Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Hoaxes........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post
    By the way Lilly.....how long have you known the Pickering brothers?

You've met them in person...prior to OMF....isn't that right?
    Nope!
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    In the distant past we lost opportunities because people we were inviting to join and share information that everyone wanted saw that they already were being disrespected by some of the members there. They did not come, nor did they share. It was a costly lesson.

Who did not come and share?

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Nope!
    Thanks for responding

The reason I asked is because I thought I observed you in one of the youtube video's where one or both of the pickering bros were speaking to a small group hosted by Paula Gloria.

So it could not have been you, because you don't know them at all.

You never met them or have spoken with them.

Thanks for clearing that up

There were more than one. It was a long time ago now and I don't want to post something inaccurate. The one I remember the most was so many members clamoring for so-and-so to come and answer questions and there was a full page of remarks that the person was a liar, opportunist etc, etc. We were telling whoever it was they would be treated fairly. A friend told the person to go to that page. That was the end of that. The lesson was that people we are trying to deal with would hold us responsible for what is posted. So, we try to keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

Actually, I saw a guy at lunch today who was involved in an interesting sighting some years ago. He would talk about it, even took people to where it was. Then one day a "UFO Investigator" came to his place of business to interview him and wound up basically calling him a liar and an idiot because his report didn't fit "the profile". He would never talk about it after that. Courtesy is social lubrication. Oil changes are cheaper than engines.

Thanks Doc for sharing that.

The Pickering bros and Richard Theilman aren't coming anywhere that I'm at...I think that's safe to say.

But I'm silently concerned that that members here aren't free to voice their opinions about ufo investigations or investigators.

As an example...I don't think too much of Michael Cohen, or Alfred Webre....and I'd be fairly critical if I became involed in a discussion about them.

I have in fact been critical of Leslie Kean on this board...I think I implied she was a liar.

But I wasn't warned by a mod over that.

Kim's comment is pretty innocuous in comparison.

So I guess I'm missing something.

It's probably why I thought Lilly knew the pickerings personally outside of online chatrooms.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

I'm asking questions because I'm trying to understand.

Blog Entries
    The Pickering bros and Richard Theilman aren't coming anywhere that I'm at...I think that's safe to say.
    Hahahahahaha. Yeah that's safe.
    "Toon, with an attitude like that I'm surprised you're not in jail". Brother Dankk

So....anyway....moving forward that is.

There are at least three Semi-unresolved questions when it comes the the Theilman-Pickering Hoax.
    Well...maybe not unresolved, but rather items that are not as neatly wrapped?

I have my own thoughts....but I'd rather other former OMies that are interested go first.
    If no one is interested, I guess at some point I'll share my thoughts.....but I would be thrilled to have a civil discussion about it.

Question #1...Were the Pickerings complicit? Was anyone else complicit?

Question #2...How and why did Theilmann risk getting caught forging his way on to a Navy base?

Question #3...Why did the FBI decline to prosecute?

Well I can think of more questions for discussion after writing the above.....but let's just try a baby step first.

On a side note to admins.......can you enable the spoiler tags?
    Last edited by murmur; 12-12-2011 at 06:46 AM.

1. I don't believe so. Not sure as to others. They put themselves out too far publicly if they in fact knew it was all a fraud.
    2. He is nuts.
    3. They don't like to prosecute victimless crimes.

But I could be wrong. Good Q's Mur. All have crossed my mind.

I. Observation: I thought from the beginning the Pickerings were gullible and unwise. They fell madly in love with the story and had no objectivity whatsoever.

2. Opinion only: He is sick, very much like famous impostors in films. He acted alone.

3. Guess: A defense lawyer would ask embarrassing questions that nobody wanted raised. The lawyer would also make the guy look like a poor, sad object of pity. No upside to prosecuting--all downside.

Quote Originally Posted by murmur View Post

Do you see where I'm coming from?

I'm asking questions because I'm trying to understand.
    No, you are just attempting to instigate your own banning for mere "laughs". As it was a mentioned [recently] as a practice and ?honor? in "that safe place".

--------------------

As for noot, it is an alias for Toon (spelled backwards). A notorious member whom goes by the name BE in "that safe place" [of disrespect].

Toon has been banned from most forums on the internet.

--------------------

You have an opportunity Toon and Mur to post on The Outpost Forum as if the past never occurred. You two are already known for your bad behavior. Please use these new opportunities as a way to balance out what you two always claim is a closed "thought process" community. Use your opportunity wisely and try to change the way you do your "balancing of the conversation" with skepticism and healthy thought processes.

You have already been explained the reasons why you should name people by their correct moniker. Do not continue to advance the conversation [toon] as if nothing was ever said or as if you did not have an accurate conception of how to conduct yourself in a respectful community. In the end, if you choose to walk down the path of instigation without a purpose other than a "laugh". Then, you aren't proving anything other than you want to be banned.

You want to "balance out" the equation of these conversations that occur on TOP. So pull your own weight, follow the rules and take the higher road this time around. Don't remove yourself from the conversation(s) prematurely so you can then claim "an injustice".

At least when it comes to you [Mur] you used to be a member of high regard. Lets see if that old you is "still in there" somewhere.
    Last edited by Fore; 12-12-2011 at 08:09 AM.