Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rendlesham Forest Encounter, updates to Burroughs' Story

Blog Entries
    I was looking at the Rendelsham thread and I saw that there wasn't anything about Kit Green's recent comments. I think what he said about why John Burroughs' medical records are classified is very important to the case. It could explain why the craft was there.

It has been rumored (and I've heard that some have confirmed it) that there were live nuclear missiles on that base. They weren't supposed to be there and it was basically illegal. Supposedly the craft sent a beam into the ground. I think that whatever the craft did caused the missiles to leak. This is what caused Burroughs' radiation burns, not the UFO itself. And this is why his medical records are still classified.

Rendelsham is a modern day "Malstrom" and therefore makes UFOs a security problem. It's the 700 pound gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

add note: The following dozen posts were part of a private staff debate that was deemed interesting enough to go public.
    Feel free to join in. Enjoy!
    Last edited by calikid; 04-17-2015 at 06:00 PM. Reason: add mod note
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    I was looking at the Rendelsham thread and I saw that there wasn't anything about Kit Green's recent comments. I think what said about why John Burroughs' medical records are classified is very important to the case. It could explain why the craft was there.

It has been rumored (and I've heard that some have confirmed it) that there were live nuclear missiles on that base. They weren't supposed to be there and it was basically illegal. Supposedly the craft sent a beam into the ground. I think that whatever the craft did caused the missiles to leak. This is what caused Burroughs' radiation burns, not the UFO itself. And this is why his medical records are still classified.

Rendelsham is a modern day "Malstrom" and therefore makes UFOs a security problem. It's the 700 pound gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about.

Wasn't Burroughs' encounter off base in the forest?
    Not on base, near weapons storage?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Wasn't Burroughs' encounter off base in the forest?
    Not on base, near weapons storage?
    I'm not sure where the base begins or ends. There is also an underground section of the base. The witnesses to the event were brought to an underground room for the debriefing with sodium pentothal and hypnosis. I'm not sure if it was Burroughs or Warren who saw trucks arrive a couple of days later to lift something out of the ground and take it away. Perhaps that was a damaged missile.

"Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

I'm not sure where the base begins or ends. There is also an underground section of the base. The witnesses to the event were brought to an underground room for the debriefing with sodium pentothal and hypnosis. I'm not sure if it was Burroughs or Warren who saw trucks arrive a couple of days later to lift something out of the ground and take it away. Perhaps that was a damaged missile.

Burroughs was outside the perimeter of base fence in the woods along with others. They all had to "leave" the base to investigate the "lights".
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Burroughs was outside the perimeter of base fence in the woods along with others. They all had to "leave" the base to investigate the "lights".
    Ok. Then, where did the radiation, that damaged Burroughs' heart and eyes , originate? I think many feel that the burns happened when he was on the ground in the white light of the craft however, there has never been any mention of damage to the soil or plants in the area (including the trees). I think the elevated radiation that was detected was around the imprint area (where they made the casts).

Ok. Then, where did the radiation, that damaged Burroughs' heart and eyes , originate? I think many feel that the burns happened when he was on the ground in the white light of the craft however, there has never been any mention of damage to the soil or plants in the area (including the trees). I think the elevated radiation that was detected was around the imprint area (where they made the casts).

According to both Burroughs and Penniston they were in the woods outside the base when the they encounter the craft on the ground and Burroughs touched it. That was also where they encounter the "light".

Sgt. Penniston asked Sgt. Steffens to go with him into the woods, but Steffens did not want to leave base property. So, John Burroughs volunteered to join Sgt. Penniston and Airman Cabansag. The three men traveled in a pickup truck from the East Gate toward the unusual, colorful lights in the forest.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    Sherlock Holmes

Jim Penniston remembers approaching the lights, seeing a solid black, glassy, triangle- shaped craft on the resting on the forest floor. He photographed the craft, he drew sketches of it in his notebook and copied the odd symbols scratched into the black, glassy surface. He walked off the size at 9 feet by 6.5 feet. But John Burroughs, who was there with Penniston, does not remember any of that. Later, Jim Penniston realized that his notebook’s time line had 45 minutes of missing time. Further, Airman Richard Bertolino on Bunker Hill was listening to Sgt. Penniston’s radio transmissions until Security Control called for radio silence about an hour after Sgt. Penniston and the other men went into the forest. John Burroughs recently talked with Lt. Fred Buran who said radio silence was requested because Security Control lost all radio contact with Sgt. Penniston for about 45 minutes.

