Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goblin of Mars

A99:

Decent photo shopping on the teeth... Having braces ads to the humor...

Thanks earthman... glad you llke it. lol.
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Thanks Casper... yes, the braces were a final touch and as one who used to wear them back in junior high, believe me, it's no picnic! lol
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Hi Marvin. It was very early in the morning when I posted those posts. Was still in the process of waking up and somehow when I skimmed over your first post, I missed the part where you said your image that you analyzed was from the NASA site. Didn't pay attention to that NASA link either. But like the fool that I am, I clicked on that article and from there I did that analysis. Wasn't until everything was posted that I went back and, this time round, carefully read over what you wrote about it. Yes, I did everything backwards...

So it's strange that NASA only had the compressed version of that photo up there and not the original. Very interesting.

I understand why you're saying what the author of that video did but it also looks to me like he digitally manipulated the compressed NASA photo to make those "teeth" look even more like "teeth".

But the fact that NASA only had the compressed version of that photo up on their site is much more intriguing... I agree.

Anyway, you're "The Photography Analysis Guy" and it's always a real pleasure to read whatever new analysis you post here. I just do things out of habit. I like to look at whatever you or anyone else analyzes in one of my own editors just to see if I can find anything else.
    I admire Marvin's work, also, and the reexamination by other members (like yours). That has been some of the fun we have been part of here and some of the education those who have been around for a few years have been exposed to. With some of the things I've seen here I come away with the thought that our members are not going to be fooled by any photographic hoax for any longer than it takes for Marvin and the other members to examine it. The other thought is that we/you all have had a hand in contributing to the history and art of photo-analysis. I like that a lot!

Doc,you are so right. We do have a great team here.

Thanks for your wonderful insightful comment Doc and I agree with earthman too!
    HTML Code:
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Sorry but I couldn't resist:

I see he finally made his appointment with Hermey!

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

I could never do what you do Marvin... I'm simply not as scientifically analytical as you are. This and the fact that I'm just your everyday person of avg. intelligence who's a bit too curious for her own good. In short, to do what you do, you need an intelligence that's above avg and you've demonstrated that over and over again. I love your approach and there have been times when I have found your findings... mind boggling!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I admire Marvin's work, also, and the reexamination by other members (like yours). That has been some of the fun we have been part of here and some of the education those who have been around for a few years have been exposed to. With some of the things I've seen here I come away with the thought that our members are not going to be fooled by any photographic hoax for any longer than it takes for Marvin and the other members to examine it. The other thought is that we/you all have had a hand in contributing to the history and art of photo-analysis. I like that a lot!

You are all far too kind and I can only hope to be worthy.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...