Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The mystery of the lights on Ceres

Here is a direct link to that GIF:

There are two "bright spots," watch their interaction with the Sun and shadow. Use your refresh button to restart the GIF.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Maybe . . .

I think many are researching for something more like this...

Could we be there already, with the likes of stories of the secret space programs...?

or active contactees ...?

...not enough Disclosure just yet...!

Why?

...Fear and misunderstanding...

~

Blog Entries
    Scientists are now finding that the bright lights on Ceres are creating a mini atmosphere within the confines of the crater

http://m.space.com/30054-dwarf-plane...pr=17610706465

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Scientists are now finding that the bright lights on Ceres are creating a mini atmosphere within the confines of the crater

This is getting weirder and weirder.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    This is getting weirder and weirder.
    I'll agree...

One would think, the probe would've been detected and the lights turned out - or at this point, if it is an alien base perhaps this group of aliens do not care if they are noticed or not - or the probe was not detected.

Additional exploration of Ceres is justified.
    Last edited by CasperParks; 07-28-2015 at 07:21 AM.

I believe that the ice volcano explanation will be found to be the answer to these "lights". The ices may be water, ammonia or a number of other chemistries that are being forced to the surface from underground reservoirs. Ceres was undoubtedly built of an amalgamation of early solar system objects from asteroids to comets which would feed underground "seas" once Ceres had a chance to evolve over 3 to 4 billion years. Ceres is indeed a very interesting place, worthy of continuing observation and study.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    I believe that the ice volcano explanation will be found to be the answer to these "lights". The ices may be water, ammonia or a number of other chemistries that are being forced to the surface from underground reservoirs. Ceres was undoubtedly built of an amalgamation of early solar system objects from asteroids to comets which would feed underground "seas" once Ceres had a chance to evolve over 3 to 4 billion years. Ceres is indeed a very interesting place, worthy of continuing observation and study.
    I've thought of this too but at the same time I asked myself if these processes are indeed going on why would it be so localized and not more abundant?

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I've thought of this too but at the same time I asked myself if these processes are indeed going on why would it be so localized and not more abundant?

Edward
    As I imagine it a large comet got buried, or was the impactor that caused the crater that it is located in, if you look at the overall surface of Ceres there are other quite bright areas, so I suspect that maybe a quarter or more of the craters were comet impactors. It will be interesting to see what the experts say once all the mapping and various sensors have gathered all the data at Ceres. I think that the Rosetta Mission's observations of that comet complex will tell us a lot about the comet/asteroids that reside in our solar system.

Colorful new maps of Ceres, based on data from NASA's Dawn spacecraft, showcase a diverse topography, with height differences between crater bottoms and mountain peaks as great as 9 miles (15 kilometers).

Scientists continue to analyze the latest data from Dawn as the spacecraft makes its way to its third mapping orbit.

"The craters we find on Ceres, in terms of their depth and diameter, are very similar to what we see on Dione and Tethys, two icy satellites of Saturn that are about the same size and density as Ceres. The features are pretty consistent with an ice-rich crust," said Dawn science team member Paul Schenk, a geologist at the Lunar and Planetary Institute, Houston.

Some of these craters and other features now have official names, inspired by spirits and deities relating to agriculture from a variety of cultures. The International Astronomical Union recently approved a batch of names for features on Ceres.

The newly labeled features include Occator, the mysterious crater containing Ceres' brightest spots, which has a diameter of about 60 miles (90 kilometers) and a depth of about 2 miles (4 kilometers). Occator is the name of the Roman agriculture deity of harrowing, a method of leveling soil.

http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/dawn/new-nam...ights-at-ceres

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astro...&rid=246403664

Details on mid altitude orbit, Dawn in January 2016 will go to a lower orbit which should give greater detail of these points of interest.