Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aloha one and all.....

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    Wansen, you have seen what others do not want to even think of ever seeing. You seem to have uneasyness about the subject. You need to accept that the Universe is very large and it is populated throughout by other lifeforms. Somehow they have managed to be able to travel the vast distances of this Universe and arrive here. Think of those in the future who will live with this as a given in their lives. We are in a transition between the past, where we thought of ourselves as special and unique and alone in the Universe, and this future where we are integrated as a species within that greater culture of Universal life. There are those who cannot deal with this and just assume that the UFOs and the aliens all are demons from the dark side, failing to understand that the forces of life, light and knowledge are the real powers in this Universe. Ignore those who can not see the Universe in its greater nature and unite with those of us who do understand the greater Universe and accept the life that lives throughout it.
    Thank you majicbar for your thoughtful and deep words. I agree with you that we are in a transition, however, I am not always optimistic about we are transitioning to or into. I realize I am (somewhat) jaded on the subject and although I attempt to maintain a (relatively) positive outlook for the future, I do feel that there has been powerful and dark forces at work, behind the scenes, who will continue to deceive and hide "The Great Truth" from being revealed.

For the record: I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    I've cleared out more than a few over-staying dinner and party guests by 'getting real' on the subject even though my wife begs me not to.

The Taboo-ratio on the subject is amazing. Virtually no (serious) MSM coverage and a subject that most consider anathema.
    Well you're among friends here. I was banned from raising the subject, by the wife, for a while. I mistakenly bought several copies of Leslie Kean's book for friends sure that they would be convinced by the good research therein. I couldn't even convince them to pick it up and read it. People aren't as openminded as they think they are they have already been convinced Ufos are nonsense.

People don't know why they are here, the level of ignorance on several of the most profound topics is almost complete. But I think we stand on the brink of taking humanity to another level.
    We now easily have it within or power to eradicate poverty, hunger most disease and end wars. We've never had it so good but we are heading for a massive fall. There are already to many of us on this small rock.
    I'm not sure we will make it if we are not told 'the truth'. We need something to kick us out of our old tramlines and think globally about how to live sustainably with our world.
    The nature of reality is very different from what the average guy on the street thinks it is.
    The closer it is to the truth the better this world will become.
    We need to move past the moral guidance of many mainstream faiths to a more profound understanding of our own nature and all that entails. If people had even an inkling the majority of the worlds problems would reduced tenfold.

I think learning the truth about ETs is just the start of what they are afraid we might realise. They are wrong though.
    Last edited by Longeyes; 09-14-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longeyes View Post
    Well you're among friends here. I was banned from raising the subject, by the wife, for a while. I mistakenly bought several copies of Leslie Kean's book for friends sure that they would be convinced by the good research therein. I couldn't even convince them to pick it up and read it. People aren't as openminded as they think they are they have already been convinced Ufos are nonsense.

People don't know why they are here, the level of ignorance on several of the most profound topics is almost complete. But I think we stand on the brink of taking humanity to another level.
    We now easily have it within or power to eradicate poverty, hunger most disease and end wars. We've never had it so good but we are heading for a massive fall. There are already to many of us on this small rock.
    I'm not sure we will make it if we are not told 'the truth'. We need something to kick us out of our old tramlines and think globally about how to live sustainably with our world.
    The nature of reality is very different from what the average guy on the street thinks it is.
    The closer it is to the truth the better this world will become.
    We need to move past the moral guidance of many mainstream faiths to a more profound understanding of our own nature and all that entails. If people had even an inkling the majority of the worlds problems would reduced tenfold.

I think learning the truth about ETs is just the start of what they are afraid we might realise. They are wrong though.
    Thank you Longeyes, that is very kind of you to say and I certainly need a friend on the subject. I have a bookshelf of Ufology books and if I croaked to tomorrow they'd probably end up in the rubbish bin it pains me to say. I don't know a soul who would want them. I've found that most people are generally open to the theory that UFOs exist but have no real idea of the history or how widespread. I completely agree on the level of ignorance on display, I had a chance to talk with a senior astronomer (PhD), and he thought the subject was 'mental'.

I have to admit that I perhaps have a more lugubrious outlook for the future. I agree that we have the technology to greatly improve the quality of life and I agree that we have way too many people populating this planet. Moving past the guidance of mainstream faiths is a concept I embrace wholeheartedly. I have friends who's intellect is shackled (IMO) by their faiths. I see greed as a great impediment to our human development.

