Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious city over the skies of China

Again, I am not an advocate for the video being authentic... the CGI out there today can be very, very convincing.

I am not a weather expert either... but looking at all of the real photos of this kind of phenomenon, I can't help but notice that none of the mirages are seen in clouds (the sky appears to be basically cloud free in the area of the mirage). Due to the physics of bending light, there may be a good reason for the absence of mirages in clouds... but this is only speculation on my part. The brief video I have seen just does not show enough evidence to fully understand what is going on (for example, where is the location of the sun relative to the camera). I am sure it is just a matter of time for the answer to be revealed (by folks who are smarter than me).

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

In the news:

http://www.newser.com/story/214630/t...ml?intcmp=hpdm

It is still a mystery.

M

I've been looking for the original version of this report, and, thus far, the oldest version I can find is indeed the one on the Paranormal Crucible, published on 13 October.

The Paranormal Crucible is a known CGI hoax channel on YouTube, operated by Stephen Hannard.
    (He also runs the ADG and ADG UK channels).

I've contacted friends in China and Hong Kong, and this wasn't in the TV news at all when this was supposed to have happened (i.e. 11 days ago, or soon after).
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I've been looking for the original version of this report, and, thus far, the oldest version I can find is indeed the one on the Paranormal Crucible, published on 13 October.

The Paranormal Crucible is a known CGI hoax channel on YouTube, operated by Stephen Hannard.
    (He also runs the ADG and ADG UK channels).

I've contacted friends in China and Hong Kong, and this wasn't in the TV news at all when this was supposed to have happened (i.e. 11 days ago, or soon after).

Here is a video (reportedly) out of Taiwan published the 9th of October on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoP1sh1WXm8

How sure are you the Paranormal Crucible is the sole origin of this video?

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Here is a video (reportedly) out of Taiwan published the 9th of October on You Tube:

How sure are you the Paranormal Crucible is the sole origin of this video?

M
    I'm not sure the Paranormal Crucible is the sole origin.

The first time I encountered the video was a link on Facebook to an Italian fake news web site, and within hours it was copied on other fake news web sites, while no reliable news outlet had it. Then some days later, the story went viral.

But I still don't know which video is the original. I'm still looking for that one.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    I'm not sure the Paranormal Crucible is the sole origin.

The first time I encountered the video was a link on Facebook to an Italian fake news web site, and within hours it was copied on other fake news web sites, while no reliable news outlet had it. Then some days later, the story went viral.

But I still don't know which video is the original. I'm still looking for that one.

Awesome, we'll keep diggin into this one... I just want to be reasonably certain before I declare this to be a hoax or not.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Awesome, we'll keep diggin into this one... I just want to be reasonably certain before I declare this to be a hoax or not.

M
    This one contains the full[er] report that is often run on American news channels. It also shows what appears to be a second report, though I am still working on a translation.

==================

(Posted October 12th 2015)

While this description (translated from Chinese?) describes in some details where the report comes from. Allegedly it is reported to be from "Jiangxi Province and Foshan". It appears to contain the original video, possibly with reference headers. (Unsure as of yet)

Edit: Nevermind, the channel appears to be an aggregator.

==================

This one is earlier by three days, makes reference to the area being "the mainland, Foshan, Guangdong".

(Posted October 9th 2015)

==================

This one seems to be the possible original, posted on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/10000589270...8352980704455/

(Posted on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 11:16am)

The translated text reads "Foshan appear mirage", apparently clearly identified as a mirage. (Ruan Ziming
    Foshan mirage)

Preliminary Conclusion, "Media Hype, not facts were utilized?", "No parallel dimensional portals were hurt during the making of this footage?".

=========================

I used the "vectors method" to find the original (or as close to it).
    Last edited by Fore; 10-24-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    For every action, there is a corresponding over-reaction. -- Anonymous

It's not a hoax Marvin (on the other hand, quite frankly, it's impossible to tell yet, I still think it's authentic but just my own gut feeling about it) but I strongly suspect that the "mirages" that came after that at other locations that are in the news or wherever, are otherwise (copycat cases).
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

And once again, the floating city shows up again in a new location, not upside down, and this time shining on its underside against a setting sun.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...204.1445864738
    Attached Images Attached Images

Even though it is just a hoax, (greatest possibility) though it has a slim chance of being real, how about we give it a cool name. Mine might be Kumo-shi. (Clouds City in Japanese)