Right from the beginning, the men saw what they could not explain and something happened to the minds of those eyewitnesses – either in the forest, in military interrogations later on, or both. The results have been blank or confused memories and efforts to break through mental blocks.
    Sherlock Holmes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    According to both Burroughs and Penniston they were in the woods outside the base when the they encounter the craft on the ground and Burroughs touched it. That was also where they encounter the "light".

Sgt. Penniston asked Sgt. Steffens to go with him into the woods, but Steffens did not want to leave base property. So, John Burroughs volunteered to join Sgt. Penniston and Airman Cabansag. The three men traveled in a pickup truck from the East Gate toward the unusual, colorful lights in the forest.
    Burroughs didn't touch the craft, Penniston did. That's how he allegedly got the download of the binary codes.

Burroughs talks about falling down and the bright white light that came over him in this Paracast interview.
    http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/now-playing-june-21-2009-john-burroughs-and-peter-robbins/

The forest is a strip of land that runs between the American and British sides of the base. That doesn't mean that there isn't something underground. We know that there are subterranean rooms because that's where the debriefings took place. Also, missiles aren't necessarily stored on a base. Off the coast of the Bronx is an island that was a Nike missile site. The tubes are still in the ground but (hopefully) there are no missiles. I don't think there has ever been a base in that area.

Blog Entries
    The base is a designated NATO forward base. Authorized to store nuclear weapons within the secure weapons storage area. The same area, on base, which the "object" reportedly overflew and spotlighted.
    IMHO, no benefit to storage of nukes outside the secure perimeter of the base fence line (ie nothing to hide, less secure).

I suspect Burroughs was irradiated by the craft's propulsion system, that possibly used some type of nuclear fuel. Maybe he did not touch it (missing time, cannot know for sure), but sounds like he was in close proximity.
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    The base is a designated NATO forward base. Authorized to store nuclear weapons within the secure weapons storage area. The same area, on base, which the "object" reportedly overflew and spotlighted.
    IMHO, no benefit to storage of nukes outside the secure perimeter of the base fence line (ie nothing to hide, less secure).

I suspect Burroughs was irradiated by the craft's propulsion system, that possibly used some type of nuclear fuel. Maybe he did not touch it (missing time, cannot know for sure), but sounds like he was in close proximity.
    http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010...-case-had.html

During the early hours of December 26, 1980, USAF Security Policemen Jim Penniston, John Burroughs and Adrian Bustinza were attempting to discover the source of unexplained lights in Rendlesham Forest when they stumbled upon a landed, triangular-shaped UFO. What happened next has been written about in countless articles over the past 30 years. Less well known is the fact that other SPs, on duty at the nearby Weapons Storage Area (WSA), also reported a UFO hovering near the facility two nights later. At that time, the WSA held the largest stockpile of tactical nuclear bombs—also known as battlefield nukes—in Western Europe.

Just prior to the appearance of the UFO at the WSA, in the wee hours of December 28th, Bentwaters’ deputy base commander, then Lt. Col. Charles Halt, was leading a small group of SPs through Rendlesham Forest in an effort to identify the source of mysterious lights observed moving through the trees—the second such incident that week. In 1997, a retired Col. Halt spoke about the experience in an interview with journalist A.J.S. Rayl, saying,
    “[After leaving the woods, our search team] crossed the farmer's field past his house and across the road, stumbled through a small stream, and went out into a large plowed field. Somebody noticed several objects in the sky—three objects clearly visible with multiple-colored lights on them. The objects appeared elliptical and then they turned full round, which I thought was quite interesting. All three doing that. They were stationary for awhile and then they started to move at high speed in sharp angular patterns as though they were doing a grid search.

