Thread: More evidence supporting Panspermia theory

More evidence supporting Panspermia theory

Scientists from the University of Buckingham have released a picture of an extraterrestrial from deep space that is bombarding the Earth. No, it’s not part of an extraterrestrial invasion. Rather, it is evidence supporting the theory of panspermia, in which microscopic life forms exist in the vacuum of space, and can seed life by arriving in great numbers on habitable planets like the Earth.

A team of scientists, including Professor Milton Wainwright, from the University of Buckingham Centre for Astrobiology, have conducted scientific tests in the stratosphere. These show that organisms not found on the Earth are arriving from outer space. Professor Wainwright claims the results prove that life exists outside the Earth.
    Original article:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...oof-life-space

Michael Salla's comments, from which the above two paragraphs were quoted:
    http://exopolitics.org/scientists-re...barding-earth/
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

"His work is supported by Astrobiologist Chandra Wickramasinghe", now that is a last name!

Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    "His work is supported by Astrobiologist Chandra Wickramasinghe", now that is a last name!
    Just for the fun of it, and because it's the kind of trivia I'm interested in and therefore seem to remember easily: Wickramasinghe consists of Vikram (wise / brave / strong / victorious) & Singh (warrior). [I have Indian relatives].
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    If it wasn’t for the programing faults which led to failure of the Zenit Rocket in November of 2011 we would have had a better understanding if simple life could withstand the survivability of space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living...ght_Experiment

I am flabbergasted that the ‘Living Interplanetary Flight Experiment’ was even funded. IMO funding something like this would be like funding space exploration to the moon to see if it is really made of cheese.

Travelling millions of years in space and life, even if shielded, is somewhat of a leap in believability, at least scientifically. Hmmm, maybe this is an undertaking to disprove the God hypothesis or even to grasp at something like Planet X which would make it somewhat more believable.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by atmjjc View Post
    If it wasn’t for the programming faults which led to failure of the Zenit Rocket in November of 2011 we would have had a better understanding if simple life could withstand the survivability of space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living...ght_Experiment

I am flabbergasted that the ‘Living Interplanetary Flight Experiment’ was even funded. IMO funding something like this would be like funding space exploration to the moon to see if it is really made of cheese.

Travelling millions of years in space and life, even if shielded, is somewhat of a leap in believability, at least scientifically. Hmmm, maybe this is an undertaking to disprove the God hypothesis or even to grasp at something like Planet X which would make it somewhat more believable.
    The "God hypothesis" will survive, we can't possibly find enough information to prove that it is natural for life to spontaneously develop. Now,
    on the other hand, one can still argue a position of "intelligent design", in that if life seems to naturally arise, then perhaps matter was designed to behave this way. It would not be my argument, but I am not sure that I could over-turn it. Sometimes in a debate you just turn away and mutter, "Oh God".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by majicbar View Post
    The "God hypothesis" will survive, we can't possibly find enough information to prove that it is natural for life to spontaneously develop. Now,
    on the other hand, one can still argue a position of "intelligent design", in that if life seems to naturally arise, then perhaps matter was designed to behave this way. It would not be my argument, but I am not sure that I could over-turn it. Sometimes in a debate you just turn away and mutter, "Oh God".
    Yep I agree, there is too much arrogant conjecture on both sides of the evolution vs. creation debate. They both tend to have giggle factors embedded in their arguments.

More on the subject matter at hand I came across this little living organism right here on earth which is more than likely stirring the great interest among scientists concerning the Panspermia theory. It makes more sense and understanding where the scientists’ excitement is coming from.

This tiny little creature is known as the ‘tardigrade’. This little guy is amazing and it does have DNA, and to my knowledge there has been very little study done on its evolution…if it even has any!

Follow the link below to read up on this fascinating creature called the Tardigrade (aka/water bears).

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/sc...ater-bear.html284594-tardigrade-water-bear.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atmjjc; 09-09-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Just for the fun of it, and because it's the kind of trivia I'm interested in and therefore seem to remember easily: Wickramasinghe consists of Vikram (wise / brave / strong / victorious) & Singh (warrior). [I have Indian relatives].
    Now this is a topic I can sink my teeth in! My maiden was Rich derived from Ulrich of Flaack, Switzerland. Indian names are so much more interesting.
    But that said,... if life is being showered on this obscure planet orbiting a minor sun, where else might it have showered more than a billion years ago ? Could that life have developed and advanced far ahead of us, and could they have found us, either intentionally or by accident? And could they have experimented with life here ? Do you think scientists will attack THAT question ? So many questions, so few answers.
    Last edited by southerncross; 09-09-2015 at 05:05 PM.

I'm trying to review Panspermia theory with new eyes, but also with the possible understanding that NASA may have an agenda to withhold or muddy evidence of ET life. Take a look at mars meteorite ALH84001

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Hills_84001

Now NASA has been observing images of Mars and seen what looks like water moving on the surface. Now that Rover Mission has proven this to be true.

Lets use scientific observation, the mars meteorite ALH84001 electron microscope photo shows a fossil of a Mars worm IMO.

So I foresee NASA kicking and screaming to be forced to say early forms of life started on Mars.

What do you think?