Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ESP card experiment

Blog Entries
    First of all it should be obvious it is a ‘trick’ and was originally given as a test to some oncoming freshman college students to give an explanation of how mind works. This simple experiment and when all the dust settles categorizes you into different personality types in problem solving and a glimpse of the mechanics of the mind and how peer pressure works etc. There is also a cheat factor built into the test for those that look for the answer from somebody else’s answer. Though they are not marked wrong it does put them into a different type personality inventory category. They would be given no points due to lack of originality and creativity. Sort of like psychological plagiarism (LOL).

Also let me explain the 98% correct factor, which Pickford points out, is correct by anyone’s computation but it’s a trick so how can anyone get this wrong, since it a trick than shouldn’t it be a 100% correct factor? So how do you explain the 2% of the people who do not fit in the correct category and gets it wrong?

When ‘field intelligence agents’ are given a battery of psychological tests to see how well they will handle certain missions set forth to see whether they can be used or cut loose from the program being initiated, and how well they will play into a team effort, or not, are given tests ‘similar’ to the ESP card test Pickford presented. They are usually given two tries with a five minute time frame to answer. The ones who can figure the deception out and explain it within the time period allotted are moved into a different category of problems because they represent 2% of the population who can observe the problem and solve it within a given time frame. Some of the candidates are not even aware of the testing because it can be done in a clandestine setting like at a party or things on that order. It can also escalate into other type of hands on confrontational techniques to observe and record suggestibility factors, jealousy, factors presented like photo shop images of the candidate spouse, sister, brother, mother in sexual situations that are totally fabricated to test behavioral and physiological responses to a candidate to evaluate their responses to given situations. I can go on and on here but I will tend to slip off topic and you get the idea.

So I will end this little experiment here because Fore has tracked down the answer but let me extrapolate both answers by Majicbar and Fore to give a little more insight and I will also explain the answer.

@ Majicbar, almost spotted it right on until he added the math in. The math was wrong anyway but only because he drew a wrong comparison to the face cards. Of course math had almost nothing to do with it because it was a trick not a mathematical problem though it was designed to appear as such. Almost put him in the top 2%.

@ Fore, as expected,
    Fore
    That was pretty idiotic and pretty obvious.
    whose first sentence establishes a classical narcissistic response but to his credit got it right and it is my opinion looking through the internet for the answers.

Here is how it’s done you have 3 face cards, King, Queen, Jack, with four suits each which equals 12 cards and there are six red suit cards hearts and diamond and six black suit cards spades and clubs. The trick was to separate the cards into two equal groups of six cards each and show you only one group to pick your card from. Easy enough… Now that you have done this the cards are switched to the other set and our presented minus one card which was supposed to represent the card you picked. What should be obvious is they never show the missing card.

The End
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    First of all it should be obvious it is a ‘trick’ and was originally given as a test to some oncoming freshman college students to give an explanation of how mind works. This simple experiment and when all the dust settles categorizes you into different personality types in problem solving and a glimpse of the mechanics of the mind and how peer pressure works etc. There is also a cheat factor built into the test for those that look for the answer from somebody else’s answer. Though they are not marked wrong it does put them into a different type personality inventory category. They would be given no points due to lack of originality and creativity. Sort of like psychological plagiarism (LOL).
    I honestly did not see or sense the personality test from beginning to end.

It was something a roadside vendor (no disrespect to them) would have invented. I went into it with a thought that perhaps there was a mathematical explanation or something advanced like that. Between writing two posts, and watching links 4 times, taking a picture to analyze the system it took about 98% of the time of the twenty minutes between two posts.

The guy just didn't put any effort into it. The test was put together with almost no effort. I don't even really see the personality test anywhere that you mention. (Nor can I conceive of anyone deriving personality traits from this test.)

This does not reflect on you. It's just the guy made a lame test that was pretty transparent. (Not ESP in any sense of the word)

-------------------

And no, I didn't cheat or google it. There isn't even a need to do that. I also don't see the search vectors to start and end a google search that quickly. That channel has (surprisingly) like 6000 videos. To just narrow it down it would have taken time.

Also let me explain the 98% correct factor, which Pickford points out, is correct by anyone’s computation but it’s a trick so how can anyone get this wrong, since it a trick than shouldn’t it be a 100% correct factor? So how do you explain the 2% of the people who do not fit in the correct category and gets it wrong?
    I don't even attempt to.