It seems as though TPTB are content to keep (most all) of us in the dark - although I suspect the proliferation of UFO/ET shows might be part of some 'warming up' process - and I hope I'm wrong but I can't see a true 'Disclosure' happening. Just my opinion but I think they can't tell the (real) truth about what's going and what has gone on with UFOs/ET. I think there'd be a reckoning. My guess is that they would twist any Disclosure somehow, to their advantage. I believe they'd use it as a controlling mechanism, much like the effect on our way of life by 9/11.

I can't help but think that if not for my sightings and military rating, I too, would be happily ignorant of this phenomenon and not bothered by what it may all really mean. You're right, it may just be the start and that's kind of mind-blowing.

First and foremost Welcome, Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm sure most of us understand/share what your going threw in the area of people wanting to turn and run once a conversation gets "real". I'm in my early 20s and like you said dont have anybody to talk to when the "brass tacks" get taken out. The senior astronomer calling what I think to be one of the greatest topics of mankind "mental" is mind blowing to me that some can be so "intelligent" yet so close minded at the same time.
    Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.
    -Arthur Balfour

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenmatter View Post
    First and foremost Welcome, Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm sure most of us understand/share what your going threw in the area of people wanting to turn and run once a conversation gets "real". I'm in my early 20s and like you said dont have anybody to talk to when the "brass tacks" get taken out. The senior astronomer calling what I think to be one of the greatest topics of mankind "mental" is mind blowing to me that some can be so "intelligent" yet so close minded at the same time.
    Thank you Ebenmatter, we both seem to be in the same boat at times although I've found young people seem to be more open-minded on the subject. I was quite frustrated - and a bit embarrassed - by the astronomer's response, it was at a dinner party among friends and I was sure that I came across as "the crazy UFO guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Wansen View Post
    Thank you Ebenmatter, we both seem to be in the same boat at times although I've found young people seem to be more open-minded on the subject. I was quite frustrated - and a bit embarrassed - by the astronomer's response, it was at a dinner party among friends and I was sure that I came across as "the crazy UFO guy".
    Not that I can say from experience(young myself) but I feel your right about the younger generations being more open minded, I find most hit a wall when trying to break from their religious uprising. If I don't pick my words very carefully people just shut the conversation down. Sometimes it gets me down that most are willing to listen and agree yet they still choose not to open there mind to the chance that whats being said is plausible and not just fiction. Anyway thanks for the smile while at work,I'm sure most of us have been the "crazy UFO guy" many times if not all the time .
    Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all.
    -Arthur Balfour

Welcome to the new members and thanks for posting. It's sad to read that others are getting the negative reactions to telling the truth to people they hoped would understand, as has been going on since Ken Arnold, at least, I suppose. After a while people who have had extraordinary experiences learn to share them only with people they have come to trust on a deep, personal level, or even more sad, they fall silent and tell no one at all.

We started The Outpost Forum for many reasons, not the least of which is provide a place where someone can come and tell his/her story. I know it's not just a story but I want to say that first because I want you to know that I know, we know, that this a is piece of your personal truth. And there are very few things more heartbreaking than to try to share a piece of your personal truth and not be believed, or worse, insulted. We won't do that. We welcome your truth and we welcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Welcome to the new members and thanks for posting. It's sad to read that others are getting the negative reactions to telling the truth to people they hoped would understand, as has been going on since Ken Arnold, at least, I suppose. After a while people who have had extraordinary experiences learn to share them only with people they have come to trust on a deep, personal level, or even more sad, they fall silent and tell no one at all.

We started The Outpost Forum for many reasons, not the least of which is provide a place where someone can come and tell his/her story. I know it's not just a story but I want to say that first because I want you to know that I know, we know, that this a is piece of your personal truth. And there are very few things more heartbreaking than to try to share a piece of your personal truth and not be believed, or worse, insulted. We won't do that. We welcome your truth and we welcome you.
    Wow Doc, thank you for your warm welcome.

Obviously you've been down this road before as what you wrote 'struck home' with me.

I've 'lurked' at most of the UFO/ET sights but TOPF's members by far, seemed the most rational.

As time permits I continue to learn more about this bizarre phenomenon from the postings here, much with sage comments from obviously learned persons allowing me to far more easily sort the signal through the noise.