Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tall Grays Encounter

Thank you so much for this thread.
    This is very interesting, because something similar happened to me at age 5.
    You are fortunate that you remember so many details.

Welcome, Zaradia! I glad you found a topic you like.

Zaradia, I'd like to read about your experience too, if you're willing to share it that is.

lorelei- i read this thread as it developed but then the holidays came in like a tidal wave, so forgive me if this was addressed previously. Does the word "Sulfur" mean anything to you in regards to your experiences?
    MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF STARS

Quote Originally Posted by nibs View Post
    lorelei- i read this thread as it developed but then the holidays came in like a tidal wave, so forgive me if this was addressed previously. Does the word "Sulfur" mean anything to you in regards to your experiences?
    It's fine. The holidays can be very stressful. No need to ask for forgiveness.

I can't say that "sulfur" means anything to me in regards to my experiences. I know a lot of people have reported smelling sulfur during their experiences, but I do not recall any such scent... it does seem however that I am blocking a lot of them out. Who knows what lurks deep within my subconscious mind...

Hey guys, I'm back after awhile. Lots of interesting threads posted on here since my last visit.

I just thought I'd stop by again and fill you in on a couple things that have happened to me during the last 3 days.

It seems I am continuing to have odd experiences again... either that or it is a product of my own imagination, which is entirely possible.

Two nights ago, I was sitting in the living room at about 9:30 pm Alaska time watching videos on youtube when I saw a bright white light blink on off on the woods towards my neighbor's house. I thought, wow that's weird... it was in the wrong place to be their porch light and was too bright and too white colored to be one of their vehicles. I reached for my cell phone camera to take a photo, but as soon as I had grabbed my phone, the light blinked out.

Darkness.

~sigh~

So I continued to look out that window, waiting to see if something else happened with my cell phone at the ready. Nothing. I closed the phone up and set it down.

As soon as I set the phone down, the light blinked on again and began flashing/strobing rapidly and grew to be TWICE as bright as it had been before. It flashed for a good four seconds, by the time I had opened up my cell phone again it vanished once more and did not come back on.

It was rather strange for sure.

Last night, I went to bed early and woke up full of energy and excited for some reason. I felt like it was 7 am and I was ready to get up and start doing my chores around the house. I got a new toy yesterday you see, a new vacuum cleaner and I get excited over silly stuff like that .

I got out of bed and wandered down the hall in my pajamas and saw that it was actually only 2 am. ~sigh~

So, I got myself a cup of coffee and played on the internet for a few hours. Before I knew it it was 5 am and my father had gotten up for his coffee. I went back to bed and soon found myself in sleep paralysis again.

This is the first episode I've had in about 3 months I think, I had a great little break form it for awhile, but here we go again.

I spent all morning between 5 am and 8 am when I finally woke up for good drifting in and out of consciousness every ten minutes or so and experiencing sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, a couple of normal nightmares interrupted by what some might call "flashbacks" of possible abduction scenarios. I haven't had these "flashbacks" in several months but they seem to have started up again for me...

I don't remember all of the details of the sleep paralysis, I just vaguely recall it and that was the episode that triggered all of the other episodes... I "woke up" and couldn't move again, struggled to move as I always do in an attempt to snap myself out of it, and then I finally woke up. Tried to go back to sleep on my back again (stoopid, I should know better than that after about 10 years of dealing with the "Old Hag"... sleeping on one's back is a dumb thing to do because it makes it far more likely to have sleep paralysis, even though I have had it on my side before too...) and found myself in this predicament once more.

I don't remember any vivid hallucinations from the first two episodes of sleep paralysis. No voices, no hands touching me, no weird noises, couldn't open my eyes. It wasn't that scary which is a good thing. I did however hear my electric fan pulsing as I was drifting off to sleep prior to each episode, which is a normal thing. The second time, I just knew it would happen again because I heard the fan pulsing but I was too sleepy and lazy to roll over...

Now, I admit I don't remember the exact order of these things, but this is what I remember. Bits and pieces.

I had a "flashback". I was standing in the front doorway to my family home looking out into the dark woods which surround the house. There was a bright circle of light that was very large off to my right and up, but I could not see the source of this light because the awning of the house was blocking my view of it. I was just standing there in the open doorway, frozen in horror. My vantage point was that of a shorter person. I was probably around 14 maybe... not really sure. Just a wild guess really... the door frame was a lot bigger than it normally is now you see so yea...

I was looking at this bright circle of light as it illuminated part of the trees in the darkness, almost like a spotlight... then the whole woods lit up like it was daytime! I was absolutely horrified, then the "flashback" vanished and I woke up again.

Taking a deep breath, I rolled over to my other side and tried to go back to sleep again.

I then had a nightmare about a giant black hornet which flew into my old childhood bedroom through the door to the hallway, the bedroom I slept in until I came back from college. It was when I was at least 18 years old because the walls had already been painted purple (they were a pale blue-green until I was 18...) and my sister wasn't there so she had already eloped (which she did when I was about 17) when this dream took place I suppose... ~shrug~ I was lying in my old twin sized bed watching this HUGE hornet buzzing around the room. He flew over to my sister's side of the room and got caught in a spiderweb in the corner on the ceiling. He struggled, I could see his legs squirming to get free because he was so large even though he was far away from me and he got loose and shot off like a bullet towards my bed. I woke up in a cold sweat.

