Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE BLACK VAULT Newsletter

Blog Entries

THE BLACK VAULT Newsletter

I recall watching a UFO program 20 years ago featuring a young man (barely a teenager) who had started a UFO website called "The Black Vault".
    Over the past few decades, John Greenewald, Jr. has distinguished himself as a UFO historian and researcher.

I am happy to say John has agreed to allow reproduction of his newsletter here at TOP Forum.
    Enjoy!
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    First issue (posted here), please bear with me as I work out the format.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Issue #13 of The Black Vault Newsletter!
    I am very excited about the response to The Black Vault App! In fact, I am amazed to see that people from 21 different countries have downloaded and are now using it on a daily basis! That was an exciting statistic to see come through, and hope you will consider checking out to see what the app has to offer! In short, it allows you to have access to all the new additions to The Black Vault. This newsletter, which I send out roughly once a month, only has a SMALL percentage of what is added. The app will keep you updated on new additions that are not posted ANYWHERE else.
    Whether you are on an iPhone, DROID device, or tablet, each of the respective app stores will have extensive screenshots and descriptions about what to expect when using the app. Feel free to click on the app store logo above for more details.
    Thank you all for your continued support, and hope you enjoy all the additions to The Black Vault!
    -- John Greenewald, Jr.
    The Black Vault Owner/Operator
    http://www.theblackvault.com

Recent News Headlines

Self-Confessed Sceptic Snaps Photo Of UFO Over Caloundra
    A COMMERCIAL pilot with more than 30 years' experience has been left scratching his head over mysterious lights he saw over Caloundra on Good Friday. The pilot, who does not want to be identified, said he had never seen anything through the cockpit window that compared to the experience. KEEP READING

Meteor In Russian Sky Raises Eyebrows
    Russians with smartphones and dashboard cameras captured footage of a meteor that flashed across the night sky near the Arctic Circle over the weekend. There were no reports of damage but the ball of fire raised eyebrows after a meteorite crashed to Earth near the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February 2013, shattering windows, damaging buildings and injuring more than 1,200 people. KEEP READING

Intelligence Directive Bars Unauthorized Contacts with News Media
    The Director of National Intelligence has forbidden most intelligence community employees from discussing �ntelligence-related information�with a reporter. KEEP READING

Congratulations! Your tiny town has an MRAP and is ready for war
    Here at The Watch, we�e looking for the smallest town in America to acquire an MRAP, or Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected armored personnel vehicle. For the past few years, the Pentagon has been giving these vehicles to police departments across the country. The unwieldy behemoths have little real application in domestic police work. They�e designed for use on a battlefield. (The Pentagon offers no training to police departments when it gives the vehicles away. And they�e been known to tip over.) KEEP READING

Pentagon-sponsored study opens door for super lasers, weather control
    Pentagon-sponsored researchers have made the reach of an intensive laser beam longer by an order of magnitude. KEEP READING
    [ MORE HEADLINES ]

Recent Case Files

Top Secret Aircraft / UFO flying over Kansas
    Is THIS America's newest top-secret spy plane? Clearest picture yet of mystery aircraft spotted flying over Kansas just weeks after being seen in Texas By JONATHAN O'CALLAGHAN and MARK PRIGG and ASHLEY COLLMAN, The Daily Mail A new photo of a mysterious flying object over Kansas has been revealed...

Woman Sees Large Dark Flying Triangular Object While Driving.
    Date of Sighting: December 15, 2011Time of Sighting: 8:30 PM Local TimeLocation of Sighting: Sawtry, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom (See Map) Description: I was driving home this evening down the motorway between 20:30 and 20:45 hours on Thursday, 15th December 2011. On passing the exit before mine�
    7 to 8 Fireball Like Lights Fly East Turn South & Vanish
    Date of Sighting: December 24, 2011Time of Sighting: 8:30 PM CSTLocation of Sighting: Springdale, Arkansas (See Map) Description: At around 8:30 PM my wife and I observed between 7 to 8 fireball like lights in the sky. The first light was maybe a mile or so in front of the second set of three, then�

Self-Confessed Sceptic Snaps Photo Of UFO Over Caloundra
    By Carly Rees, Sunshine Coast Daily A COMMERCIAL pilot with more than 30 years' experience has been left scratching his head over mysterious lights he saw over Caloundra on Good Friday. The pilot, who does not want to be identified, said he had never seen anything through the cockpit window that...

