Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alien Claw On Mars?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by calikid View Post
    Wasn't that the original point?
    The released photos show "the claw", but whatever else might have been attached to it (A Martian hand? Rocky outcropping? etc.) was Photoshopped out by NASA censorship?
    Guess we will never know, unless NASA sees fit to release a more complete edition of this photograph.

This is just my opinion... but if NASA wanted to hide this "alien claw", It would seem they would have published this version of the photo:

Nothing to suspect, nothing to attract attention and no claw.

If NASA truly wanted to hide objects from us, they simply would not release them for public view. To show a part of an "alien claw" to the general public (assuming they are trying to hide it) would require NASA to be dumber than a politician.

Besides, in the "claw" photo:

The bottom "finger" is just a shadowy part of the upper lip of the partly crumbled ledge (see yellow line following the ledge):

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Can the above imaged be located within the larger image at http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA16700.jpg using some sort of image search algorithm?
    Of course you'd have to remove the added stuff like the close up and the red dashed line and circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Can the above imaged be located within the larger image at http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA16700.jpg using some sort of image search algorithm?
    Of course you'd have to remove the added stuff like the close up and the red dashed line and circle.

Wally,

The original Panorama (PIA16700) doesn't have the inserted close up, red dashed line or circle. I do not have any image search software... I hunt for it visually. The "claw" is located to the very far left boarder in the center of PIA16700:

NASA image: http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA16700.jpg

I am think the image (being so large) was run through some optimizing software (for file size), which may be the reason for the brown color bleed over which appears in the black boarder... meaning it may not have been placed there on purpose to hide anything, it is just the way the software interpreted the image for optimization. This brown color only occurs in the black boarder at the intersections of individual images which have been fitted together. Just food for thought.

Happy hunting.

M

Mmm, yes, very curious, very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Wally,

The original Panorama (PIA16700) doesn't have the inserted close up, red dashed line or circle. I do not have any image search software... I hunt for it visually. The "claw" is located to the very far left boarder in the center of PIA16700:

NASA image: http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA16700.jpg

I am think the image (being so large) was run through some optimizing software (for file size), which may be the reason for the brown color bleed over which appears in the black boarder... meaning it may not have been placed there on purpose to hide anything, it is just the way the software interpreted the image for optimization. This brown color only occurs in the black boarder at the intersections of individual images which have been fitted together. Just food for thought.

Happy hunting.

M
    Ahh, I see it now. Thanks for pointing out the location.

"Just below the hand they discovered an ancient inscription scrawled into the rock. NASA quickly assembled a team of linguists to translate the mysterious alien script. The message appeared to be the aliens final message before dying...it said..."Quaid....start the reactor". "