned is that there is a real lack of truths in our religions.
    Last edited by mek; 04-04-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo