Thread: Tall Grays Encounter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tall Grays Encounter

Hello everyone. I got the notification of this new forum and since there aren't many threads in this category, I decided I would go ahead and share my experience.

I've been a member on another paranormal forum for about two years now. I've been doing a lot of reading about this phenomenon since then.

Prior to my joining the online UFO community I tried to put it out of my mind and was a big-time skeptic because that is what society demanded of me. If you are a thinking intelligent person without a mental illness, you are expected not to believe in this stuff. I failed to remember however a childhood incident I had- which has greatly trouble me since it happened. I didn't really forget it mind you, it wasn't blocked from my memory- I simply did not think about it... until one fateful day when I quit my job and was watching TV, and depressed because I couldn't find another job. As I was flipping through the channels, I came across an episode of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. At that moment, it all started coming back to me... and I began to wonder...

I know I was eight years old when it happened. The only reason I know I was eight years old is because I told a lot of my the other kids at school about it. I told anyone who would listen to me about the monsters I saw in my living room one night.Every time I would tell the story I would start it with, "When I was eight..." This is why I am certain of how old I was when it happened... because I remember telling the story...

<ahem>

One night when I was 8, I was watching TV with my parents. It was a typical evening. Every night my parents would have their nightcaps and sit in the living room and watch old sitcoms. This is a night time activity which they to this day still partake in almost 20 years later... except my mother doesn't drink anymore, she'll sip a diet cola or a diet root beer now instead.

Anyhow... it was a typical evening at home. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened that I am aware of at least. My sister was already in our shared bedroom reading a book and my parents and I were relaxing in the living room. We had a large sectional sofa. My mother was seated at one end of it, and I was lying down on my right side at the other end with my head on a pillow.

I remember lying there watching the screen, a little sleepy but not overly sleepy(I wouldn't have admitted it if anyone had asked me lol). All of a sudden, my eyes were closed. I was shocked. I'm not one of those people who can just nod off without trying to do so. Even when I was eight I was puzzled by this. I felt groggy, like I had been in deep sleep for hours, but had not gotten sufficient sleep from it.

I was eventually able to open my eyes although it was very difficult. That was when I saw the monsters standing in the living room...

There were three or four of them. I want to say four, but I could only see three because the fourth was standing behind the one closest to me. I was fairly certain he/she was there though because I saw movement...

The beings were standing kind of in a disorganized circle. The one who was standing closest to me had his back to me and was facing the wall on the other side of the living room. He was maybe 5 feet away from me. Another one was standing to his left a little out to the left. That one had his/her right arm hanging down by his/her side and the fingers were all curled up in a relaxed sort of pose. The third one was standing in the place between the gap of the first and second one I described and I could see him/her clearly. They were all looking at one another and making small gestures with their hands, turning their heads from one to the other. The impression I had was that they were having a conversation, but there were no words being spoken.

They were very tall (from my lying down perspective, I'm not sure exactly HOW tall, I just perceived them to be tall... taller than me...) and extremely thin. They were not wearing any clothing and they did not have any hair on top of their large heads. They were gray colored and their arms were disproportionately long as were their fingers. I was staring at the second one's arm and fingers in horror. I couldn't look away from that part of its body. It seriously bothered me and it was seriously scary...

I wanted more than anything in the world at that moment to scream for my mom, to leap up off the sofa and run to my parents' bedroom and wake them up, but I was unable to do ANYTHING. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. I couldn't do ANYTHING... this realization only served to worsen the fear.

After a few minutes of panic, I calmed down. I suddenly realized that they were not paying any attention to me at all- as though they were not aware of my presence. I was immediately relieved when I realized this and I began to relax somewhat, my mind became clearer now that it was more free of the paralyzing panic I had been in. I decided they just wanted to have a little chat in my living room and they were going to finish their little chat then they were going to go away back to wherever it was that they came from and everything would be OK. I clung to this idea... until...

The one who was standing closest to me turned his head and looked over his left shoulder... his gaze fell on ME. There was NO question about it. He was looking directly at ME. The panic came back. Oh no!! Oh God!!

He turned his head back to the others, and I just knew he was telling the others I was there. I just knew it! Now though, looking back on it, I'm pretty darn sure they already knew I was there to begin with...

My mind began to race again. What were they going to do now that they had discovered me? Were they going to kill me? Were they going to take me away and I would never see my home ever again? Were they going to eat me alive??? All these irrational terrible thoughts were racing through my head.

The one who was standing closest to me turned his head around and looked over his left shoulder once again, his gaze falling on me again. He then turned his whole body counter clockwise and was facing me. I remember him starting to walk towards my paralyzed body on the sofa... and then there is a memory gap there. When I told the story to the other kids at school I said he got down on his knees on the floor in front of me... but I don't really remember that now... all I remember is seeing him start to walk towards me... then BAM. He was RIGHT IN MY FACE!!

His eyes were huge and black. His face was so close to mine all I could see was his face. I couldn't see the others anymore, I couldn't see the TV or the walls or the ceiling or anything... just his face. It filled up my field of vision completely!!

I was more terrified than I had been before times ten! OMG!!

It seemed he was staring at me forever with this intense look, like he was focusing all of his attention on me. I was naked. I was vulnerable. I was his. He could do whatever he wanted to me and I could not do anything at all. He held me helpless with his gaze and I thought I was surely going to die of fright at any moment.

I then saw something out of the corner of my left eye. Something that appeared to me as a finger. It was long, thin, the same color as his face, and rounded at the tip. It was so close to my face it was all blurry, so I'm not really 100% certain of what it was, but I perceived it at the time to be a "finger".

The finger moved from the lower left corner of my field of vision towards m nose, then it moved up towards my forehead and I was following it with my eyes in horror. The whole time this finger was moving, those eyes were still behind it staring intensely at me with an unwavering stare.

For weeks after the incident whenever I would close my eyes I would see that face and it frightened me. The image was burned into my memory and gave me horrible nightmares... and yet now when I try to remember it all I can recall are vague details. For example, I couldn't tell you what the eyes were shaped like. Others have said they are almond shaped... but I want to say his were oval shaped. I'm not really sure how accurate that is... but I know they were very big and solid black...

I felt the finger touch me in the center of my forehead. As soon as I felt that light touch it was as if someone had flipped off a light switch. My whole body turned into Jello and my eyes closed instantly at that same moment. I had the sensation of floating and I did not like it one bit. I struggled to snap myself out of this trance but I could not do it! I was fighting it with every ounce of mental strength I had and it was not enough. I couldn't resist the mind control... he was too strong...

My thoughts began to slow down and fade away. All those panic stricken thoughts of what he was going to do to me and why just sort of faded away...

I then "heard" a "voice". It wasn't really a sound though, it was in my actual mind. It was very loud and very clear. It had my entire attention focused on it. It was everything in my reality. It was everywhere in my reality. It was my ENTIRE reality...

It was a low tenor man's voice. This is why I call him a he... because of the "voice". The voice said the following, and I quote because I remember precisely word for word what he said to me:

"Everything is going to be alright. You are going to go to sleep now..." completely devoid of any type of emotion. It was like a science teacher telling you about the facts of nature. No feeling at all. Very inhuman to be sure. I began to feel confused and groggy again and felt like I was drifting away... then the voice continued, "...and when you wake up this will all seem like a dream..."

BAM! The next thing I was aware of, I was lying in my bed in the bedroom I shared with my older sister. Just like that. BAM.

I sat up in bed and looked around all paranoid. Where did they go? Are they gone?! I looked over at my sister who was lying flat on her back sound asleep with her right arm sticking out over the side of her twin sized bed. My sister and I never really got along, and I was usually not happy to see her ever, but I was VERY happy to see her at that moment. Relief washed over me. I was finally safe!

I jumped up out of bed and ran down the hallway to the kitchen, running as fast as I could. Apparently my mother heard me running because when I came out of the hallway I noticed she was staring at me with a puzzled expression on her face. I ran to the kitchen table where both of my parents were seated. My father had the newspaper spread out on the table in front of him and a smoldering cigarette was in the ash tray next to his hand. My mothers hands were wrapped around her coffee mug and the morning radio news was on in the background just like every morning.

"What's the matter?" my mother asked me, concerned. I'm sure my eyes were about as big around as lemons...

The first words out of my mouth were these exact words, "Did you guys take me to bed last night?!"

My mother tilted her head, puzzled, and said, "No... we left you on the sofa. You were there when we got up this morning though so we figured you had gone to bed..."

That was NOT what I wanted to hear. That was the exact opposite of what I wanted her to say to me! I was NOT happy with her response at all... because it could mean only one thing...

It wasn't a dream.

I got hysterical and babbled to both of my parents about the monsters in the living room. I told them what had happened... shaking and on the verge of crying.

My father finally looked over at me from his newspaper. He forcefully told me to stop it. He said, "You had a bad dream. Forget about it. There is no reason to get excited over a bad dream. Stop it!"

I argued with him. I said, "No! It wasn't a dream!"

"STOP IT!" he said. "Go bother your sister."

I closed my mouth and sighed, defeated. I never brought it up with them again...

Thanks for reading.

Hi Lorelei,

Thanks for joining and for sharing your story with us. You write well.

Is that the only incident you can remember?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Welcome to the OutPost, lorelie!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us in such clear and vivid detail.

As you may be aware, that kind of extremely close staring is commonly reported. I wonder if you may have experienced any other strange events that might not appear to be UFO related?
    The OutPost Forum - "Breaking the Boundaries of Science, Exploring the Frontier of Understanding"

Lorelei, thank you for sharing that story. Have you ever read about Charles Hall and the Tall Whites? Hall was in the USAF at Indian Springs, NV which other sources mention as an alternative location for extraterrestrial hardware. Indian Springs is north of Las Vegas at the bottom of the huge tract of government land that contains Area 51. I have been camping and exploring around there and it is very remote. charles Hall's story is very detailed and you may find something in it to relate to or that is similar to your memories.

Garuda: I remember some other strange incidents in my life and a few more have happened since them. I've been keeping a log on another forum about the strange experiences I have had... there are lots of them...

The thing is though, I am an active sleepwalker (have been since I can remember) and a lot of the strange nighttime occurrences I've had can be explained by sleepwalking...

I also suffer from frequent sleep paralysis. I've had it since I was 17... I usually get it once a month or every other month... last month though I had a terrible bout of it which lasted about four days. During this time I had a very vivid lucid nightmare of standing in the bathroom, then my feet floated up off of the floor and behind me, so I was hanging in mid-air facing the floor, then my whole body shot upwards toward the ceiling at a frightening speed. I woke myself up screaming again... something I have done rather often...

I've seen two UFOs in my lifetime, once when I was about 12 while riding on the school bus... it was a daytime sighting. It was a classic highly reflective silvery metallic disc hovering in the air really far away... the only reason why my attention was drawn to it was because the light from the sun was glinting off of it very brightly... the other sighting occurred the February before last. I saw a HUGE black triangle with three white lights in each corner glide over the highway in front of me and was completely silent... it was dark outside too... I wouldn't have known it was there if it wasn't for the white lights... it was following the highway North and was going about 40-50 mph...

I live in the woods in a rural area. Earlier this winter I saw a weird blue light off in the woods at 2 o'clock in the morning. Shortly after it appeared, an orange light appeared to the right of it. They stayed on for about a minute, then both abruptly disappeared at the same moment...

I've been plagued by nightmares which started when I was a teenager also. Nightmares about seeing strange lights through the windows of the house and running around in the house trying to find a place to hide... the last time I had this dream was 3 years ago, and thank goodness I've not had it again since...

Lee: Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I have learned (much to my shock and horror) that others have reported this staring as well. I did not know that before a couple years ago... and yet my memory still is of him getting up in my face and staring at me... more confirmation for me that it was NOT a dream and something definitely IS going on...

Doc: I have not heard of the man, but I will do some internet research on him when I have more time... thank you for the information!

Lots of weird happenings... lots of weird nightmares and lots of weird dreams throughout my entire life. I always would just shake my head and say to myself, "Oh I've been reading too many books..." or "Oh I've watched too many episodes of the X-Files." and all of the rationalizing one can possibly do. Trust me, I've done it.

The memory from when I was eight is the only time I consciously remember something weird happening in my house... other than one night when I was about 20 and the TV turned itself on one night and weird white symbols started scrolling across the screen. They looked like Viking runes almost. Most people who have had encounters with ETs will say it looks like hieroglyphics, but these did not. Viking style runes. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning i see these strange marks on the walls of my room and they gradually fade away as I become more awake. I've not seen them in awhile though, but for about two years there I was seeing them almost every morning when I woke up... perhaps it's my sleep disorder... perhaps it's a memory trying to come out... who knows... ~shrug~ ...but it only happens when I first wake up in the morning...

I posted this before:

My mother tilted her head, puzzled, and said, "No... we left you on the sofa. You were there when we got up this morning though so we figured you had gone to bed..."

I meant to type "You weren't there when we got up this morning"... lol.. that makes a lot more sense, doesn't it?

I was really tired and I had just woken up when I posted it. I also type very fast, about 100 wpm so I made a lot of errors on that first post. Please forgive me.