Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mars Anomaly - Silver-Looking Dome

Hi Rdunk,

I indeed used the image located here (for all of my images of the object):

http://viewer.mars.asu.edu/planetvie..._35N345W#start

ScreenHunter_03Jan170653-1.jpg

As I posted earlier, if you look at that image, you can see the shadows and direction of the sun (in the larger image from the link above).

ScreenHunter_02aJan120635.jpg

While the terrain in the area of the perceived “dome” like object is very rugged (this is an area of ejecta from the very large crater below this object), a rise or dome will cast a shadow. The reason this object does not cast a shadow is due to it being a depression (therefore is reflects light on the opposite side of the sun), as in the example below.

AdomeandCrater.jpg

Have a great one!

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Marvin, I know you are trying to be pretty technical with this silver dome feature. But it is my opinion, on the basis of the very specific detail shown in the CTX photo, that we are not seeing anything here that would indicate a "crater', as you describe. It does look like a dome, and it does have very specific features on its face, that are certainly not Crater-like.

So, maybe we can just agree to disagree??

You said: “Marvin, I know you are trying to be pretty technical with this silver dome feature.” If we are interested in what the object really is, should we not take a technical and fact based approach?

For example, can you tell me what you see in this Mars image?

MarsBunny.jpg

But yes, I can agree to disagree.

Hey Marvin! You said, "But yes, I can agree to disagree". And I say to that - -Great! We do just have differences of opinion, relative to the silver dome.

Regarding your request, "can you tell me what you see in this Mars image"? And I say, I have participated in that "rodeo" several times in the past, and I do consider it a waste of my time and yours. I know the basis for the technique, and it usually doesn't promote anomaly/artifact posting, as rather it usually is used in a "debunking scenario".

Marvin, since you posted the image, and if you consider it to be anomalous, then, I would be glad to hear what you see, in the image!!

P.S. Marvin, I think I may have figured out why you are having a problem seeing the silver dome. Of course, this gets a little technical, but if you happen to be "left handed", as is your little guy with the writing tablet in your signature,, then that probably is the problem!!
    Last edited by rdunk; 01-18-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Regarding your request, "can you tell me what you see in this Mars image"? And I say, I have participated in that "rodeo" several times in the past, and I do consider it a waste of my time and yours. I know the basis for the technique, and it usually doesn't promote anomaly/artifact posting, as rather it usually is used in a "debunking scenario". :

I understand your concern for having a "debunking scenario.” Please keep in mind that you are making the claims as to what the objects are, therefore the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders (and not mine). So far, you have offered no evidence other than “it looks like.…” I have demonstrated my opinion by scrutinizing light and shadow. I still do not “get it” with the “silver dome” when you present a black and white photo (not a color photo).

I am not discouraging you from posting anomalies/artifacts nor am I discouraging you from having your own opinion. I debate unfounded claims and reserve the right to question any claim unsupported by fact or evidence (when it is posted as such).

If you really do think my posts are a waste of your time, then do not read them... but thatwas a good attempt to stop the conversation. I want you to know I am not a debunker in sense that I would not accept the existence of anomalies on Mars… no matter what the evidence shows. I do think you have showed that characteristic of non-acceptance better than I.

In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit.

MarsBunnyred.jpg

In this case as well as with the “silver dome,” the shadows do not support the “bunny hypothecates”… that is to say, the shadows show there is more than one object that create the appearance or illusion of a rabbit. If we were able to be able to change the camera’s position, the “ears” and the “head” would no longer line up and the “bunny” would “disappear.”

MarsBunnyLgA.jpg

A wise man once said, not everything that glitters is gold.

As Stanton Freeman says, “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” I look forward to seeing it.

M

Marvin quote: I understand your concern for having a "debunking scenario.” Please keep in mind that you are making the claims as to what the objects are, therefore the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders (and not mine). So far, you have offered no evidence other than “it looks like.…” I have demonstrated my opinion by scrutinizing light and shadow. I still do not “get it” with the “silver dome” when you present a black and white photo (not a color photo).

Marvin, what I said in the OP was it is "An anomaly that appears to be silver/maybe metal". It is shiny, compared to other objects in the area. I also said "it has a rounded dome shape". I also referred to it as a "silver dome", because that is what it looks like in the photo. It does appear to have a perfect dome shape, and does appear to have a black ring around the base (that is hard to see). But it doesn't have a sign hanging on it that says what it actually is. It certainly doesn't look like a crater, as there are other craters right there in the area to compare to. Is it an observatory? Is it a spacecraft? Is it a flight control tower? At higher magnification, the "dome" has a feature hanging on the right side of its face, but no way to know what that feature is either.

Just no way to really know, on "basis of proof", what the function of this object really is. We only have this one photo, and it even appears to possibly have been modified.

Marvin quote: "If you really do think my posts are a waste of your time, then do not read them... but thatwas a good attempt to stop the conversation. I want you to know I am not a debunker in sense that I would not accept the existence of anomalies on Mars… no matter what the evidence shows. I do think you have showed that characteristic of non-acceptance better than I".

Marvin I did not mean to imply that your posts "were a waste of time". I said it would be a waste of time for us to go through your suggested "what do you see scenario", only because it is a tried and true "debunking tool", which often is used to obfuscate the discussion subject. But, I look forward to all anomaly comments, even those intended to help us stay straight, like yours in this case. Regarding your suggestion that "I have a characteristic of non-acceptance", you would be pretty much right, when it comes to debunking comments.! And that is because, since I don't post "rocks and craters" as anomalies, as some do, then I tend to have a fairly sound photo basis for everything I believe is worthy to post. Of course, when we get into opinion and speculation about an anomalous object's intended purpose, then one person's guess is as good as another's.

Marvin quote: "In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit".

Marvin, I will debunk that a little - I see nothing in those rocks that looks like a bunny rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by rdunk View Post
    Marvin quote: "In regards to the Mars photo I posted, the photo was going around some time ago as being a rabbit".

Marvin, I will debunk that a little - I see nothing in those rocks that looks like a bunny rabbit!

Well played rdunk, well played.