Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leslie Kean - links, interviews (cont)

Leslie Kean - links, interviews (cont)

This is the continuation of the thread that was on previous location:

Here is the podcast page for the latest interview (where you can also listen online) with Leslie Kean that will be broadcast on December 11, 2011 on National Public Radio:
    http://ttbook.org/book/paranormal-pop-culture

Direct download link for audio:
    http://tinyurl.com/co2zzoe

The name of the NPR's show is "The Best of our Knowledge".

Official intro of the show:
    "Leslie Kean on UFOs
    Investigative journalist Leslie Kean talks to Jim Fleming about her book,
    "UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record."

Best Wishes.

uforadio
    http://ufoprintclip.x10.mx/

She knowing lied in that book about Callahan.

She knew...because I was one of the ones who told her....years before she published the book

Callahan's account differs from Maccabee's....who was in the room for the meeting that never happened.
    http://www.realityuncovered.net/blog...ufo-sightings/

So if she knowingly lied about Callahan's account, isn't fair to assume she might be lying about other claims?

Lies of omission are still lies....right?

Blog Entries
    Leslie has done more to bring respectability to UFOlogy than almost anyone else I can think of. For that we owe her thanks. She's not a liar, she's a reporter. And a top notch one, at that. Break down and read her book and stfu already about Callahan already. We're tired of your whining. Jeezizz...
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

It;s false respectability built on lies...at least when it comes to Callahan.

How can one make a case for the truth, when one isn't truthful herself?

Don't say it doesn't matter...because of course it does

Why cover it up?

That's what she is doing...covering up relevant facts.

If a real reporter ever took a serious look at her book and fact checked it....respectability gone

Why don't you ask her about it Toon?

Do you have her email address?

I do

This, to me is one of those events where epistemology as noot referenced the other day fits in. There are apparent discrepancies between her earlier statements or beliefs and what appeared in her book. His has been labeled variously as "selling out", "lies", "purposeful omission", "currying favor" and so on. I have no idea which it is.

Calling her a liar does nothing to advance my knowledge and even less to raise my interest. We do this all the time on these forums and in all of Ufology, to be sure.

I would much rather see an investigation and some sort of an epistemological examination of the case so that when the determination of what is really going is made or not made we have some kind of factual framework and maybe the level of discourse improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I would much rather see an investigation and some sort of an epistemological examination of the case so that when the determination of what is really going is made or not made we have some kind of factual framework and maybe the level of discourse improves.
    http://www.realityuncovered.net/blog...ufo-sightings/

Just ask her Doc

She was told in January- February 2008...by me and Ryan about Maccabee.

I've done my own extensive research on this case.

Nothing was covered up...it was front page news at the time, the FAA sold the radar data to the public, Maccabee did extensive research and published it.

And Kean didn't know any of this? Even after we told her?

Completely left out of her book?

Don't you think those are relevant facts?

For a cover up it is one of the most highly publicized cases ever.

And Maccabee was at the secret meeting?

He disputes Callahans version of events regarding that meeting.

Kean knew this.

But that's omitted?

Respectability?
    Last edited by murmur; 12-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    The Callahan, Maccabee crap is one insignificant case out of thousands. If it bothers you so much ask Leslie for a clarification and publish it right here. I'm sure she'd oblige you. I don't understand why you'd be so obsessed with minutia while you ignore the larger issues raised in her book. What's the point? If she's mistaken on the Callahan issue so be it.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

Blog Entries
    When I get to a real computer I'll contact her publically with a link to this thread and ask her to comment. Happy?

Sure....but in the mean time

Granted that Leslie was emphasizing the “cover up” aspect, apparently in the face of the facts, this discussion seems to skirt around the more important (IMHO) issue of…. what was the cause of the sighting in the first place?
    And note, incidently, that the world did not have learned about the sighting from the FAA which told no one after completing a preliminary investigation on the night of the event. It wasn’t until the air crew told some media in Japan and an American reporter picked up on that and queried the FAA that the FAA admitted it had happened and announced that they would carry out an investigation.
    After they completed their investigation they sold document packages which contained most of the stuff that I was given by the CIA (interviews of the crew and radar operators, maps, radar data printout, etc.)
    Comment by Bruce Maccabee — April 13, 2011 @ 2:21 am

Blog Entries
    ...this discussion seems to skirt around the more important (IMHO) issue of…. what was the cause of the sighting in the first place?
    I'm in full agreement with Brumac on that. Look at the larger issue.