The April 10, 1963 (according to official reports), The Thresher, under the command of Lieutenant Commander John W. Harvey, USN, with a total of 129 men (comprised of the crew, civilian technicians, and observers) disappeared without explanation .

OR JUST A TRACE or clue as to the fate of the boat or its occupants were ever recovered: no oil slicks, no radiation, no floating debris, or similar signs of wreckage were found were never seen. Interestingly, almost all the reports at the time indicated that the ship had "disappeared" or "lost", not "sunk". A woman whose husband was in the unfortunate ship reported her belief that her husband was still alive.

Theologically speaking, the possibility of a long-distance connection or "communion" on a deep, emotional level between a husband and wife should not necessarily be consigned to the realm of the occult or "psychic" phenomena. Many religions believe that the very spiritual nature of the union of a husband and wife after the consummation of a marriage become, according to Christian teaching "one flesh".

The words of this woman, who was interviewed by Will Carson and Jeannie Joy - two writers devoted to pursuing strange events - shortly after the Thresher incident, were as follows:
"My husband was on the submarine Thresher when it disappeared. I do not consider myself a widow. I do not think my husband is dead. No, it's not a matter of simply not being able to believe it, to accept reality is that just can not get over the conviction that he is still alive somewhere. I love my husband very much. I know he loved - loves me. We were very close. We always knew when something was happening we any of us. Intuition, I guess. I should have felt something the instant there was trouble, if he was really in trouble and he knew it - a matter of life or death, but I did not feel it. "

"What do you think really happened," Carson and Joy asked the attractive young woman.

"Most people think I'm crazy when I say this, but I believe the Thresher was captured."

"By whom?"

"I can not say for sure, but it WAS a Russian submarine spotted near there that day (ie, near where REPORTED disappeared, 220 miles from Boston harbor) - only I can not imagine how even the Russians could CAPTURE a boat like the Thresher without leaving the slightest evidence. "