Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by A99 View Post
    Lily said:

But once I had that first UFO sighting where I then went on to have a series of experiences, beings showing up in my photographs, very lucid dreams and completely conscious encounters, now I’m certain that in actuality, those recalls from my childhood are and have been worthy of further examination.
    That is a very wise approach, I think. If Abductions/encounters tend to begin in the early years why should researchers so swiftly discard them as nightmare and dreams? Who would have the hardest time with describing tales of abduction/encounters only to be shunned with disbelief - an adult or a child? To understand something - should we not begin at the earliest source?

Thanks for your feedback mdonnall. This stuff isn't easy to talk about because it's all so... inexplicable. Just saying that I know how hard it is for abductee's and experiencers to write out what's happened to us and what continues to happen too. No one wants to be called crazy... that's for sure. All I can say is that we are very fortunate that there are forum's like this one where we are able to talk about our experiences with those who have also had them in one way or another. And how cathartic it is to share that information too! Just talking about allows for more clarity and helps us to... cope with it.. I guess that's the only way I can put it. Lily really did a great job explaining things in a way that only writers can do. I'm not a writer but by reading material like what she is showing here, it helps us non-writers to better articulate and describe what we've been through too. We are all here for a reason...
    HTML Code:
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by A99Lily said:

But once I had that first UFO sighting where I then went on to have a series of experiences, beings showing up in my photographs, very lucid dreams and completely conscious encounters, now I’m certain that in actuality, those recalls from my childhood are and have been worthy of further examination.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdonnall2002 View Post
    That is a very wise approach, I think. If Abductions/encounters tend to begin in the early years why should researchers so swiftly discard them as nightmare and dreams? Who would have the hardest time with describing tales of abduction/encounters only to be shunned with disbelief - an adult or a child? To understand something - should we not begin at the earliest source?
    I'm confused here. I never said the above quote.
    www.disclosurebeginsathome.wordpress.com
    Disclosure begins at home so start a conversation about UFOs.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

It's misquoted by mdonnal2002.

A99 said that in the 5th paragraph of this post: http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...full=1#post890

Only the first paragraph in that post by A99 was a quote of what Lil said.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    It's misquoted by mdonnal2002.

A99 said that in the 5th paragraph of this post: http://www.theoutpostforum.com/tof/s...full=1#post890

Only the first paragraph in that post by A99 was a quote of what Lil said.
    Thank you, Garuda.
    "Debunkers are like school yard bullies." - Kevin Smith to Leslie Kean, August 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by newyorklily View Post
    Thank you, Garuda.
    Sorry. Still trying to figure things out.

I now see where the mistake occurred.
    Last edited by mdonnall2002; 12-07-2011 at 01:07 PM.

No problem!

Most of us are all still in the process of getting used to the new software...
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
    - Charles Darwin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    No problem!

Most of us are all still in the process of getting used to the new software...
    Oh yes, same here!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Lilly.

Just a reminder, the Staff of The OutPost are committed to the principle that experiencers will be able to talk in safety here about what took place in their lives. This is our philosophy and our policy. As always, though, people should exercise some discretion in regards to what they are putting up on the internet. If anyone has doubts about what sensible limits might be, please contact a moderator.