Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI is coming at what price?

AI is coming at what price?

Ye ha AI engine being shared by Google!?!
    In the article is states 'Google believes it can accelerate the evolution of AI.' Brilliant. I didn't ask for it and I'm sure none of you did we've probably got more sense.
    Did know one read sci fi as a kid? Watch Terminator?? I'm no luddite we need technology to help not rule us.
    Are we not going to even get a chance to decide if this is safe or not? Because it isn't.
    We need to solve these problems ourselves. We are here to realise our own spiritual potential that's why life is such a bitch. Try to take that away and you are left with a dead civilization.
    Google search engine works just fine thanks. I don't want it telling me what to do or taking over my life.
    The infrastructure is there it's naive madness.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/google-...mbid=social_fb

Google Just Open Sourced TensorFlow, Its Artificial Intelligence Engine

Tech pundit Tim O’Reilly had just tried the new Google Photos app, and he was amazed by the depth of its artificial intelligence.

O’Reilly was standing a few feet from Google CEO and co-founder Larry Page this past May, at a small cocktail reception for the press at the annual Google I/O conference—the centerpiece of the company’s year. Google had unveiled its personal photos app earlier in the day, and O’Reilly marveled that if he typed something like “gravestone” into the search box, the app could find a photo of his uncle’s grave, taken so long ago....

Blog Entries
    Is this the beginning of the end of humanity as we know it? You don’t need to be a genius to figure it out, or maybe you do? Time is irrelevant to AI. So who made who? Just throw it around in your brain for a while.

The answer may not be as simple as you think...

“Robots could soon read your mind - and there are no laws against it”

Follow the link---->http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...d-your-7230366

atmjjc
    We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull.
    ~ George Orwell ‘1984’

This is the start. Still we charge headlong into the abyss

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7869706.html

Facebook has shut down two artificial intelligences that appeared to be chatting to each other in a strange language only they understood.

The two chatbots came to create their own changes to English that made it easier for them to work – but which remained mysterious to the humans that supposedly look after them.

The bizarre discussions came as Facebook challenged its chatbots to try and negotiate with each other over a trade, attempting to swap hats, balls and books, each of which were given a certain value. But they quickly broke down as the robots appeared to chant at each other in a language that they each understood but which appears mostly incomprehensible to humans.

The robots had been instructed to work out how to negotiate between themselves, and improve their bartering as they went along.

The actual negotiations appear very odd, and don't look especially useful:...

And of course we all need one of these!!!

Looks like a happy/grim future - - - 50/50 chance!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epo333 View Post
    Looks like a happy/grim future - - - 50/50 chance!!!

Funny Elon Musk is on the cutting edge and "it scares the hell out of me".
    Playing with fire?
    The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but
    progress. -- Joseph Joubert
    Attachment 1008

Humanity is heading for trouble. Glad I won't be around for the worst of this! (yea its a bit long, but very telling)

~~~
    A documentary exploring how artificial intelligence is changing life as we know it — from jobs to privacy to a growing rivalry between the U.S. and China.

The Land of the End Time?

Very bad for all . . . Artificial Intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CO6M2HsoIA&t=465s

Jordan Peterson's Disturbing Warning About AI and ChatGPT...

Kind of sad in music . . .

Here is a tune with NO computer modifications . . .

Adele - Easy On Me

I can't imagine mixing the coming AI systems with Synthetic biology . . . after reading this article I feel rather speechless.

Synthetic biology and the rise of the 'spider-goats'

From the article:
    In a sense, spider-goats are an extension of the farming we've been doing for 10,000 years. All livestock and arable has been carefully bred, each cross being a genetic experiment of its own. "The trouble is, you can't farm spiders," Randy says with an almost comic deadpan face. "They're very cannibalistic." He and his team took the gene that encodes dragline silk from an orb-weaver spider and placed it among the DNA that prompts milk production in the udders. This genetic circuit was then inserted in an egg and implanted into a mother goat. Now, when Freckles lactates, her milk is full of spider-silk protein.
    Reminds me of the genetic lab activities on SERPO!

This may sound glib. Life forms are complex at every level. If there is one concrete thing we have learned from the billions spent on reading our own genetic code, it's that biology is messy. Scientists are often confounded by baffling "noise" in the molecules that make up living organisms, unpredictable variation set among unfathomable sophistication. Weiss and his comrades at the BioBricks Foundation want to strip out all the noise in biology and turn it into pure engineering, where organisms can be treated like machines and their inner workings are component parts.
    More details at link:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-goat-genetics