Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: War with Russia

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Have any. Of you taken a hard look at the war cycles? We start into a major cycle in 2013.
    There are also a potential for 5 major conflicts regarding oil including China/Japan.
    Larry Edelson stands by his cycle work this day.

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/very-...9#.U9Gbscu9KSM

Check out War cycles and Macroeconomics.
    In my college geography training I was taught how to chart in order to demonstrate some definitive human factor, like wars. I have to call Edelson's work out as pure B.S. though. Some of his wars start along the top, like +40, yet others start along the bottom when his chart indicates -40. He fails to delineate what the y axis is based on; how can -40 and +40 mean the same thing as initiation points? What is the process he is going by? If he is just trying to show that there is a cycle of a set time (53.5 years) that has something to do with wars starting up, the I have to say that this graphing shows that he has chosen the wrong periodicity.
    Last edited by majicbar; 07-25-2014 at 04:00 AM.

I think the reason that wars break out with some time between them, is that it takes most people some time to forget how much wars cost in lost lives and lost opportunities. Over time the war hawks gain the edge and again push war to enrich themselves and hurt their rivals. Some war hawks, like Senator John McCain of Az, never back off nor let others forget, given his torture, I can kind of get that in his case. But most of us of his period understand the selfish and false narratives that helped to drive that war. We have lots of younger citizens who would, bless their hearts, go to war for this country, unknowing of the real motives of those who pull the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    I think the reason that wars break out with some time between them, is that it takes most people some time to forget how much wars cost in lost lives and lost opportunities. Over time the war hawks gain the edge and again push war to enrich themselves and hurt their rivals. Some war hawks, like Senator John McCain of Az, never back off nor let others forget, given his torture, I can kind of get that in his case. But most of us of his period understand the selfish and false narratives that helped to drive that war. We have lots of younger citizens who would, bless their hearts, go to war for this country, unknowing of the real motives of those who pull the strings.
    Well said! Hear him, hear him.