SOLDIER SPOTS DOME SHAPED DISC OVER MASSACHUSETTS
    I am a US Army soldier, with overseas experience. I have not seen everything, but I have seen a lot. Over the last few weeks, tonight included, I've seen more...

UFO CIRCLES THE EMPIRE STATE BIULDING IN NEW YORK CITY
    UFO CIRCLES THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING IN NEW YORK CITY 4TH OF JULY, 1960 ............... MANHATTAN, NEW YORK The two men watched with great interest as the black object drew closer while seeming to maintain altitude. It was a few days after the 4th of July of 1960, the day a UFO Circled the...

"Ghost Car" Caught on Camera
    A video of a near-collision between cars in Russia has left hundreds of people scratching their heads. In the clip, cars can be seen crossing an intersection before another car, seemingly out of nowhere, crosses the stream of traffic. The footage has become the source of many theories, with some...

Nessie Caught on Satellite Camera? SOLVED?
    Has Apple Maps Found The Loch Ness Monster? By Zachary Davies Boren, The Telegraph Since its inception in the sixth century, the legend of the Loch Ness Monster has endured unreliable sightings, doctored photos and faked footprints, but a mysterious satellite image has given fresh hope to believers�

Follow The Black Vault

Tweet: #BlackVault or @BlackVaultcom
    CHECK OUT ALL THE NEW CASE FILES ON UFOs, Ghost Encounters and MUCH MORE!
    FOIA Document Updates
    The following are many of the updated categories and research pages

FBI Files: The Paranormal Collection
    These files were released and obtained by the FBI, all in relation to the Paranormal.
    J.F.K. Assassination Records
    J.F.K. Assassination Records
    Intellipedia Entries
    Intellipedia is an online system for collaborative data sharing used by the United States Intelligence Community (IC).
    Civil Defense
    Civil defense or civil protection is an effort to protect the citizens of a state (generally non-combatants) from military attack.
    FBI Files: Serial Killers
    A serial killer is, traditionally, a person who has murdered three or more people over a period of more than a month.
    FBI Files: Sports Figures
    The following is a list of FBI files on different sports figures.
    Human & Animal Biological Testing
    Throughout history, the world Governments were involved with testing biological and chemical agents on unwilling (and sometimes willing) human subjects - along with innocent animals.
    FBI Files: Historical Figures & Groups
    The following are FBI files of important people throughout history and important events.
    FBI Files: Celebrities
    The following is a list of FBI files on different celebrities.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Welcome to Issue #14 of The Black Vault Newsletter!

Things have been going very well -- and I apologize for my delay since my last newsletter. Since that time, I have expanded to more than 1.3 MILLION pages of declassified government documents in the archive. In addition to that - I have branched off The Black Vault's news section into a new site called GovernmentSecrets.com. This site has daily news articles about some pretty amazing stories you really don't hear about in the day to day mainstream media news broadcasts. And, The Black Vault App now has a new update to carry these news feeds as they happen. Very exciting! See the details above if you are interested in downloading!

Thank you all for your continued support, and hope you enjoy all the additions to The Black Vault!

-- John Greenewald, Jr.
    The Black Vault Owner/Operator

Recent News Headlines
    LOST IN AMERICA: VISA PROGRAM STRUGGLES TO TRACK MISSING FOREIGN STUDENTS

The Department of Homeland Security has lost track of more than 6,000 foreign nationals who entered the United States on student visas, overstayed their welcome, and essentially vanished — exploiting a security gap that was supposed to be fixed after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks.

“My greatest concern is that they could be doing anything,” said Peter Edge, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official who oversees investigations into visa violators. “Some of them could be here to do us harm.” KEEP READING

ARTIST CONCEPT: SPACE LAUNCH SYSTEM TAKES FLIGHT

NASA has released some artist concept drawings of the new Space Launch System (SLS).

NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) is a 70-metric-ton configuration launching to space. SLS will be the most powerful rocket ever built for deep space missions, including to an asteroid and ultimately to Mars. KEEP READING

NSA FURTHER DECLASSIFIES INFAMOUS “YEATES” AFFIDAVIT

by GovernmentSecrets.com Staff - John Greenewald, Jr. of The Black Vault was successful in getting a Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) of the Yeates affidavit; a Top Secret explanation on why the NSA was withholding the release of the hundreds of UFO documents. It was created during the Citizens Against UFO Secrecy (CAUS) v NSA court case which took place in 1980 and has largely remained blacked out since it was redacted and released to the general public. KEEP READING

