Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloha one and all.....

Aloha one and all.....

Greetings!

I'm a 50-something-year-old IT professional (programmer/analyst), a USN vet and former MUFON investigator.

My interest in Ufology began in the late 70's after a daylight disc sighting with several other people present.

This picture is a RECREATION, a Photoshopped mock-up of what I and five others saw hovering over Camelback Mountain in Paradise Valley/ Scottsdale Arizona in the fall of 1979.

image.jpg

We watched this for over 10 minutes until two fighter-jets came roaring after it (low altitude with afterburners over residential areas) and it simply vanished before our eyes.

Needless to say it was troubling. My father had told me there was no such thing as 'flying saucers' (and my father knew everything and was ALWAYS right), so this caused me a severe case of cognitive dissonance.

Unfortunately my experiences were not over. About six years later, while on active duty, (Communications), I personally saw (and read) an official report on an JASDF (Japanese Air Self Defense Force) encounter over Kansai. This report detailed an encounter between a UFO and two JASDF F-4's.

The report included (written) recorded radar returns, with confirmed (air) visual contacts making a right-angle turn at 24,000 KPH. It was the one and only time in my military career that I thought of taking a classified document. Instead, I showed it to my opposite (the post-Walker scandal two man integrity policy was in place), who turned white as he read it. This caused me even further mental distress - in truth I was very afraid. There was obviously a real phenomenon associated with this but it was being kept (far more than) secret.

My (thankfully) final encounter happened about two years later while still on active duty, while 'underway' in the South China Sea. I had just finished a watch shift and had gone topside, late at night to an outer (O-4) deck to exercise. After I had finished, I looked up to admire the incredible view of stars (USN ships run dark at night and the view of the stars, from the middle of the ocean, with no distracting light is spectacular) when I noticed one of the "stars" was moving.

I watched this "star" streak across the sky, from (nearly) horizon to horizon at speeds that where beyond anything I had ever seen. Almost as fast as the 'warp speed' special effects in Star Trek/Star Wars. It did loops, infinity patterns and blazed across the sky (silently). It traversed over 100 degrees on the horizon then back again in less than two seconds then again and again.

I (almost) could not take it. I felt like crying and screaming WTF is going on?!? I wondered how this could be happening - with no one ever saying a word about it. I knew that if I went to my C.O. and reported it my clearance would be pulled and I'd be sent to the deck force. So instead, I kept my mouth shut and waited. My 30 year "Oath of Secrecy" is over, I am free to say what I saw.

I am deeply troubled by my experiences not just because of what I saw but of what the obvious implications are.
    Last edited by Wansen; 09-05-2015 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks for sharing your sighting. Seeing one that close tends to change everything. You go from suspecting that UFOs are real - to knowing UFOs are real.

Welcome, Wansen, and thanks for sharing your experiences.

So, others saw the one over the South China Sea as well, but never mentioned it?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

@CasperParks

I actually went from knowing UFOs are not real to knowing they are.

It was quite a cold dose of reality for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Welcome, Wansen, and thanks for sharing your experiences.

So, others saw the one over the South China Sea as well, but never mentioned it?
    No, I was solo on the SCS sighting and actually wasn't supposed to be on a 'weatherdeck' after darken ship.

The Camelback Mountain sighting had five other witnesses and we collectively called Luke AFB and contrary to belief the Air Force was very interested in our sighting and took a very detailed report on the phone including all of our contact information. One of our group was an international student from Japan. He was actually the first to see the UFO and asked me what it was. While we all stared at it, he ran to his room and came back with a professional quality camera and took several pictures. Stupidly, we told the Air Force that he got pictures. About a week later I saw him and asked if he had gotten the pictures developed. He told me they didn't come out but his face was filled with fear, he started shaking and I knew he was lying to me.

Although I can't prove it, I'll be damned if someone didn't 'get to' him. If I was a betting man I'd say AFOSI.

My apologies for posting this in the wrong section.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    My apologies for posting this in the wrong section.
    Nah... it's part of your personal introduction. It's all good.

But if you prefer, we can move it to the Encounters section.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Thanks for sharing your story here Wansen.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Thanks for sharing your story here Wansen.
    Thank you for reading it; it's been my (unfortunate) experience that very few desire to have a serious discussion on the subject. "Lights in the sky" or the plot to the latest movie about aliens seems intriguing to many but when "brass tacks" are brought up (i.e., Gordon Cooper's sightings as a NATO pilot, Mannsmen (sp?), Jacobs & Wilson's testimony on Big Sur, etc.) and it gets real, the intrigue ends and the (sometimes profound) unease begins.

I've cleared out more than a few over-staying dinner and party guests by 'getting real' on the subject even though my wife begs me not to.

The Taboo-ratio on the subject is amazing. Virtually no (serious) MSM coverage and a subject that most consider anathema.

It is a fertile breeding ground for ignorance perpetuated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Thank you for reading it; it's been my (unfortunate) experience that very few desire to have a serious discussion on the subject. "Lights in the sky" or the plot to the latest movie about aliens seems intriguing to many but when "brass tacks" are brought up (i.e., Gordon Cooper's sightings as a NATO pilot, Mannsmen (sp?), Jacobs & Wilson's testimony on Big Sur, etc.) and it gets real, the intrigue ends and the (sometimes profound) unease begins.

I've cleared out more than a few over-staying dinner and party guests by 'getting real' on the subject even though my wife begs me not to.

The Taboo-ratio on the subject is amazing. Virtually no (serious) MSM coverage and a subject that most consider anathema.

It is a fertile breeding ground for ignorance perpetuated.
    Wansen, you have seen what others do not want to even think of ever seeing. You seem to have uneasyness about the subject. You need to accept that the Universe is very large and it is populated throughout by other lifeforms. Somehow they have managed to be able to travel the vast distances of this Universe and arrive here. Think of those in the future who will live with this as a given in their lives. We are in a transition between the past, where we thought of ourselves as special and unique and alone in the Universe, and this future where we are integrated as a species within that greater culture of Universal life. There are those who cannot deal with this and just assume that the UFOs and the aliens all are demons from the dark side, failing to understand that the forces of life, light and knowledge are the real powers in this Universe. Ignore those who can not see the Universe in its greater nature and unite with those of us who do understand the greater Universe and accept the life that lives throughout it.