I have no clue where those figures came from nor read through any texts. My limited focus was on the youtube example.

Are you and I talking about two different subjects?

When ‘field intelligence agents’ are given a battery of psychological tests to see how well they will handle certain missions set forth to see whether they can be used or cut loose from the program being initiated, and how well they will play into a team effort, or not, are given tests ‘similar’ to the ESP card test Pickford presented. They are usually given two tries with a five minute time frame to answer. The ones who can figure the deception out and explain it within the time period allotted are moved into a different category of problems because they represent 2% of the population who can observe the problem and solve it within a given time frame.
    Lets hope 98% are familiar with basic problem solving techniques. I even doubt that figure of 98%. It is way too obvious for that many people to fail to see it.

Some of the candidates are not even aware of the testing because it can be done in a clandestine setting like at a party or things on that order. It can also escalate into other type of hands on confrontational techniques to observe and record suggestibility factors, jealousy, factors presented like photo shop images of the candidate spouse, sister, brother, mother in sexual situations that are totally fabricated to test behavioral and physiological responses to a candidate to evaluate their responses to given situations. I can go on and on here but I will tend to slip off topic and you get the idea.
    It sounds strange. It assumes that people won't change over time under a given pressure. That doesn't sound like a valid assumption from my time spent near the ET groups.[/QUOTE]

Given proper prompting and incentives a good portion of people can change behaviors to a given degree. Even logical/mental and moral/ethical codes can be skewed if additional logic/pressure/reasoning/"desire bending" is applied.

===========================

For example, you won't kill someone if I hand you a gun and order you to shoot someone else.

You have things you choose not to do.
    You also have things you opt not to do based on a specific reasoning, desire or focus.

When you are given that option, any number of things that cross your mind/head/heart fall within those brackets of association.
    If you desire not to hurt others you won't.

If you change the scenario up so that your loved ones die as a result of not carrying out the instruction, then the person weighs what it means to "not desire" to hurt someone. Weighing a stranger vs loved ones. The perceived values inside the mind of that individual changes.

That perverse manipulation is a form of what [some] ET's do to people in much more subtle ways with psychic coercion and other overt forms of manipulation. (Sometimes not so subtle)
    Keep in mind it is just an example of many.

So if you keep that in mind, an agent who risks life and limb in the field and effort of some agency has to practically and very blindly believe in whatever cause they choose to hold dear. Their beliefs and behaviors are dictated by some code, be it mental/emotional/belief/moral/ethical.

If they stop believing or abiding by some focus, then, I doubt a number of psyche tests results will prove much of anything. Maybe a good candidate but probably not a reliable indicator of future performance.

Variant features of ESP and Mind Reading can be used to observe someones internal complex desires and their external reactions. Telepathic suggestion can be used to skew desires. And deeply questionable procedures can be even more invasive and change or massage the landscape of a persons reasoning and internal dialog with themselves.

There is a reason why some ET interactions results in somewhat nutty people. If you actively employ ESP and other associated psychic techniques you can even see that fractured landscape on the inside of some experiencers mind. You can also see what makes them operate and observe how people reason with issues.

I strayed from the original point.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

So I will end this little experiment here because Fore has tracked down the answer [...]
    I love how you reasoned that I cheated? .

[...] but let me extrapolate both answers by Majicbar and Fore to give a little more insight and I will also explain the answer.

@ Majicbar, almost spotted it right on until he added the math in. The math was wrong anyway but only because he drew a wrong comparison to the face cards. Of course math had almost nothing to do with it because it was a trick not a mathematical problem though it was designed to appear as such. Almost put him in the top 2%.

@ Fore, as expected, whose first sentence establishes a classical narcissistic response but to his credit got it right and it is my opinion looking through the internet for the answers.
    Well, I guess this is better than a shiny sticker for my efforts.

I think my posts just in this thread have more to do with ESP subjects than this guy and his youtube video.

Here is how it’s done you have 3 face cards, King, Queen, Jack, with four suits each which equals 12 cards and there are six red suit cards hearts and diamond and six black suit cards spades and clubs. The trick was to separate the cards into two equal groups of six cards each and show you only one group to pick your card from. Easy enough… Now that you have done this the cards are switched to the other set and our presented minus one card which was supposed to represent the card you picked. What should be obvious is they never show the missing card.

The End
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous