Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Errors

Forum Errors

Hi,

It seems the forum is acting up a bit. I can see a consistent error upon login. It says a redirect error to forum.php immediately after login. (Rather than the welcome message)

I also noticed the site is freezing up a bit since last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    Hi,

It seems the forum is acting up a bit. I can see a consistent error upon login. It says a redirect error to forum.php immediately after login. (Rather than the welcome message)

I also noticed the site is freezing up a bit since last night.
    Yes, the forum is responding slowly today.

There appears to be a heavy load on the server.

We're looking into it.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Hmm,

I just added a post to this thread explaining another bug....and the post disappeared?

If you don't press "remember me" at login, it appears the automatic redirect starts wth a "thank you for login...etc" and ends in a final redirect to a prompt to reenter your password and user name again.

If you press "remember me" then it stays logged in. (same session lasting about 30 seconds between redirects)

Yes, two more people have reported similar issues with having to log in again.

We've checked the settings of the software on the server, and those are as they should be and are not the cause.

We're investigating further.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Fore View Post
    Hmm,
    If you don't press "remember me" at login, it appears the automatic redirect starts wth a "thank you for login...etc" and ends in a final redirect to a prompt to reenter your password and user name again.

If you press "remember me" then it stays logged in. (same session lasting about 30 seconds between redirects)
    That's a cookie issue Fore

Clear your temp internet files/cookies and that should solve it

Quote Originally Posted by Musado View Post
    That's a cookie issue Fore

Clear your temp internet files/cookies and that should solve it
    Did as you requested but the second bug still shows up.

I am going to clear it out again and try to replicate the first bug.

The two bugs persist even when clearing the browser cache, cookies and browsing history.

Using a different browser if the one that one is always using slows down also helps too.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

I have noticed a very annoying forum error. For some peculiar reason, sometimes when my comments appear on the board, they seem to be silly and childish, even boardering on plain stupid.

I hope this posting bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Using a different browser if the one that one is always using slows down also helps too.
    If you refer to the slowdown it happened on a different laptop running firefox 7.

The bug was finally reported when the persistent slowdown continued when using IE 9 on a desktop...several hours later.

Diagnosing problems is not a difficult thing to perform (for me).

@ Solflickan

Did you try changing what you think about when engaged in post writing?
    Last edited by Fore; 12-14-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Error in Stated Firefox verison