I went back to sleep again, and had a lucid dream but I don't remember any details of it...

This "flashback" is the most disturbing one I had this morning... I opened my eyes and saw I was lying down on my right side and I saw the edge of a shiny metal looking table (gag... how many abductees remember the infamous metal table?? I've never had any flashes or flashbacks of a metal table before this one... ever!) I saw the edge of the table. In front of me was a wall covered in white cabinets with what looked like wood tripped edges, almost like kitchen cabinets. They were all closed. I was woozy and disoriented and looking at the cabinets half consciously, not really registering what I was looking at... nothing more than a vague sense of consciousness... then I noticed something that had probably been there for quite some time that I had not registered in my mind. It was like it had just appeared right in front of my face without my noticing at first... but I knew it had already been there... just was not aware of it before when it registered if that makes any sense... it was the face of one of my teddy bears I keep in my bedroom. It's a pale blonde color with little beady black eyes... it was staring right at me, completely motionless. I couldn't see its neck, it's like it was just tall enough for its chin to be resting comfortably on top of the metal table... but it wasn't. I could just see the face from the chin up... I was absolutely horrified at the face of an inanimate man-made soft object which brings me comfort... how absurd!

I woke up again in a cold sweat... and that's all I really remember other than a dream where I went into my parents bedroom and got in bed with them...

Those are some very interesting experiences you had, Lorelei. I have never had anything noteworthy like that happen to me but I have had times when I drifted in and out of sleep and felt like I could not move. Not actually sleep paralysis, I don't think. There have been other times when I could not be sure if something was a dream or something was real. Most of the time I can tell the difference but once in a while... Sometimes I know I am confusing two memories while I am dozing and I can sort that out when I fully wake up. Have you ever had a real life experience that might account for the metal table flashback? A hospital or doctor's examining room? I had flashbacks of a post surgery stitch removal that hurt so bad I might have bent the table. Over the years that memory got confused with other real events. Is there any resemblance in what I have had happen to what you experience?r

Well Doc, I've had some surgeries before in the past, but I don't ever remember a metal table incident. I remember cushioned hospital gurneys and those cushioned tables with paper on them in exam rooms... but never a metal table per say... I have seen them before in the vet's office though when I used to take my dog in for a checkup every now and then... that's the only time I've ever seen a metal table in a doctor's office type setting... I have worked in several restaurants before as a prep cook too and a lot of industrial kitchens have metal food prep tables... who knows where this came from.

The subconscious mind can conjure up some interesting things at times.

I'm not sure what to make of these "dreams" or "flashes" I had last night to be honest. It could be anything... could be I was reading abduction stories before I went to bed again... could have been caused by almost anything. I just don't know. ~shrug~

The bright light experience, though, was a waking experience, right? If that happened to me I would be more confident in that than in things that happened when I was trying to sleep and might be dreaming.

Please don't think I'm disputing your experiences, I am interested and trying to get a clear understanding of what you are writing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The bright light experience, though, was a waking experience, right? If that happened to me I would be more confident in that than in things that happened when I was trying to sleep and might be dreaming.

Please don't think I'm disputing your experiences, I am interested and trying to get a clear understanding of what you are writing. Thanks.
    I don't think you are disputing my experiences any more than I already dispute them with myself Doc. I know I've had a hand full of experiences which I remember which could not have been dreams... but the vast majority of them could have been dreams... I really don't know for sure to be honest.

Apparently some people on "some other forum" were talking about my posts on another forum and making fun of me and saying I was one of a few "Hard Core Abductees" which simply is not true. I'm not really sure what that person meant by "Hard Core Abductee" to be honest... perhaps it's because I believe that at least 10 of my experiences which I recall I am certain were not "dreams" and I suppose that makes me "Hard Core" in his/her mind for some reason.

I mean yea, I'm skeptical of a lot of stories (not all of them) people post on the internet, and I'm somewhat skeptical of my own as well sometimes... it just seems that I have far much more in common with other "abductees" than I am comfortable with, and this has been making me wonder about it a lot recently...

Like I said, the human subconscious mind is capable of a lot of interesting things when it lies in a sleep state... or in a semi-sleep state too... but I'm just not really sure this is all that has been going on in my head... ya know what I mean? I mean yea skeptics will say yes this is all just my sleep problems, yes it's just nightmares, yes it's just misidentifying a light off in the woods... but what if it isn't? What if it's not my imagination?

It's a very perplexing thing for sure.

If you doubt me and my experiences, that's entirely up to you, as long as you are polite about it, it doesn't bother me in the least.

And yes, the light I saw off in the woods happened while I was awake. I was not asleep when I saw it. It was there. The question is, what was it? It could not have been a car that's for sure, and it could not have been a flashlight...