Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air Force UFO files hit the web

Quote Originally Posted by CasperParks View Post
    I recall the first one at the lake was not reported until my second sighting. When the report was filed of my field sighting, the one at the lake was included. An army office arrived, driving a green standard army four door sedan. The stare he gave me from a distance could have been, "why did I drive out here for this - or I've got better things to do than this".
    The Army had no authority to be investigating UFO reports, how is it that they became involved? Was the Army Officer perhaps really adjunct to the CIA ?

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    The Army had no authority to be investigating UFO reports, how is it that they became involved? Was the Army Officer perhaps really adjunct to the CIA ?
    I have no idea why army. He was wearing a dress green officer's uniform. The car was army green sedan. Do not know what his rank was. His uniform did not have any type of rank on the selves or shoulder arm. I was not near enough to see any type of rank on his lapels. Did not notice any thing on his dress-hat. The car had no markings, but it was clearly military issue.

This was in Allegan county, roughly ten to twenty miles as the crow flies from Lake Michigan. I did not know it at the time, but SW Michigan is known for UFO sightings.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 01-23-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Army and Air Force used to be together as one branch of the Armed Forces. Perhaps they overlapped even longer when it came to UFO investigations.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Army and Air Force used to be together as one branch of the Armed Forces. Perhaps they overlapped even longer when it came to UFO investigations.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    Everything that I have ever read is that the services when they had the great shake up in 1947 separating the Army and Army Air Force broke cleanly and completely. What I have also read is that there were dual allegiance officers who while assigned to one of the DOD's services were actually serving the CIA at the same time, sometimes on book with the service and sometimes forced to retire ten work for the CIA.. Study how Gary Powers went from the USAF to the CIA and you will see what I mean. The Blue book reports that I have heard about were only done by the USAF. There does seem to have been a separate program where there were also Army and Navy investigations when involving their own service members. Some mentions of these instances were made in the Condon study of UFOs. There also seems to have been some investigations by men in suits, maybe still in service, notably the "Men in Black."

I have here a breakout of the Canadian portion of the report. I had to adjust for the Canadian areas being in square kilometers in order to integrate it in the future into the data from the U.S. observations. One can see that Ontario and British Columbia have an abundance of reports. The East Coast provinces have a relatively low reporting of sightings despite their higher population density. Correcting for the vast nothingness of the Northwest provinces we find that they are actually reporting a relatively larger rate of sightings despite their low population density. Were the UFOs uniformly distributed to investigate the land area, there would be a low reportage in the Northwest, not a high relative rate of sightings. We therefore can believe that the UFOs either want to be seen or they do not care and are specifically are observing the human population, and that that explains the observations.

Provence Population Density Density Rank UFO Report Normalized UFO Report Normalized Ranking

Prince Edward Isld. .............63.86........................1....... ..............23.......................0.36....... ..........................13 .

Nova Scotia........................45.10............... .........2...................172.................. .....3.81..................................12 .
    Ontario ..............................36.64 .......................3 ................1841.....................50.56.... ...............................4 .

New Brunswick....................27.26................ ........4...................146................... ....5.36..................................11 .

Quebec...............................15.09........ ................5...................314........... ..........20.81................................... 9 .

Alberta................................14.75...... .................6...................406.......... ...........27.53.................................. ..8 .

British Columbia...................12.35.................. .....7...................920...................... 74.49...................................3 .

Manitoba...............................5.67....... ................8...................181........... ...........31.92.................................. .7 .

Saskatchewan........................4.55.......... .............9...................161.............. ........35.39...................................6 .

Newfoundland - Lab................3.60......................10... .................33.......................9.17.... ..............................10 .

Yukon....................................0.18..... .................11....................7.......... ............38.89................................. ...5 .

Northwest Territory.................0.90.................... ..12...................23....................255.5 6....................................2 .

Nunavut.................................0.04...... ...............13...................14............ .........350.00................................... 1 .
    Last edited by majicbar; 01-23-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    CNN's story on the release:

Air Force UFO files land on Internet

By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN

It's enough to make Mulder and Scully seethe with envy.

Nearly 130,000 pages of declassified Air Force files on UFO investigations and sightings are now available in one place online.

Declassified government records about UFOs have long existed on microfilm in the National Archives in Washington, DC. Many of them also live on websites devoted to the topic, sometimes free, sometimes not.

But UFO enthusiast John Greenewald says his database, Project Blue Book Collection, is the first to compile every single declassified document from the Blue Book project -- headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio from 1947 to 1969 -- in one place for anyone to search or download for free.

The collection consists of files from Project Blue Book, Project Sign and Project Grudge, the names given to official investigations into unidentified flying objects by the United States military.

Greenewald's efforts are not motivated by a close encounter or personal experience with unidentified flying objects. He says he's just driven by curiosity.

"I'm a history buff. I think this stuff should be accessible," he said. "Secrets are not bad things; I think we should know about this and it should be in history books."

Greenewald started requesting information related to Project Blue Book through the Freedom of Information Act 15 years ago. His interest was piqued by the first case he received information on about a 1970 UFO incident in Iran, after Project Blue Book ended.

"It defied explanation," he said, "and 5,000 FOIAs later my curiosity hasn't gone away."

The collection contains 10,000 PDFs, each representing a different case. The files include the details of some of the most famous UFO cases, including the Exeter incident, the Kenneth Arnold sighting and the Mantell crash.

Still, Greenewald believes the contents are "just the tip of the iceberg."
    Story Continues
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    I'm trying to recall how this worked. If I remember correctly, UFO reports were shared with the Army so they could then do a military threat assessment.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I'm trying to recall how this worked. If I remember correctly, UFO reports were shared with the Army so they could then do a military threat assessment.
    That does make sense.

I looked it up, there is an Army Reserve in Grand Rapids, several army reserved training centers near Kalamazoo and Air National Guard in Battle Creek. It is possible he had simply put on an army uniform. In reality, he could have been attached to another agency. The report was taken seriously. He drove to the camp, spoke with the director and two collage age counselors. His claim "It was an experimental helicopter" likely a canned response.

This youtube seems to cover many points discussed here. A bit unusual but there just the same!

A short, under 10 minutes; this account is from 'Harley Byrd':

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    This youtube seems to cover many points discussed here. A bit unusual but there just the same!

A short, under 10 minutes; this account is from 'Harley Byrd':

And Thor became discouraged and went back to Venus?
    Oh boy. Hard to take serious.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008