SOVIET AUTOPSY: HITLER DIED BUT HIS DOUBLE ESCAPED

First published in 1968, “The Death of Adolf Hitler: Unknown Documents from Soviet Archives,” by journalist Lev Bezymenski was the means by which the Soviet Union chose to inform the world of the findings of the Russian medical team that performed the autopsy on Hitler’s corpse in 1945. (The Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev decreed an invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968 to crack down on resistance to Soviet occupation and dissension from Communism.) Why were the findings of Hitler’s autopsy kept secret for so many years? KEEP READING

MEET THE ULTRA HEAVY-LIFT AMPHIBIOUS CONNECTOR

An Office of Naval Research and Marine Corps Warfighting Lab half-scale Ultra Heavy-lift Amphibious Connector (UHAC) prototype demonstrates its unique abilities during the biennial RIMPAC multinational maritime exercise. KEEP READING

24 HOURS AFTER PRESIDENT OBAMA ADMITS “NO STRATEGY” FOR ISIS — PENTAGON RELEASES STATEMENT SAYING THEY ARE “WORKING” ON OPTIONS

by GovernmentSecrets.com Staff - On Thursday, August 28th, 2014, President Barack Obama stunned the world with an admission that he had “no strategy” for battling ISIS/ISIL. KEEP READING
    [ MORE HEADLINES ]

Recent Case Files

Man Sees Diamond Shaped Objects in Sky. Short Video Taken.
    I saw a bright white oval as it was approaching at 10:40 PM on 8/23/2014. the craft seemed to float and move fast across the sky. It took around 3 to 4 minutes horizon to horizon. As the craft came overhead I could make out a central white light. It emanated from a large yellow/orange “halo”. Then I…

Airline Pilot & Another Witness See Flying Triangle. Photo Taken.
    The witness called and reported his sighting about 2 hours after it occurred. He had taken his fiancé to the hospital and when leaving the hospital he saw a triangular object to the north. The object had four lights “equidistant” and one light in the center. The lights were orange or “lava” colo…

ALIEN ABDUCTION AND MISSING DOG IN LOUISIANA
    MAY 1991 - BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA On the first Monday night in May, 1991, I was watching the news with my dog. The ABC World News had just begun on TV when my dog began to growl. I had never seen her like that. She had a good nature and was playful. Her hair suddenly stood up in a ridge along her b…

AMAZING UFO PHOTO AND DISAPPEARING PEOPLE IN JAPAN
    AMAZING UFO PHOTO AND DIASAPPEARING PEOPLE IN JAPAN JUNE 24, 2014 ............. MT. TOKACHIDAKE JAPAN On June 24, 2014 at the camping site near Mt. Tokachidake (an active volcano in the northern part of Japan), which has been famous for UFO sightings for decades. You can see a bright object …

THREE UFO LIGHTS MANEUVER OVER NORTH CAROLINA
    THREE UFO LIGHTS MANEUVER OVER NORTH CAROLINA CATAWABA, NORTH CAROLINA On the night of 8/14/14 at approximately 8:48 pm, I was traveling south on Highway 10 in Catawba, NC. As I rounded a corner in the road, still facing south, I immediately saw three white-yellow-orange lights in a vertical form…

CRASHED ALIEN DISC AND HITLERS SS
    CRASHED ALIEN DISC AND HITLER'S SS - SUMMER 1937 CZERNICA GERMANY [ NOW TERRITORY OF POLAND ] "A multicolored ball or globe-shaped UFO was seen to fall in a field (or near a field) belonging to Eva Braun’s parents (this was the future mistress of Adolph Hitler) The area was cordoned off by SS-tro…

PHOTO OF A STRANGE UFO CRAFT OVER CANADA
    PHOTO OF A STRANGE CRAFT OVER CANADA Oshawa, Canada - 07-17-14 Today on Thursday while outside on our deck at home, I had this feeling once again inside me. Even a premonition to even get my wife’s glasses from inside the house. Reason being so I could point out another UFO to her should I spot o…

ARMY SOLDIER'S CLOSE ENCOUNTER IN VIETNAM
    U.S. ARMY SOLDIERS CLOSE ENCOUNTER IN VIETNAM MARCH 16, 1978 ........... MEKONG RIVER, VIETNAM The main witness who was on vessel security watch on this night and another crewman had both previously seen fireballs crossing over the river. So, on this night he decided to wave his flashligh…
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    I recall watching a UFO program 20 years ago featuring a young man (barely a teenager) who had started a UFO website called "The Black Vault".
    Over the past few decades, John Greenewald, Jr. has distinguished himself as a UFO historian and researcher.

I am happy to say John has agreed to allow reproduction of his newsletter here at TOP Forum.
    Enjoy!
    I remember that far back as well! It was one of the very first grass-roots efforts to bring honest reporting of UFOlogy and related matters to the internet. Congratulations to you for getting permission to re-publish the newsletter here at The OutPost Forum.

Blog Entries
    A recent update from our friends at "The Black Vault".

The following archives have been recently updated on The Black Vault

Agency Inspector General Reports and Investigations

Agencies periodically conduct their own special investigations and produce reports about certain allegations against their respective departments. For example, the CIA Inspector General produced a report regarding the allegations of the connection between the CIA and drug trafficking. Below, you will find reports and indexes that are relevant. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Inspector General CIA Inspector General Report of Investigation: …

Read more.
    ---

Conscientious Objection

Conscientious Objection Background A conscientious objector is an "individual who has claimed the right to refuse to perform military service" on the grounds of freedom of thought, conscience, disability or religion. In general, conscientious objector status is only considered in the context of military conscription and is not applicable to volunteer military forces. In an all volunteer military, the definition …

Read more.
    ---

Did the Obama Administration Lobby to Kill FOIA/Transparency Reform?

Background The following documents were obtained through a FOIA lawsuit by the Freedom of the Press Foundation. Below the documents, you will also find a copy of the original, and well documented, press release article, as published by the Freedom of the Press Foundation on March 18, 2016. Documents Released Justice Department's opposition to FOIA reform Additional Information This work …

Read more.
    ---

The CIA Records Search Tool (CREST) Manuals and Procedures

CREST Background The following is the background information on CREST, as supplied by the CIA. The automatic declassification provisions of Executive Order 13256 (formerly EO 12958, as amended) require the declassification of nonexempt historically valuable records 25 years or older. The EO was originally issued in April 1995 and via amendment established 31 December 2006 as the first major deadline …

Read more.
    ---

Gerald Ford Pushes for Congressional UFO Hearings in 1966

Background From 1947 - 1969, the United States Air Force conducted an "investigation" into the UFO phenomena. It began as Project Sign, Grudge and later became known by its more popular name as Project Blue Book. After only a few years into the project, the Air Force continually discredited UFO witnesses, cases and told the public most cases were generally …

Read more.
    ---

USAID's Pandemic Influenza and Other Emerging Threats (PIOET) Program

Background to the Pandemic Influenza and Other Emerging Threats (PIOET) Program Nearly 75 percent of all new, emerging, or re-emerging diseases affecting humans at the beginning of the 21st century are zoonotic (i.e. originated in animals). Notable reminders of how vulnerable the increasingly interconnected world is to the global impact of new emergent diseases include HIV/AIDS, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), …

Read more.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    A recent update from our friends at "The Black Vault".

Space - A Collection of Soviet Papers from the Early 1960s
    Background Space - A Collection of Articles The following foreign intelligence papers were received from the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) and were housed at the Foreign Technology Division (FTD) of Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB). It consists of early 1960s intelligence, of papers written by Soviet scientists, in regards to space related questions, such as, interstellar travel, extraterrestrial civilizations …

Read more.

Audit of the Handling of Firearms Purchase Denials Through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, September 2016
    Executive Summary Audit of the Handling of Firearms Purchase Denials Through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, September 2016 The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is used by Federal Firearms Licensees, importers, and manufacturers (collectively, “dealers”) to determine whether a prospective purchaser is legally prohibited from doing so. The process begins when the person provides a dealer …

Read more.

NSA Surveillance Program: PROMIS
    Background PROMIS is believed by some to be the forefunner to the now infamous "Prism" program by the National Security Agency (NSA). The "Prism" program was brought to light by leaker Edward Snowden, yet it is now coming to light, that a program has existed long before this new revelation. It was known as PROMIS. PROMIS is also the name …

Read more.

The GAM-63 RASCAL Missile
    Background The GAM-63 RASCAL is a supersonic Air-to-surface missile that was developed by the Bell Aircraft Company. The RASCAL was the United States Air Force's first nuclear armed standoff missile. The RASCAL was initially designated the ASM-A-2, then re-designated the B-63 in 1951 and finally re-designated the GAM-63 in 1955. The name RASCAL was the acronym for RAdar SCAnning Link, …

Read more.

FEMA's National Radio System (FNARS)

Background FNARS (FEMA National Radio System) is a FEMA high frequency (HF) radio network to provide a minimum essential emergency communications capability among Federal, State, local commonwealth, and territorial governments in times of national, natural and civil emergencies. Federal call signs for state emergency operations centers and FEMA facilities nationwide and are typically in the WGY### group. FEMA According to …
    Read more.

Ship Naming in the United States Navy, Published 2013
    Download the Report Ship Naming in the United States Navy, Published 2013 Background The Navy traces its ancestry to 13 October 1775, when an act of the Continental Congress authorized the first ship of a new navy for the United Colonies, as they were then known. The ships of the Continental Navy, and of the Navy later established under the …

Read more.
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    A recent Newsletter update from our friends at The Black Vault:

I wanted to write you directly about a new section on The Black Vault that will probably be of interest, which can be seen here:
    The Phyllis Budinger Collection.

I have been around the UFO field for a long time now, more than 20 years, starting when I was 15. I knew early on, SCIENTIFIC evidence lacked on many of the claims. As I got older, I started producing and writing documentaries for History Channel, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, etc., and I wanted to bring a new element to UFO documentaries -- ACTUAL SCIENCE.

Although it wasn't always there in everything we tackled, I was able to get a lot on TV that had never been on TV before.

In that process, I met Phyllis Budinger, an amazing analytical scientist who would challenge the wild and extraordinary claims -- in the laboratory.

She began, on her own dime, conducting scientific tests and analyses on supposed UFO artifacts, alien implants, angel hair and much more.

She and I have been friends for years -- and recently, she has allowed me to upload her collection of scientific reports that she has created. Some -- you laugh because the objects were very far off from paranormal. But with other reports -- there are scientific anomalies and/or questions that have yet to be explained.

Her work is fascinating... and it was an honor to help her get her work more recognition.

I applaud her efforts for being one of the rare scientists tackling the issue.

I hope you all enjoy! Visit the new section at: http://www.theblackvault.com/casefil...er-collection/

Sincerely,

John Greenewald, Jr.
    Owner/Founder
    The Black Vault

Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    And another update from our friends at The Black Vault:

U.S. Forest Service Declassified Their UFO Documents with Photos

The United States Forest Service (USFS) manages and protects 154 national forests and 20 grasslands in 43 states and Puerto Rico. The agency’s mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation’s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.

In November of 2016, I requested under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) all records pertaining to the UFO phenomena, including those reports submitted or witnessed by USFS personnel.

I received a packet of documents on February 7, 2017, which can be seen here
    They are fascinating!

Sincerely,

John Greenewald, Jr.
    Owner/Founder
    The Black Vault
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    A Newsletter update from our friends at THE BLACK VAULT:

March 2017

Rising to the Urgent Challenge Strategic Plan for Responding to Accelerating Climate Change, September 2010

Background As a Service and Department we must act decisively, recognizing that climate change threatens to exacerbate other existing pressures on the sustainability of our fish and wildlife resources. We must act boldly, without having all the answers, confident that we will learn and adapt as we go. And most importantly, we must act now, as if the future of …

Read more.
    ---

FDIC Circular 1023.1 - Procedures for Processing Freedom of Information Act Requests

Background The FOIA, enacted in 1966, generally provides that any person has a right to obtain access to federal agency records except to the extent that such records (or portions of them) are protected from public disclosure by one of nine exemptions or by one of three special law enforcement records exclusions. The Privacy Act of 1974 may also be …

Read more.

U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission - Tribal Protocol Manual

Background The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) recognizes the unique relationship that the Federal government has with Federally recognized Tribes. The NRC is committed to the development and implementation of agency policies and regulatory activities with Tribal implications. The “Tribal Protocol Manual” is intended to facilitate effective consultations and interactions between the NRC and Native American Tribes concerning activities within …

Read more.

Review of TSA Canine Program – Safety Incidents, Review Number 10-IRD-0002

Background This report provides the results of the Office of Inspection's (OOI) Review of the TSA Canine Program- Safety Incidents. The review was conducted at the request of the Acting Administrator, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as the result of a dog bite incident which occurred at the Denver International Airport, Denver, Colorado. The incident involved two Canine Transportation Security Inspector- Cargo …

Read more.

The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Government Shutdown Contingency Plan

Background According to the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO): When the United States needs eyes and ears in critical places where no human can reach – be it over the most rugged terrain or through the most hostile territory – it turns to the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching,

Read more.

IRS Congressional Liaison Officer Leonard Oursler Emails Regarding Donald Trump (October 2016 - February 2017)

Background According to the IRS: Leonard Oursler began his service with the IRS in October of 1997. His first position was leading a newly formed Congressional Outreach team in Legislative Affairs. In 2001 Leonard became the Chief of the Congressional Affairs Branch of Legislative Affairs. The Congressional Affairs Branch is responsible for coordinating all outreach activity with Congress and all …

Read more.
    ---

U.S.S. Liberty Attack

Introduction The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy motor torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War. The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 171 crew …

Read more.
    ---

Public Access to CDC Funded Publications, 07/15/2013

Background This policy requires CDC-funded peer-reviewed publications be preserved in a stable archive and made freely available to the public, health care and public health providers, educators, and scientists. These goals are accomplished through 1) information systems to archive CDC-funded documents and provide a searchable interface for public access; and 2) CDC-funded authors uploading final versions of the manuscripts to …

Read more.

The Black Vault
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries

The Black Vault
    April 2017 newsletter

FBI wants nearly $200,000 for the 3.9 Million page FBI File on Koch Industries

Background In March of 2017, I requested all records regarding Koch Industries. According to Wikipedia: Koch Industries, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Wichita, Kansas, United States, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading, and investments. It was founded as Wood River Oil and Refining Company in 1940, and later as Rock Island Oil & Refining Company. Koch also …

Read more.
    ---
    Army Denies Access to Congressional Budget Justification citing "... the unique FY17 and FY18 year in the budget world"
    Army Denies Access to Congressional Budget Justification citing "... the unique FY17 and FY18 year in the budget world"

Background On March 3, 2017, I requested the Congressional Budget Justification document for FY2018. Some agencies have not completed their document, but many claim they are posting them publicly when they are available. However, on March 15, 2017, I received what I believe is a denial to the request. It is a bit unclear what they are referring to, but …

Read more.
    ---
    James Comey is Fired: The Actual Documents
    James Comey is Fired: The Actual Documents

Background According to the White House press release on May 9, 2017: Today, President Donald J. Trump informed FBI Director James Comey that he has been terminated and removed from office. President Trump acted based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “The FBI is one of our Nation’s most cherished …

Read more.
    ---
    The U-2 Program
    The U-2 Program

Background The Lockheed U-2, nicknamed "Dragon Lady", is a single-engine, high-altitude aircraft flown by the United States Air Force and previously flown by the Central Intelligence Agency. It provides day and night, high-altitude (70,000 feet/21,000 metres), all-weather surveillance. The aircraft is also used for electronic sensor research and development, satellite calibration, and satellite data validation. The U-2 Flight Manual Central …

Read more.
    ---
    Operation Morning Light
    Operation Morning Light

Background Kosmos 954 (Russian: Космос 954) was a reconnaissance satellite launched by the Soviet Union in 1977. A malfunction prevented safe separation of its onboard nuclear reactor; when the satellite reentered the Earth's atmosphere the following year it scattered radioactive debris over northern Canada, prompting an extensive cleanup operation.The effort to recover radioactive material from the satellite was dubbed Operation …

Read more.
    ---
    The Army Did Not Implement Effective Controls To Maintain Visibility and Accountability of Iraq Train and Equip Fund Equipment, September 14, 2016
    The Army Did Not Implement Effective Controls To Maintain Visibility and Accountability of Iraq Train and Equip Fund Equipment, September 14, 2016

Background The DoD OIG conducted this audit, the third in a series of audits on property accountability in support of OIR, to determine whether the Army had effective controls for processing and transferring ITEF equipment to the Iraqi government. The audit found that Army commands documented procedures for processing and transferring ITEF equipment to the Iraqi government. However, the 1st …

Read more.
    ---
    A Report Card on the Department of Energy's Nonproliferation Programs with Russia, dated January 10, 2001 - by Howard Baker, Lloyd Cutler
    A Report Card on the Department of Energy's Nonproliferation Programs with Russia, dated January 10, 2001 - by Howard Baker, Lloyd Cutler

Background Since the breakup of the Soviet Union, we have witnessed the dissolution of an empire having over 40,000 nuclear weapons, over a thousand metric tons of nuclear materials, vast quantities of chemical and biological weapons materials, and thousands of missiles. This Cold War arsenal is spread across I I time zones and lacks the Cold War infrastructure that provided …

Read more.

Attachment 1008