About that same time, somebody noticed a similar object [in another part of the sky]. It was round—did not change shape—and at one point it appeared to come toward us at a very high speed. It stopped overhead and sent down a small pencil-like beam, sort of like a laser beam. It was an interesting beam in that it stayed—it was the same size all the way down the beam. It illuminated the ground about ten feet from us and we just stood there in awe wondering whether it was a signal, a warning, or what it was. We really didn't know. It clicked-off as though someone threw a switch, and the object receded, back up into the sky.

Then it moved back toward Bentwaters, and continued to send down beams of light, at one point near the weapons storage facility. We knew that because we could hear the chatter on the [two-way] radio.”
    Elaborating on this last point during a 1999 interview with author Georgina Bruni, Col. Halt said, “We heard radio conversations on the Law Enforcement frequency, the Security Police frequency, and the Command Network...We could hear talk about one of the objects [being] in the vicinity of the Bentwaters WSA. I heard that some of the beams, or whatever they were, came down into the WSA...[However,] I was several miles away. From my view, a beam or more came down near the WSA. I don’t know for a fact that the beams landed there. I know they were in the area. I was too far away [and so] relied on the radio chatter which indicated the beams landed there. We could see several beams and members in the WSA went on the radio to report them. Several airmen present later told me they saw the beams. I don’t remember any names at this point.”

Halt further discussed the incident at the WSA during a Sci Fi Channel television program, UFO Invasion at Rendlesham , which first aired in December 2003. After some prodding by the show’s host, Bryant Gumble, a reluctant Halt stated, “The object to the south [of my position in the forest] was actually sending some beams down near, or into, the Weapons Storage Area. That caused me a great deal of concern. You know, what was it doing there? Was it searching for something, was it trying to—who knows what it was trying to do?” For a split second, it seemed as if Halt would say something like, “Was it trying to zap the nukes?” but caught himself before the words left his lips.

In 2007, I interviewed one of the SPs on duty at the WSA that night, Robert “Charlie” Waters. As I write in my book, UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites:
    Waters told me, “There was some commotion in the WSA that night. Someone saw this object, I don’t remember who, and called out to us. I think my ART partner was Rob Isbell, but I’m not certain. But we looked and saw this spinning light—a multicolored light, I can’t really remember the colors—anyway, this craft was hovering and then slowly descended toward the forest. We ran up on one of the berms to get a better view of it. Then we reported it [to Central Security Control]. I remember I used a couple of expletives and was warned not to use profanity on the radio...The next morning, I talked to one of the operations officers who told me that [a small group of SPs] had gone out to the woods and had seen some burn marks on trees, about three feet off the ground. He said it looked like, whatever it was, had bounced from tree to tree coming down. The person who told me that wasn’t our flight’s shift commander. He was another officer, but I don’t remember his name.”

...I asked Waters to describe the UFO he and his ART partner saw, using my standard question, “If you held a dime at arm’s length, was it larger than that?” Waters immediately said, “Yes! I would say it was, when I first saw it, as large as a, uh, cantaloupe held at arm’s length! It was big! It was spinning and, I think, had a light on the bottom of it, but I’m not sure. I also think I saw something sticking out on the bottom, uh, like a rod or something like that.” I quickly asked Waters if he ever saw anything resembling a beam of light coming out of the UFO. “No, nothing like that, at least what I saw. Nothing coming out and going down to the ground, or anywhere else.”

I asked Waters if the UFO had ever been over the Weapons Storage Area itself. He replied, “Not that I saw. It never came directly over our heads. It stayed just over the trees and moved slowly from right to left until it, I think, disappeared behind them. To be honest, I don’t remember where it went, but it was descending when I saw it. It was pretty amazing. I didn’t immediately think “alien”, you know, I was just perplexed. Also, I remember the animals were going crazy. There were cows mooing and, uh, farm animal noises in the distance. It was almost like they were screaming!”